Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

Thank you, verleniahall!

I was really worried I’d end up have to purchase the one day MM! Load of my mind…and my wallet! :laughing:

This is not quite right. The 30 day window is how long you have to add additional photos to the Memory Maker. You can continue to download photos to your computer until the last of the photos in your Memory Maker has expired, 45 days after it was taken.

If you want to download photos right now, and everyone in your group will be done with their trips within the next 30 days, then you can go ahead and activate now, but you don't have to. You can wait until your trips are over (as long as that is less than 45 days from the day the first photo was taken) to activate and download.

So, each photo that is taken will stay on the server for 45 days. You have to download each photo no more than 45 days after it was taken.

You have to activate before you can begin downloading.

Once you activate, you then have 30 days during which you can add more photos to the Memory Maker. Those photos still have the 45 day expiration, and can be downloaded any time before they expire.

You will be able to continue downloading the photos that are part of your Memory Maker until they photos expire.

Thank you so much for this explanation! I have a trip in October (21-29) and one in December (14-17) and was wondering if I could get both trips in just the one purchase. Looks like I can!

I have my own reservation number and my daughter and her family have their own reservation. If I purchase Memory Maker can I link them to my MM since I have a different reservation number?

Complicated question.

Have not been to Disney in years. Pre Magic bands and used photopass in the old days where we just got cards and entered the number in the account when I got home.
Anyway,

My son's high school chorus is going the week of Thanksgiving to sing at Candlelight processional. We, as are several other families are going to go a few days early.

So for the first part of the trip he will have a magic band and ticket linked to my account and room. The second half of the week he will join up with the chorus and use a different ticket purchased through the school. He will change to an off property hotel as well so no magic band

If I purchase the memory maker package for the week, will he be able to still be linked to my account so he can take pictures when he is with his school group? I do not have the ticket number he will use for the second part of the trip. I may at that that time. and can link it. But Not sure how school tickets are being handled. Hoping he can just take a picture and send it to me. I will still be in parks but not with him. I would love to just link new ticket to the account and he continue using his original magic band. as I will still have him listed as staying in my room

Sorry if this is confusing. I'm confused :) That's why I need help :)

Last edited:

Complicated question.

Have not been to Disney in years. Pre Magic bands and used photopass in the old days where we just got cards and entered the number in the account when I got home.
Anyway,

My son's high school chorus is going the week of Thanksgiving to sing at Candlelight processional. We, as are several other families are going to go a few days early.

So for the first part of the trip he will have a magic band and ticket linked to my account and room. The second half of the week he will join up with the chorus and use a different ticket purchased through the school. He will change to an off property hotel as well so no magic band

If I purchase the memory maker package for the week, will he be able to still be linked to my account so he can take pictures when he is with his school group? I do not have the ticket number he will use for the second part of the trip. I may at that that time. and can link it. But Not sure how school tickets are being handled. Hoping he can just take a picture and send it to me. I will still be in parks but not with him. I would love to just link new ticket to the account and he continue using his original magic band. as I will still have him listed as staying in my room

He can use his MagicBand to link pictures back to your MDE account for the ENTIRE trip.

With the 2020 ticket prices being released soon, do we think there will be an increase in the price for the MM? Would it be worth it to purchase it now, if your trip isn't until February? I read there were issues if you bought it too far in advance.

Thank you in advance.

I have my own reservation number and my daughter and her family have their own reservation. If I purchase Memory Maker can I link them to my MM since I have a different reservation number?

Yes. Go to the first page of this thread and there are instructions for how to do that. :)

I know this is answered in the thread and I have read it entirely, I just want to make sure I understand as its been a while since I have used MM. We are traveling with another family who are close friends of ours but we have separate reservations and MDE accounts. The mom in the other family purchased the memory maker. We have not linked ourselves yet in MDE on the Friends and Family list for fear that one of our teenagers will delete or change a FP+ that we secured very early in the morning on our 60th day LOL! Will we be able to use the same MM if we do not link ourselves in MDE? I am thinking I will have to add her to my Friends and Family list in order for us to be able to access our photos when we get back, right? I am not really worried about viewing them while we are there, but I would like for her to be able to download all of them when we return. Please help!!

So, first off, I want to apologize to everyone. I have not gotten lost, nor given up answering on this thread, but for some reason, I seem to only get notifications of new posts once in a while. I am going to have to make an effort to just check the thread daily since the notifications aren't working properly.

Change, glitch or am I missing something???

One of my friends (connected to my MDE and memory maker- Annual Pass) had a trip in April. Her pictures were appearing in my photopass account, but are not showing up this morning. I have downloaded all of them except for ones from Animal Kingdom. My photos from a trip last August are still there.

The previous deadline for claiming photos on this account was at least a year following the trip. Are earlier deadlines being enforced now for friends & family on the account?

I believe it to be just a glitch. I have photos still visible in my account from friends and family that traveled with me last August. However, if Photopass tells you something different, please let us know.

I upgraded to an annual pass on our tip last week and can download individual pictures. I can't find any way to download all of them at once without selecting each image. Is there no way to simply download all my images?

Only on a computer, not on the MDE app on a phone (which indeed, can only download one photo at a time) once you select ONE photo, you can then check the box to select all visible media. Note that check box is at the very top of the page, so in some instances, you may have to scroll back up to see it.

I have a question about MM.

So, I bought MM for my visit(Nov 3-8 package). But I just recently added MNSSHP for Nov 1(my Fl arrival day).

Am I able to have PP photos from the party on my already purchased MM. The party is listed in MDE. I’m hoping that, with my magic band, party photo CAN be added to MM. Or will have to buy the one day MM when I get to MK? :confused3:confused:

Use your Magic Band at the party, have your photos taken just like normal. At the end of your package on the 8th, all of the photos from the party, and your trip, will be in your account, and ready for you to download.

