Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

I think I may have posted this in another thread but this might be a better avenue - are people still seeing the opportunity to edit photos (add stickers/borders) on the app or has that functionality been removed as it has from the website? I can't seem to find it on my android, but would be willing to try on iOS if its still there.
Only available in the Apple (iOS) version of the MDE mobile app.

Help! just returned and activated my photos. Now i am tasked with getting them on the computer. I have a PC. thought I had them all selected and now there is a window on the side of my computer that says downloads and they all are in status of waiting to download. then have an option to click 'open, save or save as' why cant the whole album just be downloaded into a folder?

If you click save it should save it to your computer. There should be an option to download all the pictures at once and you would just click save on that. It probably saves it as a zip file and then you need to right click on the zip file and choose extract all

Yes, it is a .zip file. Just create a folder and name it what you want. Click save as and save to that folder. Then click on the downloaded .zip file and extract all. That should do the trick!

When traveling with family, Is there a way to 1. Minimize multiple photos showing up? 2. Minimize other ppls pics show up?
Ty

My friends who are connected in MDE are in WDW right now. I have MM and will arrive next week. When I look in MDE I can see their pictures with the watermark and a green "activate" button under the photos. What happens when I click that green button? Can I download their pictures before I get to WDW? Will that affect my pictures at all? I'm having a hard time finding information about the green activate button.

Thanks so much!

My friends who are connected in MDE are in WDW right now. I have MM and will arrive next week. When I look in MDE I can see their pictures with the watermark and a green "activate" button under the photos. What happens when I click that green button? Can I download their pictures before I get to WDW? Will that affect my pictures at all? I'm having a hard time finding information about the green activate button.

Thanks so much!
Once you click "Activate", you start the 30 day period in which you can download photos without the watermark.

Once you click "Activate", you start the 30 day period in which you can download photos without the watermark.
This is not quite right. The 30 day window is how long you have to add additional photos to the Memory Maker. You can continue to download photos to your computer until the last of the photos in your Memory Maker has expired, 45 days after it was taken.

If you want to download photos right now, and everyone in your group will be done with their trips within the next 30 days, then you can go ahead and activate now, but you don't have to. You can wait until your trips are over (as long as that is less than 45 days from the day the first photo was taken) to activate and download.

So, each photo that is taken will stay on the server for 45 days. You have to download each photo no more than 45 days after it was taken.

You have to activate before you can begin downloading.

Once you activate, you then have 30 days during which you can add more photos to the Memory Maker. Those photos still have the 45 day expiration, and can be downloaded any time before they expire.

You will be able to continue downloading the photos that are part of your Memory Maker until they photos expire.

Just back. Activated my memory maker. I downloaded photos just fine. But my daughter and sister (who were listed as friends and their pictures show up) can’t without having to pay? I thought we could all download?

ETA: Never mind. I see that I am the only one that can download them.

Last edited:
Just back. Activated my memory maker. I downloaded photos just fine. But my daughter and sister (who were listed as friends and their pictures show up) can’t without having to pay? I thought we could all download?

ETA: Never mind. I see that I am the only one that can download them.
Glad you figured it out. You can make copies of the photos for them of course.

We purchased memory maker in late April for our June trip. In MDE I have tried to link it to my account, but it doesn’t ever connect. In my confirmation email I can click on a link and it takes me to a browser and shows that we have it. But if I just open a browser instead of going through the email then it doesn’t show up as having memory maker purchased. Is this normal? I’ve been trying to connect it since we purchased it. I have one confirmation number from the email and then after clicking on the link in the email I see there is a different confirmation number. I’ve tried both. They don’t link memory maker to MDE. I’ve also tried the number on my magic band, but it doesn’t link either.

We purchased memory maker in late April for our June trip. In MDE I have tried to link it to my account, but it doesn’t ever connect. In my confirmation email I can click on a link and it takes me to a browser and shows that we have it. But if I just open a browser instead of going through the email then it doesn’t show up as having memory maker purchased. Is this normal? I’ve been trying to connect it since we purchased it. I have one confirmation number from the email and then after clicking on the link in the email I see there is a different confirmation number. I’ve tried both. They don’t link memory maker to MDE. I’ve also tried the number on my magic band, but it doesn’t link either.

When you click on the Tickets/Memory Maker tab on the app or website, what do you see? That is where I see mine was automatically linked when I purchased it a couple months ago.

If you can't get it to connect properly, a quick phone call will usually get things sorted out.

Forgive me if this has already been answered, but I had a question about memory maker. My dad is retired military and he, my mom, DW, DD and I, and my sister and her family are taking a trip next March. We were hoping that my dad could get the discounted memory maker, but we want to put it on my profile. Even my parents said right away that they thought I would be the better choice for that task. So, is this possible, or will it automatically be linked to my dad's account/magic band because he is the former service member? Thanks for any info.

I want to make sure, a family member I'm connected to has an AP. I don't need to buy memory maker if they are willing to download for us? Even if they aren't with us?

I want to make sure, a family member I'm connected to has an AP. I don't need to buy memory maker if they are willing to download for us? Even if they aren't with us?
You don't need to purchase MM. As long as they have one of the APs that includes the photo download benefit, they will be able to download your photos even if they are not with you.

Forgive me if this has already been answered, but I had a question about memory maker. My dad is retired military and he, my mom, DW, DD and I, and my sister and her family are taking a trip next March. We were hoping that my dad could get the discounted memory maker, but we want to put it on my profile. Even my parents said right away that they thought I would be the better choice for that task. So, is this possible, or will it automatically be linked to my dad's account/magic band because he is the former service member? Thanks for any info.

Unless I'm thinking incorrectly, Memory Maker links to the person who paid for it. Now I've seen a reassign Memory Maker when I click on the Memory Maker/Tickets tab. It only gives me the option of reassigning it to my friend who controls his wife's plans. My son is there too, but he's 11. Perhaps after your dad pays for it he can reassign it to you? Wouldn't hurt to try.

I know with regular Memory Maker, it can be reassigned to anyone in your Family and Friends list. I am not 100% certain if there is any kind of restriction placed on the Memory Maker when it is purchased with the military discount, but I imagine it will work the same way as the regular Memory Maker.

However, it doesn't really matter what name it is in. What DOES matter is that every member of your travelling party is connected through MDE Family and Friends to who ever has the Memory Maker. You could simply leave it in your fathers name, and have him give you the login for his MDE account so that you can manage it from his account.

No, you do not need to purchase a Memory Maker. However, you DO need to make certain that every member of your family is connected to the family member with the AP through MDE Family and Friends. If only you are connected, then only your photos will be available, so make sure that everyone whom you want photos for is connected to the family member with the AP, and you are all set.

Unless I'm thinking incorrectly, Memory Maker links to the person who paid for it. Now I've seen a reassign Memory Maker when I click on the Memory Maker/Tickets tab. It only gives me the option of reassigning it to my friend who controls his wife's plans. My son is there too, but he's 11. Perhaps after your dad pays for it he can reassign it to you? Wouldn't hurt to try.

Yes, you can reassign it that way. It really isn't necessary though. As long as the family member with the Memory Maker is willing to allow you to log into their MDE account, you can do everything that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts