Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

Our next upcoming trip is a different one for me, we are staying offsite and haven't purchased our tickets yet. Am I able to purchase MM through my MDE account and just add the tickets as we purchase them , and it will link to each day ? We are there for 2 weeks but only spending about 4 days in the parks.

I downloaded the photos from my recent trip. I put them all in one folder. The item count is 771, 43 of which are the zipped files I extracted the photos from. I want to verify that I successfully downloaded all of the photos in my account. However, I can't seem to find a total number of items in the My Disney Photos account.

Is there a total number of items listed somewhere?

So, first off, I just want to say sorry for not answering some of these questions quickly. I was away on vacation myself, and just got back. Now then, let's see what we can do for answers.

Hi all,

Quick question regarding PhotoPass photographers :)

Do you know how late they stay in the parks? I want to get a few good pictures in the evening during Magic Kingdom Extra Magic Hours from 10pm til Midnight, after the fireworks. Will they be around this late?Are they available the whole time the park is open?

I'm specifically wondering about the Tangled rest area in MK, but I don't expect anyone to be able to give me an answer that specific!

Indeed, I can not give an answer that specific, I've never looked for that particular photographer. I do know that at least at the exit areas of the park, photopass photographers are there until, and even after official park closing. So, along Main Street in the MK, in front of the Tree Of Life at AK, and near Spaceship Earth in Epcot there will be photographers until the crowds disperse.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but my boyfriend has a badly sprained ankle and finally caved in and admitted he is going to need a scooter for our trip. I am wondering how it works with memory maker, do you just leave the scooter where they tell you to sit your backpacks down during the picture?

Yes, you will be able to park the scooter near the photographer, and leave your backpacks there while you have your photos taken.

Just back from trip. Trying to download all selected media and keep getting pop up blocker message and it will not let me download all pic at once but will let me download one at a time.

I am using Chrome and went in settings and I can see pop up blocker has been disabled. Any suggestions?

I had a fight with my popup blocker in Chrome as well. I didn't turn it off though. In Chrome, I went to settings / advanced / Site Settings / Pop-ups and redirects and then clicked "Add" next to "Allow" and added disneyworld.disney.go.com/photopass/ to the allowed list. That worked for me.

If that doesn't work for you then my suggestions are 1) try and Incognito window in Chrome 2) try a different browser, such as firefox 3) if both of those fail, see if you can download on another computer.

Hi - leaving soon for our trip- I purchased Memory make and I see it in MDE.

Do I need to do something to activate it? When I purchased it I thought the CM said I did but I’m not sure.

No, there is nothing else you need to do. As long as you can see it in your MDE, it will become "activated" as soon as you have your first photo taken.

Not sure if this is the correct thread to ask this...

Are the photopass boxes that were installed late last year still a thing? If so, is there a list of where they are located?

Yes, there are still photo boxes at some meet and greets. Unfortunately, the ONLY information I've been able to find is that there are automated cameras in 9 locations.

Our next upcoming trip is a different one for me, we are staying offsite and haven't purchased our tickets yet. Am I able to purchase MM through my MDE account and just add the tickets as we purchase them , and it will link to each day ? We are there for 2 weeks but only spending about 4 days in the parks.

I am not entirely certain if you can purchase the Memory Maker prior to having a ticket, as I've never tried. A quick search of the internet didn't turn up any useful information either.

I downloaded the photos from my recent trip. I put them all in one folder. The item count is 771, 43 of which are the zipped files I extracted the photos from. I want to verify that I successfully downloaded all of the photos in my account. However, I can't seem to find a total number of items in the My Disney Photos account.

Is there a total number of items listed somewhere?

It used to be when you made your "download set" that it showed you how many photos there were. I don't see anyplace where it tells you the total number of photos anymore.

I incorrectly replied to an earlier post about photopass photos being all jumbled together in the zip files. Indeed, a year ago when I downloaded, there was some measure of organization to the zip files.

Yesterday, I downloaded all photos, which included photos from friends and family over the course of the last year since I had an AP. There was absolutely no rhyme or reason to what photos were in what zip files. They were a jumbled mess, and I had to go through every photo in every file to sort out what ones were old, what ones were friends and family, and what ones were actually ours, from this year. I wish they would go back to the old system. Organizing by park, or date, or something a bit more useful. Heck, I wish there was a way to select all photos from particular dates to download instead of either selecting everything, or selecting each photo manually. The website, as with pretty much every Disney web offering, leaves a lot to be desired.

I incorrectly replied to an earlier post about photopass photos being all jumbled together in the zip files. Indeed, a year ago when I downloaded, there was some measure of organization to the zip files.

