Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

So my sister-in-law who we share all info with on MDE just recently purchased an AP. We let ours lapse after our last trip last year, so we've never not had one. If we do not purchase photopass, would my sister-in-law still be able to download all of our pictures for us without the watermark? We thought yes, but wanted to confirm.

We leave in 18 days, so if I have to get Photopass myself, I'd like to save the $30 at least.

Hi Tom - can you clarify something for me? I am familiar with the 30/45 day window, but a question has come up recently.

In the past, I thought that once you downloaded the first photo, you had 30 days to add new photos and to download them. This would mean that if I took a photo on day 1 and immediately downloaded it, that a photo taken on day 28 would only be able to be downloaded for 2 days (despite its individual expiration date being 45 days from when it was taken). Is this not the case? Was it ever the case or was I misunderstanding from the get go? Would I be able to download the photo taken on day 28 for the full 45 days (until it expires)?

So my sister-in-law who we share all info with on MDE just recently purchased an AP. We let ours lapse after our last trip last year, so we've never not had one. If we do not purchase photopass, would my sister-in-law still be able to download all of our pictures for us without the watermark? We thought yes, but wanted to confirm.

We leave in 18 days, so if I have to get Photopass myself, I'd like to save the $30 at least.

As long as you are all connected to her via MDE, and have made sure that the option to share PhotoPass photos is checked, yes, she will be able to view, and download all of your photos without the watermark.

Hi Tom - can you clarify something for me? I am familiar with the 30/45 day window, but a question has come up recently.

In the past, I thought that once you downloaded the first photo, you had 30 days to add new photos and to download them. This would mean that if I took a photo on day 1 and immediately downloaded it, that a photo taken on day 28 would only be able to be downloaded for 2 days (despite its individual expiration date being 45 days from when it was taken). Is this not the case? Was it ever the case or was I misunderstanding from the get go? Would I be able to download the photo taken on day 28 for the full 45 days (until it expires)?

This is not the case, and as far as I know, has never been the case. Any photo that you have taken while you have a valid Memory Maker entitlement will be available for you to download for the entire 45 days that the photo is on the server, even if the 30 day window for adding more photos to your Memory Maker has closed. So, in your example above, the photo taken on day 28 will be available for another 45 days for you to download.

I called up guest services about why I couldn't edit my photos anymore and she told me that you could only do that on apple devices. As I don't own any I took her word for it. But, reading this it sounds like that isn't true.

I am an annual passholder. I can see my photos but I can’t figure out how to download them. I would appreciate help to download my pictures.

I called up guest services about why I couldn't edit my photos anymore and she told me that you could only do that on apple devices. As I don't own any I took her word for it. But, reading this it sounds like that isn't true.
The CM was correct. You can only edit photos using the MDE mobile app on an Apple device.

I am an annual passholder. I can see my photos but I can’t figure out how to download them. I would appreciate help to download my pictures.
If you are using the MDE app on a phone, you can open up any individual photo, and towards the bottom of your screen you should have the option to save, or share the photo.

On the website, under MyDisneyExperience click on My Photos, then hover over any of the photos, and then move your pointer to the check mark circle that appears in the upper right hand corner of the photo. Click on the check, and from there, you can either select as many individual photos as you want, OR you can click in the check box for "Select all visible media" which ironically, will select ALL of your photos, NOT just the ones that are visible on the screen. Now, click on download, and you are set.

She did say it was not available on android devices, but, I take it you can't do it on PCs and non Apple laptops either.
No editing is available either through the Android MDE app, or on the website. In the first post, I cover this, and suggest using windows photo editor, or GIMP which is a free photo editing software package similar to Adobe Photoshop.

I am going with my kids cross country team in a few weeks, so I am on a package with the group. I also have an AP, but will not be using it to enter parks (I will use magic band associated with our group package). Will my personal magic band still be able to be used for photo passes and ride photos, if I also wear it, but don't use it to scan in the park? I'm trying to make this as easy as possible without having to connect my account with the large group. Or will my magic band only work if I actually use it to enter the park? (I will not be using my account for room, fastpasses, etc, just curious about the photos). Thanks in advance.

