Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

With the luck I've been having Mr. @Tomh something in my gut told me to go ahead and purchase Memory Maker. I already had the $169 set aside for it, so get it...now. I was going to wait till later in May, but with the luck I've been having waiting on things for Disney, I wasn't taking that chance. I missed that FP glitch and now have to wait as it always should have been, for my 60 day window.

I checked my FP ability every few hours for a couple of days, as best I can tell, that glitch did not ever appear on my account, so you are in good company there.

I am contemplating purchasing AP both for fear of more tickets and Memory Makers prices increases and to have early Marathon Weekend registration... I am just so confused by all those “may be coming because of SWGE” changes!

There literally is no telling what changes may take place for SWGE. I expect that to bring insane crowds, and am glad that I will be done with my trip a week before that opens.

Sorry in advance if this has been asked, it’s been a few years since going to Disney and now I am planning two trips this year. The first is Aug 11-17 with 3 of my kids and the second is sept 30-oct 4 with my oldest. Is there a way to use just one memory maker purchase? Thanks

Wait I think I can help. Mine says $279 as well but it says CANADIAN ..
Are you Canadian by chance ? Are they just figuring out the exchange rate for us ?
For some reason I’d rather pay $199 and forget about the exchange ha ha if about 35% 279 even Canadian seems so high

Here’s my questions
We are going when it’s going to be crazy busy .. is it going to worth it? We are eating no where that has fast passes and only a few character meets and greets .. is it worth it ?

Here’s my questions
We are going when it’s going to be crazy busy .. is it going to worth it? We are eating no where that has fast passes and only a few character meets and greets .. is it worth it ?

Is what worth it, Memory Maker? What does fast pass have to do with character meals? I'm sorry I'm not understanding, so I can't correctly answer your questions.

Sorry in advance if this has been asked, it’s been a few years since going to Disney and now I am planning two trips this year. The first is Aug 11-17 with 3 of my kids and the second is sept 30-oct 4 with my oldest. Is there a way to use just one memory maker purchase? Thanks

From my understanding, and Mr @Tomh will chime in if I'm wrong, you have 45 days from the date the first picture was taken to download them. So if your first picture is taken on Aug 11, you have till about September 25th or so to download those. Your next trip is more than a month from your first, so I don't think you'll be able to use just one. Tom might know something better than me, so let's wait and hear from him.

Are you Canadian by chance ? Are they just figuring out the exchange rate for us ?
For some reason I’d rather pay $199 and forget about the exchange ha ha if about 35% 279 even Canadian seems so high
That would make sense, yes, I am Canadian. Thanks!

Yikes I made a mistake 4 kids I get distracted sometimes lol. I have no meals with PhotoPass photographers.
I have no fastpass character meet and greets if the parks are 10/10 crowd level wise I’m not sure if he getting many pictures

Is what worth it, Memory Maker? What does fast pass have to do with character meals? I'm sorry I'm not understanding, so I can't correctly answer your questions.

First off, my appologies to everyone for not answering sooner. For some reason, I am no longer getting notifications for this thread the way I should be. Gonna have to see if I can get that sorted out.

No need to apologize. This kind of question pops up pretty frequently, and for good reason. The rules that apply are complex, and it is not really easy to figure out what will, and will not be included in a Memory Maker.

Ok then, let's work out the timing of this. Your first photo will be taken on Aug 11. It will expire 45 days after being taken, which will be the 25 of September. So, you need to download that first photo on Sept 25 before it expires. Once you make that download, you can continue to add photos to the Memory Maker for 30 days, so you would be able to add photos until the 25 of September. So, the timing works. This is how it will work:

Aug 11 first photo taken, expires in 45 days on Sept 25
Aug 17 last photo from first trip taken, expires in 45 days on Oct 1
Sept 6 First day that you could download photos from the first trip
*this is an important date. If you download any of the photos from your first trip BEFORE Sept 6, you will not be able to add all the photos from your second trip*
Sept 25 Last day that you could download photos from the first trip.
*this too is an important date. If don't download your photos by this date, then for each additional day you wait, you will lose one day of photos from the first trip*
Sept 30 first photo taken from second trip, expires in 45 days on Nov 14
Oct 4 last photo taken from second trip, expires in 45 days on Nov 20
Oct 5 you can download the photos from your second trip immediately
Nov 14 Last day you can download the photos from your second trip without losing any of them

Nice work there! I likely would NEVER have figured that out!!!

Yikes I made a mistake 4 kids I get distracted sometimes lol. I have no meals with PhotoPass photographers.
I have no fastpass character meet and greets if the parks are 10/10 crowd level wise I’m not sure if he getting many pictures

Only you can figure out if it is going to be worth it for you. I don't know how often you would have photos taken by Photopass Photographers in the parks. I don't know how many days you are going to be spending in the parks. I don't know if you spend the entire day in the park, or if you spend just part of the day there, I don't know how important family photos are to you, or what impact the purchase would have on your finances. Unfortunately, there is no way that I, or anyone else, can really give you any kind of advice here that will be relevant to you, and your unique situation.

First off, my appologies to everyone for not answering sooner. For some reason, I am no longer getting notifications for this thread the way I should be. Gonna have to see if I can get that sorted out.

No need to apologize. This kind of question pops up pretty frequently, and for good reason. The rules that apply are complex, and it is not really easy to figure out what will, and will not be included in a Memory Maker.