Yesterday, I downloaded all photos, which included photos from friends and family over the course of the last year since I had an AP. There was absolutely no rhyme or reason to what photos were in what zip files. They were a jumbled mess, and I had to go through every photo in every file to sort out what ones were old, what ones were friends and family, and what ones were actually ours, from this year. I wish they would go back to the old system. Organizing by park, or date, or something a bit more useful. Heck, I wish there was a way to select all photos from particular dates to download instead of either selecting everything, or selecting each photo manually. The website, as with pretty much every Disney web offering, leaves a lot to be desired.

I noticed the randomness of the photos in my download as well. Fortunately for me, it was just one trip of photos. In the end, I unzipped all of the photos into one folder, and then sorted the photos by date. However, I still have to try to figure out if I did in fact download all of the photos. It is tedious. It is a very poorly designed website.

Thanks for answering my previous question.

I sorted through my photos today with the intention of deleting all of the duplicates. (my total went from 771 to 463 after I deleted all of the duplicates and photos that were not of my family) It is clear that I am missing lots of ride photos. Times when I know all 5 of us went on Buzz or Everest, but only one ride photo (with duplicates) is in the account. I have a number of photos of unknown people. Also, it seems that one of my kids bands stopped picking up ride photos part way through the trip.

I know I can call or email and ask them to look for photos, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. I did send an email asking them to track down our Kylo Ren photos. I was able to give them a 1/2 hour timeframe and the photo I took. They haven't been able to locate it yet. (6 days)

So that's disappointing, but what I'm most bummed about is Epcot. I was in Epcot on 3 separate days. I saw a photopass photographer near the international gateway with France as the background, in France with the portraits as a background, and one in China with the temple as the background over the course of the 3 days. I really wish they had one in every country.

I sorted through my photos today with the intention of deleting all of the duplicates. (my total went from 771 to 463 after I deleted all of the duplicates and photos that were not of my family) It is clear that I am missing lots of ride photos. Times when I know all 5 of us went on Buzz or Everest, but only one ride photo (with duplicates) is in the account. I have a number of photos of unknown people. Also, it seems that one of my kids bands stopped picking up ride photos part way through the trip.

I know I can call or email and ask them to look for photos, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. I did send an email asking them to track down our Kylo Ren photos. I was able to give them a 1/2 hour timeframe and the photo I took. They haven't been able to locate it yet. (6 days)

So that's disappointing, but what I'm most bummed about is Epcot. I was in Epcot on 3 separate days. I saw a photopass photographer near the international gateway with France as the background, in France with the portraits as a background, and one in China with the temple as the background over the course of the 3 days. I really wish they had one in every country.
You know, now that you mention it, I don't recall having seen many photopass photographers in World Showcase this year either, thought I honestly didn't spend a lot of time there. Last year, the wife and I got quite a few photos in the various countries of the World Showcase.

Can anyone help with a AP activation question? I am going to MNSSHP on 10/24 then leaving for a cruise the next morning. Returning 10/29. I have an AP that I will be activating. In order to get the benefit of the MM with the AP do I need to activate on 10/24? Or can I wait until 10/29 to activate and will all my photos from the 10/24 party then become unwatermarked? I’d love to save the 5 days if possible -never know if they will come in handy next year!

Can anyone help with a AP activation question? I am going to MNSSHP on 10/24 then leaving for a cruise the next morning. Returning 10/29. I have an AP that I will be activating. In order to get the benefit of the MM with the AP do I need to activate on 10/24? Or can I wait until 10/29 to activate and will all my photos from the 10/24 party then become unwatermarked? I’d love to save the 5 days if possible -never know if they will come in handy next year!

The first time I activated an AP that came with MM, every photo that we had taken in the last year loaded back into my PhotoPass account. So I think you’re safe to save those five days on your AP! Enjoy!

The first time I activated an AP that came with MM, every photo that we had taken in the last year loaded back into my PhotoPass account. So I think you’re safe to save those five days on your AP! Enjoy!

This was the same experience I had. I believe that any photos which are still active in your photopass account (that for sure would be any photo that is less than 45 days old) will be available for you to download when you activate your AP.

"Yes, there are still photo boxes at some meet and greets. Unfortunately, the ONLY information I've been able to find is that there are automated cameras in 9 locations."

I can answer this a little bit...we saw Tink (photo box) and Kylo Ren (non AAA MG since that was already closed) and Chewie which were both photo boxes. I'd have to assume that BB8 was also a photo box. So that is potentially 4 of the 9. I emailed Disney to let them know my displeasure at the photo boxes and got back a generic 'thank you for your feedback, we continually look to expand the experiences of our guests" or some such nonsense.

"Yes, there are still photo boxes at some meet and greets. Unfortunately, the ONLY information I've been able to find is that there are automated cameras in 9 locations."

I can answer this a little bit...we saw Tink (photo box) and Kylo Ren (non AAA MG since that was already closed) and Chewie which were both photo boxes. I'd have to assume that BB8 was also a photo box. So that is potentially 4 of the 9. I emailed Disney to let them know my displeasure at the photo boxes and got back a generic 'thank you for your feedback, we continually look to expand the experiences of our guests" or some such nonsense.
Thank you!