I am going with my kids cross country team in a few weeks, so I am on a package with the group. I also have an AP, but will not be using it to enter parks (I will use magic band associated with our group package). Will my personal magic band still be able to be used for photo passes and ride photos, if I also wear it, but don't use it to scan in the park? I'm trying to make this as easy as possible without having to connect my account with the large group. Or will my magic band only work if I actually use it to enter the park? (I will not be using my account for room, fastpasses, etc, just curious about the photos). Thanks in advance.
Your band should work regardless, and if you associate the MB from the group with your MDE, that should work for your photos as well.

Your band should work regardless, and if you associate the MB from the group with your MDE, that should work for your photos as well.

For my knowledge bank, would linking the group MB with their MDE mean they needed to prioritize the group park ticket to be used instead of their other ticket? In this case it’s an AP, so I guess it doesn’t matter, but if they had a regular park ticket they planned to use on a later trip, would it make a difference?

For my knowledge bank, would linking the group MB with their MDE mean they needed to prioritize the group park ticket to be used instead of their other ticket? In this case it’s an AP, so I guess it doesn’t matter, but if they had a regular park ticket they planned to use on a later trip, would it make a difference?
Yes, if you had multiple ticket media, and they were not date limited, then it would be necessary to prioritize one over the other. In this particular situation, with an AP, it really wouldn't matter if they used their AP to get into the park.

I have some friends going to WDW 9/26-9/29 for the first time. We just went 8/25 - 9/1 and purchased MM but we have not downloaded any pictures yet. After their trip, if there are some pictures that they decide they want, can we link in MDE at that point and I download their pictures? Or do we need to set up everything before their trip? Thank you.

I have some friends going to WDW 9/26-9/29 for the first time. We just went 8/25 - 9/1 and purchased MM but we have not downloaded any pictures yet. After their trip, if there are some pictures that they decide they want, can we link in MDE at that point and I download their pictures? Or do we need to set up everything before their trip? Thank you.
Hmm . .. gotta whip out the calendar and do some counting here :) So, your first photos were taken on August 25th. The last day they will be available to download is October 9th. Your friends will have their last photos taken on September 29th. This all works fine. Their entire trip will be covered by your Memory Maker. You COULD download all of your photos now, that would give you 30 more days to add photos to your Memory Maker, which would more than cover their trip which will be over in 9 days. Alternately, you could wait until their trip is done, and then download everything before the 9th of October.

Either way, I would go ahead and connect with them all via MDE now, and simply download everything and let them decide if they want to keep any of it.

Just got back from 8 days at WDW. We always get a MM and take full advantage of it.
Downloaded all of my photos/videos in the horribly named zip files.
Once I extracted all of the photos from the zip file, I changed my view in Windows Explorer from "icons" to "details" . I was excited to see that all of the photos had their correct dates so it was easy to sort them by date.

We did end up with lots of pictures of other people, and more BAD photos than we have had in the past. Very Very sad. I do like that they are adding many custom borders, but I REALLY loved being able to edit the photos and then add borders. I would reduce the 'strangers' in the ride photos esp. to focus on just us.

Part of our party is staying offsite and will not have Magic Bands. They intend to use the passcard given to them when they enter the park for the first time. We've been multiple times and have a small collection of older bands from previous trips that are still associated with our accounts. We will all be in the same parks everyday, but there will be times when they ride different attractions than we do since they have a little one in their party.

Is it ok to lend them one of our older bands for them to wear for the sole purpose of having the RFID detect them for pictures? I know there are some rides that will not/cannot be saved without the riders wearing their bands. We would be wearing our new ones on the same day as well.

Part of our party is staying offsite and will not have Magic Bands. They intend to use the passcard given to them when they enter the park for the first time. We've been multiple times and have a small collection of older bands from previous trips that are still associated with our accounts. We will all be in the same parks everyday, but there will be times when they ride different attractions than we do since they have a little one in their party.

Is it ok to lend them one of our older bands for them to wear for the sole purpose of having the RFID detect them for pictures? I know there are some rides that will not/cannot be saved without the riders wearing their bands. We would be wearing our new ones on the same day as well.
Yes, it is ok for them to use your old bands for the purpose of collecting photopass photos. The only warning I have is that if the bands are more than a year or two old, there is a good possibility that the long range readers will not pick them up, and so you might not get all of your ride photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!