Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

Thank you. But will everyone in my family and friends list be able to use their magic bands for pics with photographers and ride photos or is that just tied to my magic band...sorry for stupid questions
Yes, your family can scan their bands and you will see and be able to download their photos.

Just be sure that they're listed AND that they have all (each and every one of them) given you permission to see their photos!

Thank you. But will everyone in my family and friends list be able to use their magic bands for pics with photographers and ride photos or is that just tied to my magic band...sorry for stupid questions

Each person whom you want pictures for has to be connected to you via Family and Friends, and they each need to be click the word "Update" next to your name in their Family and Friends, and be certain that the box next to "My Disney PhotoPass Photos" is filled in solid green.

As long as this has been done, they can have photos taken with their Magic Bands, and you will be able to view, and download those photos.

Is it correct that if we want to buy a one-day MM, that we wait until we are at the parks and do it on the iphone app? or can we purchase it ahead of time. Actually, we are thinking about two one-day MM's. Any tips?

The One Day Memory Maker product is only available for purchase through the app, and can only be seen as an option after you have at least one photo taken that day, so there is no way to pre-purchase it. You can only purchase it day of, or after the day.

Hey guys, quick question about the memory maker.

I have purchased and linked all my family member accounts to mine. The memory maker is showing up on MY account.

We are all going to travel on august 15, but my daughter had the opportunity to go with my wife a week early, and both their accounts are linked to mine.

Will i be able to download their photos even if my account (the one with the memory maker) are not present at the moment but will be a week later?

Hey guys, quick question about the memory maker.

I have purchased and linked all my family member accounts to mine. The memory maker is showing up on MY account.

We are all going to travel on august 15, but my daughter had the opportunity to go with my wife a week early, and both their accounts are linked to mine.

Will i be able to download their photos even if my account (the one with the memory maker) are not present at the moment but will be a week later?
Yes, you will be able to download their photos as well as your own, even if they are there a week before you.

Be aware that once you download the first time, you then only have 30 days left in which you can add more photos. As long as your trip isn't going to last more than 3 weeks, this limit will not matter to you.

Yes, you will be able to download their photos as well as your own, even if they are there a week before you.

Be aware that once you download the first time, you then only have 30 days left in which you can add more photos. As long as your trip isn't going to last more than 3 weeks, this limit will not matter to you.
Awesome! Thanks Tomh!

Also, if my trip extends a little more, can i extend the memory maker or purchase another one?

Lemme give you my schedule

My daughters gonna be the first one to use the memory maker on july 3rd. Im gonna use it on july 10th (so were good here)

Im also planing to use with the entire family from july 30 to august 7th. (i might miss one day on the limit) can i extend the limit or purchase another one to extend it?

Awesome! Thanks Tomh!

Also, if my trip extends a little more, can i extend the memory maker or purchase another one?

Lemme give you my schedule

My daughters gonna be the first one to use the memory maker on july 3rd. Im gonna use it on july 10th (so were good here)

Im also planing to use with the entire family from july 30 to august 7th. (i might miss one day on the limit) can i extend the limit or purchase another one to extend it?

I am so glad you decided to give me the exact schedule.

There are two time limits that come into play with Memory Maker.

The first time limit is that the photos themselves expire, and are removed from the server once they are 45 days old. This applies individually to each photo you have taken.

The second limit is the one I talked about before. Once you make your first download, you then have only 30 days to add more photos to the Memory Maker.

Now, with those two limits in place, let's see how this will work out for you (hint, I have a good feeling :)

Your first photos will be taken on July 3rd. Those photos will expire on August 17th. So, already, we know that you last photos will be taken on August 7th, which is 10 days before your first photos expire. That means that you could wait until sometime between August 7th, and August 17th and download everything at one time.

You could also download the photos from the first part of your trip before the second part of your trip. You need to add your last photos to the Memory Maker on August 7th. Counting backwards 30 days from there, we get July 8th. So, you could make your first download anytime AFTER July 8th, and you would still be able to add photos on August 7th.

I would either download the photos from the first part of the trip sometime in mid July, say after the 15th just to give yourself a little padding on the timing, or I would download everything as soon as your second trip is over, on August 8th or 9th. Either way, you will be well within your windows with no need to purchase anything else.

Enjoy your trips, and your photos :)

I am so glad you decided to give me the exact schedule.

There are two time limits that come into play with Memory Maker.

The first time limit is that the photos themselves expire, and are removed from the server once they are 45 days old. This applies individually to each photo you have taken.

The second limit is the one I talked about before. Once you make your first download, you then have only 30 days to add more photos to the Memory Maker.

Now, with those two limits in place, let's see how this will work out for you (hint, I have a good feeling :)

Your first photos will be taken on July 3rd. Those photos will expire on August 17th. So, already, we know that you last photos will be taken on August 7th, which is 10 days before your first photos expire. That means that you could wait until sometime between August 7th, and August 17th and download everything at one time.

You could also download the photos from the first part of your trip before the second part of your trip. You need to add your last photos to the Memory Maker on August 7th. Counting backwards 30 days from there, we get July 8th. So, you could make your first download anytime AFTER July 8th, and you would still be able to add photos on August 7th.

I would either download the photos from the first part of the trip sometime in mid July, say after the 15th just to give yourself a little padding on the timing, or I would download everything as soon as your second trip is over, on August 8th or 9th. Either way, you will be well within your windows with no need to purchase anything else.