Thank you so much for this explanation! I have a trip in October (21-29) and one in December (14-17) and was wondering if I could get both trips in just the one purchase. Looks like I can!

So, your first day in the parks is October 21. Those pictures will expire on December 5th. Your last day in the parks will be Dec 17. You could download your October photos as early as Nov 17, and still be able to get your Dec photos in the Memory Maker. Just for a bit of a safety margin, I would probably wait until Nov 24 before downloading the first photo. That is still 11 days before they expire, and will put your Dec trip well within the 30 day window for adding new photos after your first download.

Memory make has nothing to do with reservation numbers. If you purchase Memory Maker, and attach it to your MDE profile, the only thing you have to do is make certain that your daughter, and each of her family members are connected to your through the MDE Family and Friends feature, and have checked the box to share their photopass photos with you. As long as that has been done, you will be able to see, and download all of their photos with your Memory Maker.

Complicated question.

Anyway,

Your son is going to have a Magic Band from his time with you. When he is with the school, he can continue to wear that Magic Band, He will use the ticket the school provides him to get into the parks, but when he goes to get a photo taken, he can have his Magic Band scanned by the photographer, and the photo will link to your account. Same applies when he goes on a ride that has photos, it will read his Magic Band, and you will get the photo. If for some odd reason, the school won't allow him to wear the Magic Band, he can get a photo card from any of the Photopass Photographers, and simply send you a photo of the numbers on the card, and you can manually add the card to your Photopass account, and get his photos that way.

With the 2020 ticket prices being released soon, do we think there will be an increase in the price for the MM? Would it be worth it to purchase it now, if your trip isn't until February? I read there were issues if you bought it too far in advance.

Thank you in advance.

Of course, we have no way of knowing if prices will change, but it is always a possibility. If it were me, and I could afford to buy now, I would go ahead and do so.

I know this is answered in the thread and I have read it entirely, I just want to make sure I understand as its been a while since I have used MM. We are traveling with another family who are close friends of ours but we have separate reservations and MDE accounts. The mom in the other family purchased the memory maker. We have not linked ourselves yet in MDE on the Friends and Family list for fear that one of our teenagers will delete or change a FP+ that we secured very early in the morning on our 60th day LOL! Will we be able to use the same MM if we do not link ourselves in MDE? I am thinking I will have to add her to my Friends and Family list in order for us to be able to access our photos when we get back, right? I am not really worried about viewing them while we are there, but I would like for her to be able to download all of them when we return. Please help!!

The only way that she will see your photos, and be able to download them, is if all of your accounts are linked to her via Family and Friends. Unfortunately, the reward of getting the photos comes with some risk.

I believe it to be just a glitch. I have photos still visible in my account from friends and family that traveled with me last August. However, if Photopass tells you something different, please let us know.

So I called photopass support and they told me that the owner of the AP will have the photos in the account for the year, but the friends and family pictures are subject to a time limit (30 days/45, not sure), but she added the ones I was looking for, with a one month time limit. Other friends have since been added to the account by other friends, and the pictures are showing an expiration date for July.

So, looks like something may have changed recently.

So I called photopass support and they told me that the owner of the AP will have the photos in the account for the year, but the friends and family pictures are subject to a time limit (30 days/45, not sure), but she added the ones I was looking for, with a one month time limit. Other friends have since been added to the account by other friends, and the pictures are showing an expiration date for July.

So, looks like something may have changed recently.
This is interesting. As I said before, I have photos from family and friends that were taken last year in August, and are still in my account, so if what you were told is indeed true about the expiration (which would be 45 days) that is indeed a recent change.

This is interesting. As I said before, I have photos from family and friends that were taken last year in August, and are still in my account, so if what you were told is indeed true about the expiration (which would be 45 days) that is indeed a recent change.

The photos from friends that were taken this past week (June 11, for example) are showing in the account with an expiration date of July 29, 2019). My guess is that this change (enforcement of the expiration date) happened at the same time other changes were made to the Photopass site interface (like removal of the editing, etc). Pictures from a January and April trip by friends are now gone. Pictures belonging to the AP holder from an August 2018 trip are still there, as well as pictures from Enchanted Tales with Belle, added by card number to the account, in April.

Just bought Memory Maker. Never done this before. It says it is assigned to me. I am traveling with wife and 2 daughters. Does this mean that when I use memory maker in the parks that i will have to use my magic band? If my daughters are not with me will they not be able to use my memory maker package?

Just bought Memory Maker. Never done this before. It says it is assigned to me. I am traveling with wife and 2 daughters. Does this mean that when I use memory maker in the parks that i will have to use my magic band? If my daughters are not with me will they not be able to use my memory maker package?
You will be able to download (without watermark) photos for everyone listed in your Family & Friends list.

You will be able to download (without watermark) photos for everyone listed in your Family & Friends list.

Thank you. But will everyone in my family and friends list be able to use their magic bands for pics with photographers and ride photos or is that just tied to my magic band...sorry for stupid questions

Is it correct that if we want to buy a one-day MM, that we wait until we are at the parks and do it on the iphone app? or can we purchase it ahead of time. Actually, we are thinking about two one-day MM's. Any tips?

Thank you. But will everyone in my family and friends list be able to use their magic bands for pics with photographers and ride photos or is that just tied to my magic band...sorry for stupid questions
Yes, your family can scan their bands and you will see and be able to download their photos.

Is it correct that if we want to buy a one-day MM, that we wait until we are at the parks and do it on the iphone app? or can we purchase it ahead of time. Actually, we are thinking about two one-day MM's. Any tips?
The 1 day MM option will become available in the MDE mobile app once you've had pictures taken for the day(s) you wish to purchase it for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!