Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

Does anybody have recent experience of the official Memory Maker photo books? Normally I download the photos and add them to a generic book from another supplier but this year I fancied having a Mickey branded one.

Does anybody have recent experience of the official Memory Maker photo books? Normally I download the photos and add them to a generic book from another supplier but this year I fancied having a Mickey branded one.
That is a great question, and I honestly am looking forward to someone chiming in with their experience. I have never purchased one from Disney either.

Can someone please refresh my memory? We are Gold Annual pass holders. I do know that memory maker is included. I am wondering if I need to purchase another photo package for MNSSHP. It has been quite a while since we attended a special party event. I vaguely remember adding a photopass number to my memory maker to attach the party pictures. Do the photos still work that way or is there a new way of doing thing! Thanks for your help!

Can someone please refresh my memory? We are Gold Annual pass holders. I do know that memory maker is included. I am wondering if I need to purchase another photo package for MNSSHP. It has been quite a while since we attended a special party event. I vaguely remember adding a photopass number to my memory maker to attach the party pictures. Do the photos still work that way or is there a new way of doing thing! Thanks for your help!
Nope, no need to purchase anything else for MNSSHP. All of your party photos will be included in the Memory Maker you get as part of your AP. Years ago, they handed out Photopass cards that had a special Halloween party design on them. If you had that card scanned when you got your photos taken, then you would have to enter the id number from that card into your photopass account in order to get the photos. If they still hand those cards out, and you use the card instead of your magic band, then you would still need to log into your photopass account, and enter the card number to get those photos, but you won't need to buy anything extra, you just need to connect that card to your account. It is easier to just use your magic bands to collect all of your photos, that way they are automatically linked to your account.

Nope, no need to purchase anything else for MNSSHP. All of your party photos will be included in the Memory Maker you get as part of your AP. Years ago, they handed out Photopass cards that had a special Halloween party design on them. If you had that card scanned when you got your photos taken, then you would have to enter the id number from that card into your photopass account in order to get the photos. If they still hand those cards out, and you use the card instead of your magic band, then you would still need to log into your photopass account, and enter the card number to get those photos, but you won't need to buy anything extra, you just need to connect that card to your account. It is easier to just use your magic bands to collect all of your photos, that way they are automatically linked to your account.

Thank you!

I just downloaded our photos and..... what a mess. They have file random file names so when I extract them from my download file, they're a jumbled mess. Was there a better way to do this?

I've gotten the MM the last couple of years and have always had to call and ask for more time because I just can't get them downloaded correctly. I just thought it was me!

Last year I ended up just ordering the CDs since I was so frustrated. I love that I get all of the pictures and that I actually get to be in the pictures, so I'll be doing the same again this year. Guess Disney knows that some of us will end up doing that :rolleyes:

Hi all,

Quick question regarding PhotoPass photographers :)

Do you know how late they stay in the parks? I want to get a few good pictures in the evening during Magic Kingdom Extra Magic Hours from 10pm til Midnight, after the fireworks. Will they be around this late?Are they available the whole time the park is open?

I'm specifically wondering about the Tangled rest area in MK, but I don't expect anyone to be able to give me an answer that specific!

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but my boyfriend has a badly sprained ankle and finally caved in and admitted he is going to need a scooter for our trip. I am wondering how it works with memory maker, do you just leave the scooter where they tell you to sit your backpacks down during the picture?

Just back from trip. Trying to download all selected media and keep getting pop up blocker message and it will not let me download all pic at once but will let me download one at a time.

I am using Chrome and went in settings and I can see pop up blocker has been disabled. Any suggestions?

Just back from trip. Trying to download all selected media and keep getting pop up blocker message and it will not let me download all pic at once but will let me download one at a time.

I am using Chrome and went in settings and I can see pop up blocker has been disabled. Any suggestions?
maybe try an incognito window?

Hi - leaving soon for our trip- I purchased Memory make and I see it in MDE.

Do I need to do something to activate it? When I purchased it I thought the CM said I did but I’m not sure.

I've gotten the MM the last couple of years and have always had to call and ask for more time because I just can't get them downloaded correctly. I just thought it was me!

Last year I ended up just ordering the CDs since I was so frustrated. I love that I get all of the pictures and that I actually get to be in the pictures, so I'll be doing the same again this year. Guess Disney knows that some of us will end up doing that :rolleyes:
I ordered the disk and have a question. When I bought the CD, the website said that "As a bonus, you’ll also receive a second DVD with over 400 high-resolution images enchanting scenes and locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort." I received my pictures on CD today and want to start making a photo book using the Disney photos, photos I took and the additional photos on this bonus disk if they are interesting.

Did you receive this disc in the past? I assumed it would come with my order. But, nope.

I ordered the disk and have a question. When I bought the CD, the website said that "As a bonus, you’ll also receive a second DVD with over 400 high-resolution images enchanting scenes and locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort." I received my pictures on CD today and want to start making a photo book using the Disney photos, photos I took and the additional photos on this bonus disk if they are interesting.

Did you receive this disc in the past? I assumed it would come with my order. But, nope.

Yes I did get both discs-might want to give them a call to see where it is.

Hi - leaving soon for our trip- I purchased Memory make and I see it in MDE.

Do I need to do something to activate it? When I purchased it I thought the CM said I did but I’m not sure.
I ordered mine early too and wasn't sure how it all worked. I kept my original purchase transaction number just in case. If its showing up in MDE, you should be okay.
As soon as we were on property, pictures began showing up in the section in MDE that says "Your Photos". I checked the first day to be sure. I scanned our MB on some rides anyway, just to be sure (or out of habit). When we got home, we were able to download the pictures from the Photopass website- but it was cumbersome, so I just ordered the archival disk.

Not sure if this is the correct thread to ask this...

Are the photopass boxes that were installed late last year still a thing? If so, is there a list of where they are located?

Last edited:
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but my boyfriend has a badly sprained ankle and finally caved in and admitted he is going to need a scooter for our trip. I am wondering how it works with memory maker, do you just leave the scooter where they tell you to sit your backpacks down during the picture?
When we used Photopass a few years ago, my DH and BIL used scooters. They parked the scooters nearby and walked to the photograph spot. Not an issue. My son cannot leave his wheelchair, and we just surrounded him as we do in photos at home. If your BF can’t crutch to take a photo, you can stand next to him and the scooter. I hope he can walk a bit or he will miss some rides!

When we used Photopass a few years ago, my DH and BIL used scooters. They parked the scooters nearby and walked to the photograph spot. Not an issue. My son cannot leave his wheelchair, and we just surrounded him as we do in photos at home. If your BF can’t crutch to take a photo, you can stand next to him and the scooter. I hope he can walk a bit or he will miss some rides!

Thank you. He can walk, but there is no way he is going to be able to handle "Disney walking." It's going to be an interesting trip for sure. Hopefully we can make the most of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!