Enjoy your trips, and your photos :)

Great sugestion! Just to make sure, if my daughter wanted to download the pictures from the first day ASAP to post on instagram, would it still be possible to either extend the 30 day perior or purchase another memory maker after the 30 day expired? Just to make sure if the option is actually avaliable or if im gonna have to hold her social media urges. lol! :)

Is there a "download all" button somewhere. I cannot find a way to download all of our pictures without checking each one off individually. Is that the only way?

Is there a "download all" button somewhere. I cannot find a way to download all of our pictures without checking each one off individually. Is that the only way?
On the MDE mobile app, no.
On the MDE website, once you select a photo there will be a 'Select all visible media' check box. This will ignore any location filter that you may have set.

Great sugestion! Just to make sure, if my daughter wanted to download the pictures from the first day ASAP to post on instagram, would it still be possible to either extend the 30 day perior or purchase another memory maker after the 30 day expired? Just to make sure if the option is actually avaliable or if im gonna have to hold her social media urges. lol! :)
There is no way to extend a Memory Maker, so if she were to download (and this would have to be done through YOUR MDE account if you are the one who has the Memory Maker) photos prior to July 8th, then you would have to purchase a second Memory Maker.

I'm late posting this but just wanting to mention to anyone having doubts about Memory Maker, that my son and I took over 300 photos with a 4 day trip in the parks. Some were not just photos, but special little videos added to certain pictures. All the ride photos were there. I have to say, this year with just my son and I were some of the BEST photo opportunities we've EVER had with Memory Maker. Yes we went into Disney with a lot of character greets in mind, but I NEVER imagined we would have over 300 pictures!

ETA: 320 pictures to be exact. During the Enchanted Tales With Belle...we had everyone's Photopass pics on our account, but that's the way those pics worked. I only downloaded the ones that had my son in them. There were 5 I believe. He was one of the guards!
And the photobox with Tink actually captured some very nice pics of my son and her and with myself when I entered to take pictures. We visited Tink twice in the MK and both sets of pictures were VERY well done!

Last edited:
So let me see if I got this figured out. My son and I are going to Disney mid-August for a week. We are not Florida residents, nor do we have annual passes. We are on a free dining package deal with 7-day park hoppers. I also pre-purchased the Memory Maker option.

My daughter is a Florida resident, and she recently purchased her annual pass. So she gets Memory Maker included in her annual pass for free? She will NOT be joining us on our trip.

So if she adds us both via the Family & Friend link, we can use her Memory Maker? And I can cancel mine? Who can view and download the pictures? Just my daughter since she owns the Memory Maker? Or can we also view and download pictures?

I'm not trying to cheat the system. Just trying to see if I can save some money? And re-direct it towards MNSSHP? Thanks!

On the MDE mobile app, no.
On the MDE website, once you select a photo there will be a 'Select all visible media' check box. This will ignore any location filter that you may have set.
View attachment 412002

Thank you! I spotted that little check box thanks to your help. However, nothing happens after I click it. and then download. Ugh! Why in the world do they make it so hard to get your pics?!

So let me see if I got this figured out. My son and I are going to Disney mid-August for a week. We are not Florida residents, nor do we have annual passes. We are on a free dining package deal with 7-day park hoppers. I also pre-purchased the Memory Maker option.

My daughter is a Florida resident, and she recently purchased her annual pass. So she gets Memory Maker included in her annual pass for free? She will NOT be joining us on our trip.

So if she adds us both via the Family & Friend link, we can use her Memory Maker? And I can cancel mine? Who can view and download the pictures? Just my daughter since she owns the Memory Maker? Or can we also view and download pictures?

I'm not trying to cheat the system. Just trying to see if I can save some money? And re-direct it towards MNSSHP? Thanks!
Yes, if you and your son connect to your daughter through MDE Family and Friends, you can use her Memory Maker. You and your son will be able to see your photos, but they will have a water mark on them. Your daughter will be able to view them without the water mark, and download them.

Thank you! I spotted that little check box thanks to your help. However, nothing happens after I click it. and then download. Ugh! Why in the world do they make it so hard to get your pics?!
The MDE website is notoriously glitchy. Perhaps try a different web browser, or an incognito / private tab. For some reason, they often work better with MDE.

Yes, if you and your son connect to your daughter through MDE Family and Friends, you can use her Memory Maker. You and your son will be able to see your photos, but they will have a water mark on them. Your daughter will be able to view them without the water mark, and download them.
@Tomh Thanks very much for the conformation.

FYI for anyone searching. If you cannot manage to dow load your pics deselect your Tinkerbell pics and then try. We called in today after having absolutely no luck. First question from the Photopass helpline was 'Do you have any pics with Tinkerbell?` We were advised to deselect the Tinkerbell photos. Sure enough it worked. After downloading all of the others we were able to download juat the few Tink pics.

I know of the great photo pass studio in Disney Springs that’s included with memory maker. Are there any other parks that offer this type of studio/portrait experience included? I saw there was a studio listed in MK but wasn’t sure it was similar to the Disney Springs one.

I just downloaded our photos and..... what a mess. They have file random file names so when I extract them from my download file, they're a jumbled mess. Was there a better way to do this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!