BB8 and the Launch Bay Visa meet and greet don't have the photo boxes.

BB8 and the Launch Bay Visa meet and greet don't have the photo boxes.
Thank you for sharing that information. As I learn more about what meet and greets have the photo boxes, I will update the first post in this thread to reflect that information.

I'm working on a Firefox addon to help deal with the random filename nonsense.

For me, my biggest problem is verifying that I have downloaded every picture (my first try generated errors, and downloaded only half the files). Still important to me are the issues with random file names and duplicate images. The random filename issue is actually a bit worse than I have seen mentioned here: if you download the same file twice, each has a different random name(!). IMO, a serious design issue is that you have to scroll down to get all the pictures on the page (which leaves room for missed pictures).

The good news is that Disney has a fair bit of hidden information (metadata). The PhotoPass gallery page has information on it, the links to the pictures do, and the digital download pictures themselves have information. It's seriously messy, but there is usually information there.

The general ideas for the program are [1] to display the photos from the PhotoPass page in a better way (not as visually appealing, but organized: sorted, often showing the ride name, pointing out duplicates, grouping photoshoot pictures from a single time/location together), [2] to let you match what you have downloaded to what the PhotoPass page shows (to see if you missed anything), and [3] to have the addon help rename files you have downloaded to more logical names. I've done much of #1, and am working on #2/#3.

I'm new to these forums (a long time lurker though), but thought I would check to see if others might be interested in this.

I'm working on a Firefox addon to help deal with the random filename nonsense.

For me, my biggest problem is verifying that I have downloaded every picture (my first try generated errors, and downloaded only half the files). Still important to me are the issues with random file names and duplicate images. The random filename issue is actually a bit worse than I have seen mentioned here: if you download the same file twice, each has a different random name(!). IMO, a serious design issue is that you have to scroll down to get all the pictures on the page (which leaves room for missed pictures).

The good news is that Disney has a fair bit of hidden information (metadata). The PhotoPass gallery page has information on it, the links to the pictures do, and the digital download pictures themselves have information. It's seriously messy, but there is usually information there.

The general ideas for the program are [1] to display the photos from the PhotoPass page in a better way (not as visually appealing, but organized: sorted, often showing the ride name, pointing out duplicates, grouping photoshoot pictures from a single time/location together), [2] to let you match what you have downloaded to what the PhotoPass page shows (to see if you missed anything), and [3] to have the addon help rename files you have downloaded to more logical names. I've done much of #1, and am working on #2/#3.

I'm new to these forums (a long time lurker though), but thought I would check to see if others might be interested in this.
I would be plenty interested in giving it a shot. The downloads this year were a mess. I was hoping for improvement from the new website, and, in a way, I guess it has improved. It is possible to select more than one photo without selecting them all to download now. If you click on "all visible" it does select EVERY photo, not just the ones you can see on your screen. I have verified this by downloading everything in my account, so even though it only says all visible, you will indeed get everything that way.

Unfortunately, with the good comes bad. It is only possible to delete photos one at a time. The borders and editing are completely gone, and alas, there is absolutely no organization to the way the photos are grouped together in the zip files, nor do the names do anything to help as far as knowing the date, time, or location the photo was taken. I had photos from this year, and last year all bunched together in the same zip file. Photos from 3 different parks, and 3 different days all in the same file. It was a mess.

Last edited:
I saw the post above about not getting many photos from Epcot. I'm torn about whether to get the pass in advance, or if I should plan to buy individual days. We're going to HS, Epcot, and MNSSHP, which has a $10 discount on the single day photo package. If Epcot doesn't have a ton of photographers, maybe it would be better to only use the photographers at HS and MNSSHP, and those two individual day photo sets would be cheaper than the pre-paid trip package. Thoughts?

I saw the post above about not getting many photos from Epcot. I'm torn about whether to get the pass in advance, or if I should plan to buy individual days. We're going to HS, Epcot, and MNSSHP, which has a $10 discount on the single day photo package. If Epcot doesn't have a ton of photographers, maybe it would be better to only use the photographers at HS and MNSSHP, and those two individual day photo sets would be cheaper than the pre-paid trip package. Thoughts?
This is one of those things you have to decide for yourself. It has been my experience that Epcot has photographers at the meet and greets, and then at the front entrance, just inside the gates (though this may not be so during the construction), between Spaceship Earth and the World Showcase, shooting back towards Spaceship Earth (Usually two photographers here) and then in the countries around World Showcase. It is easy to miss the photographers in World Showcase, and of course, if it is raining, they will not be out, but we have gotten some nice photos from around World Showcase over the years.

Is it not possible to pay for MM with a gift card? I’ve been transferred 4 times now trying to get MM for our trip last week (left today and was going to upgrade to AP but forgot to do it before my last day was used up). No one seems to be able to understand what I want to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!