Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

I have a question about sharing memory maker with my family that is going on our trip with us. We have three separate rooms at POR. Our room will be me, my dh, my dd, and my ds. One room will be my parents. The other room will be my brother, his wife, and their almost two year old ds. They are all in my family and friends in my account. If I buy memory maker, will I be able to download and print all of our pics? Even ride pics where I'm not on the ride? Or photos any of them would have taken that I'm not in? I just want to make sure that before we buy anything we know for sure that we only need one memory maker.

I have a question about sharing memory maker with my family that is going on our trip with us. We have three separate rooms at POR. Our room will be me, my dh, my dd, and my ds. One room will be my parents. The other room will be my brother, his wife, and their almost two year old ds. They are all in my family and friends in my account. If I buy memory maker, will I be able to download and print all of our pics? Even ride pics where I'm not on the ride? Or photos any of them would have taken that I'm not in? I just want to make sure that before we buy anything we know for sure that we only need one memory maker.
Just verify that each of them are listed in your Friends and Family, and that in THEIR Friends and Family, next to your name, they click on the word "Update" and verify that the box next to "My Disney PhotoPass Photos" is filled in green. As long as each of your family members do that, you will be able to see, download, and print all of the photos, even ride pics, and any other pics, that you are not in yourself. You will only need ONE Memory Maker, I promise.

The prepurchase price option is not showing up for me on the website or in the app. We are 7 days out...what is going on?
If we are staying on rented points, would this affect our options? Also, will a split stay affect memory maker at all?

The prepurchase price option is not showing up for me on the website or in the app. We are 7 days out...what is going on?
If we are staying on rented points, would this affect our options? Also, will a split stay affect memory maker at all?
When I view THIS PAGE it shows me the $169 prepurchase price. Hopefully that works for you as well.

Thank you, unfortunately this brings me to the Disney UK website and the $169 price is still not showing for me. It has $199, and no option for an advance purchase. :worried:
Are you from the UK? If not, try a private, or incognito tab in your browser. I am in the US, for quite some time I have landed on the Canadian site unless I use incognito mode.

If that doesn't work, just call and purchase over the phone.

Ic
Are you from the UK? If not, try a private, or incognito tab in your browser. I am in the US, for quite some time I have landed on the Canadian site unless I use incognito mode.

If that doesn't work, just call and purchase over the phone.
I am US. Incognito did the trick. Thank you so much for the help! I was afraid I had missed the timeframe to sign up for memory maker!

Was the ability to download all of your photopass photos in one shot get removed? With the new setup I have to select the photos manually, I can select "all visible" but I have a lot more than what is on the screen so this could take a very long time.

Was the ability to download all of your photopass photos in one shot get removed? With the new setup I have to select the photos manually, I can select "all visible" but I have a lot more than what is on the screen so this could take a very long time.
The label "all visible" is a bit misleading. If you make sure you have the filter set to show all of your photos (so it is showing family and friends if that applies, and shows all locations) and chose to select all visible, it will actually select all of the photos, not just the ones you can actually see on your screen.

I plan to buy memory maker with military discount.

I'll be going to the After Hours Villains event on Aug 1, but I'm staying at Universal this night. I'll have an actual ticket for this, not a magic band. (I think) The tickets will be purchased in my husband's account, which isn't linked to my account that holds our 2 week vacation.

I check in at Disney World on Aug 3 and I'll buy the memory maker that day. I understand that the military deal allows you to go backwards to add photos taken prior to purchase. But how does this work without a magic band? Will the photographers give me a little card like they do (or used to do) at the water parks? Then I can swipe the card for ride photos, but this means I need to get a photo from a photographer before we get on a ride if I want the photo. I then manually enter then card numbers...the old school pre-magic band way.

I plan to buy memory maker with military discount.

I'll be going to the After Hours Villains event on Aug 1, but I'm staying at Universal this night. I'll have an actual ticket for this, not a magic band. (I think) The tickets will be purchased in my husband's account, which isn't linked to my account that holds our 2 week vacation.

I check in at Disney World on Aug 3 and I'll buy the memory maker that day. I understand that the military deal allows you to go backwards to add photos taken prior to purchase. But how does this work without a magic band? Will the photographers give me a little card like they do (or used to do) at the water parks? Then I can swipe the card for ride photos, but this means I need to get a photo from a photographer before we get on a ride if I want the photo. I then manually enter then card numbers...the old school pre-magic band way.
You can get a PhotoPass card from ANY PhotoPass photographer. You would have to do this before going on any of the rides that have PhotoPass. However, many of the rides in Magic Kingdom do NOT have a place where you can swipe a PhotoPass card to claim the photo.

There are a couple of ways around this that I can readily think of. If you have Magic Bands for your two week trip, you can use those for the night of the party. Even though it is before your trip, your Magic Bands will already be linked to your accounts, and will work just fine. If you don't have Magic Bands for your trip, you could consider getting some. They aren't terribly expensive for the plain ones. I don't know how many are in your travel group, but you wouldn't necessarily have to get bands for everyone. If there are just two of you, one band would get your ride photos as long as you ride together. For a family of four, two band would work, again, you would just make sure that each group that is riding together has a band with them. Finally, if you go without Magic Bands, keep track of the rides you go on, and approximate times. After your trip is over, contact PhotoPass at THIS PAGE to have them look for "missing" photos. Tell them what rides you were on, and the approximate times you were on them, and give them a photo of your group from that day so they know what you look like, and they should be able to get most, if not all of your photos for you. While that method might work, I personally wouldn't risk not getting all of my photos just to save a few dollars on the Magic Bands, so that would be my first choice.

I am sure that this has been asked before (but it's hard to catch up on 47 pages). What time do the PhotoPass photographers start? We have a PPO ADR at TH and didn't know if we should factor in a few minutes for a picture in front of the Tree of Life before our meal or if we should plan on taking the picture after.

Thanks Tomh! I’ll bring the magic bands for the two week trip

Awesome, glad this is going to work out for you.

I am sure that this has been asked before (but it's hard to catch up on 47 pages). What time do the PhotoPass photographers start? We have a PPO ADR at TH and didn't know if we should factor in a few minutes for a picture in front of the Tree of Life before our meal or if we should plan on taking the picture after.

That is a great question, and to be completely, I don't know for certain about Animal Kingdom, as I have never had a PPO there. Hopefully someone with first hand knowledge will chime in with an answer.

Can anyone tell me? If I linked my magic bands then purchased Memory Maker afterwards. Do I need to check that my magic bands are linked to my photopass? Or are they all linked because they exist in MDE together?

Can anyone tell me? If I linked my magic bands then purchased Memory Maker afterwards. Do I need to check that my magic bands are linked to my photopass? Or are they all linked because they exist in MDE together?
As long as you see the Memory Maker entitlement in your MDE, everything is set, and good to go.

Just to clarify- if I pre purchase memory maker this Friday morning it will be active on Monday when we arrive- so Friday is included in the 3 days before activation. Is this correct?

Just to clarify- if I pre purchase memory maker this Friday morning it will be active on Monday when we arrive- so Friday is included in the 3 days before activation. Is this correct?

I think it is literally 72 hours between purchase and available to use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!