Ok then, let's work out the timing of this. Your first photo will be taken on Aug 11. It will expire 45 days after being taken, which will be the 25 of September. So, you need to download that first photo on Sept 25 before it expires. Once you make that download, you can continue to add photos to the Memory Maker for 30 days, so you would be able to add photos until the 25 of September. So, the timing works. This is how it will work:

Aug 11 first photo taken, expires in 45 days on Sept 25
Aug 17 last photo from first trip taken, expires in 45 days on Oct 1
Sept 6 First day that you could download photos from the first trip
*this is an important date. If you download any of the photos from your first trip BEFORE Sept 6, you will not be able to add all the photos from your second trip*
Sept 25 Last day that you could download photos from the first trip.
*this too is an important date. If don't download your photos by this date, then for each additional day you wait, you will lose one day of photos from the first trip*
Sept 30 first photo taken from second trip, expires in 45 days on Nov 14
Oct 4 last photo taken from second trip, expires in 45 days on Nov 20
Oct 5 you can download the photos from your second trip immediately
Nov 14 Last day you can download the photos from your second trip without losing any of them

As I said...Mr @Tomh is the Memory Maker guru! I knew he would have a better answer than me. This is GREAT to know! His mind works better than mine....there was TOO much math involved in his explanations! Math....not my strong point! That's why I'm a reading and social studies teacher! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

@Tomh has explained how it would work. I have one more thing for you to consider: would the cost of MM plus the cost of your park tickets (just yours, not your kids’) for the two trips equal enough $ to make buying yourself an AP feasible? With an AP which includes MM, your photos would be available for download for a year plus 30 days after each one was taken, and you wouldn’t have to worry about the complicated schedule Tomh outlined.

Are there ever any discounts offered for Memory Maker anymore or is that a thing of the past? I know the advance purchase price is discounted from the park price but challenging to swallow $170 for our upcoming 4 day trip, I’ve always gotten it in the past but I’m considering skipping it with this cost...

I kind of makes sense because I am Canadian but nowhere on the phone app does it say “Canadian $”. And if I try to buy an annual pass, it makes a quote in USD. Conclusion: Get a computer or risk being it by two conversion!

Are there ever any discounts offered for Memory Maker anymore or is that a thing of the past? I know the advance purchase price is discounted from the park price but challenging to swallow $170 for our upcoming 4 day trip, I’ve always gotten it in the past but I’m considering skipping it with this cost...

The only discount that I know of besides for the military is the advance purchase. I always take advantage of it. And I use Memory Maker whether I have a 3 day trip or a 5 day trip. To me, it has ALWAYS worked out to be the right thing to do. You have to think, how many pictures can you get in your 4 days. If you only do one park a day and get a minimum of 15 pics that comes to 60 pictures over the 4 days. Now I know for me, I've always had at least 100 pics from Memory Maker. And 15 pics aren't hard to get with character greets, character meals, and the photographers located at certain areas within the parks. The greets alone are going to bring you several pics in itself. I have a husband who is a graphic artist. So if I want to print them out and frame them, I can send the pics to him and he'll take care of me. That's another reason why I always purchase it...knowing I have a husband who can add a little more to our pics.
In the end, you're the only one who can decide it you want to do Memory Maker. I just know on my phone there is no way I can capture all the pics the photographers do, nor at the quality they do.

@Tomh has explained how it would work. I have one more thing for you to consider: would the cost of MM plus the cost of your park tickets (just yours, not your kids’) for the two trips equal enough $ to make buying yourself an AP feasible? With an AP which includes MM, your photos would be available for download for a year plus 30 days after each one was taken, and you wouldn’t have to worry about the complicated schedule Tomh outlined.

This is a possibility. Assuming that you are buying a 7 day ticket for the first part of your trip, and a 5 day for the second part, I believe that will cost you somewhere around $880. The Platinum Annual Pass is $894. I don't know if you are staying on site, or off, but if offsite / driving in, the Annual Pass gives you free theme park parking which will save you $25 / day. It gives you 10% off on most table service meals. It gives you 20% off most merchandise, and includes your photos for free. If you would be spending $880 for your tickets (just you, not the kids) plus $169 for the Memory Maker, you would save money getting the AP, and not have any deadlines as far as when to download your photos.

No, there are no discounts on Memory Maker. The closest you get to a discount is splitting the cost with family and friends that will be travelling together.

I've tried to read through all of these, but I just want to ask anyway. Can I edit my photos? I purchased Memory Maker and have my photos. It appears I can edit them on my phone but cannot figure out if and where I can edit them online. Thanks in advance and I'm sorry if this has already been answered.

I've tried to read through all of these, but I just want to ask anyway. Can I edit my photos? I purchased Memory Maker and have my photos. It appears I can edit them on my phone but cannot figure out if and where I can edit them online. Thanks in advance and I'm sorry if this has already been answered.
As far as I know, there is no way to edit them online.

Are the hard tickets (i.e. not magic bands) enabled with RFID chips for the ride photos, or is that only available for those with magic bands.

Are the hard tickets (i.e. not magic bands) enabled with RFID chips for the ride photos, or is that only available for those with magic bands.
I believe that the hard tickets have the chip in them as well, and will work for your on ride photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter