Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

Planning to go in Feb. and get the Memory Maker but just learned that there is no more editing and borders. I don't understand this decision by Disney. Now I'm wondering if it's really worth it since I don't have an apple phone so I can't edit the pics or add borders. So, I'm basically just paying to be in the photos with my family. I might as well just hand them my camera. The only problem is that I can't do that with ride photos, but I guess I can buy them individually. Really don't understand how Photopass has gotten worse over the years as Disney gets more expensive. Very disappointing.

Thanks for all the info!

I have PhotoPass / Memory Maker. My trip is over and I want to download my pictures.

If I download an individual picture on my phone, it puts it at today’s date, not at the date taken. If I download all from a computer, will the pictures keep their « date taken » information?

Thanks for all the info!

I have PhotoPass / Memory Maker. My trip is over and I want to download my pictures.

If I download an individual picture on my phone, it puts it at today’s date, not at the date taken. If I download all from a computer, will the pictures keep their « date taken » information?

So, I had to go and look at some of my photopass photos to figure out the answer lol. On the computer, the date I see for the file is indeed the date that the photo was taken.

I have a disneyland AP with the maxpass/free photopass downloads included. Will I be able to get my WDW photos on my photopass account since it's all the same disney experience ID?

I have a disneyland AP with the maxpass/free photopass downloads included. Will I be able to get my WDW photos on my photopass account since it's all the same disney experience ID?

To be completely honest, I'm not sure. I did a bit of searching on the internet, but didn't readily find an answer. My suspicion is that they will be two different products, and you will have to get the Disney World Memory Maker separately, but that is little more than a guess on my part. I would say contact the PhotoPass people at Disney World. I would imagine that they would know best. PhotoPass guest support can be reached at 407 560 4300

No. They are two separate sites. I just logged on to the Disneyland PhotoPass site and none of my WDW pictures appear.

No. They are two separate sites. I just logged on to the Disneyland PhotoPass site and none of my WDW pictures appear.
We have WDW APs, and when we visited Disneyland in 2016 and 2019 we had to pay for the Disneyland PhotoPass separately. As Michael said, they're two different sites. Sorry!

Hi - Just trying to clarify something I read - I believe in another thread on here. For ride photos, can you always scan your card after the ride to "collect" the photo, or do some strictly require a MagicBand? I thought I read somewhere that some rides required a MagicBand if you wanted the photos. Thanks!

I have a WDW AP and I understand Photopass is free with it. Does this mean that any photo's taken with photopass photographer's or the new photopass photo boxes will upload to my account and that I can download and print them at no extra cost? I haven't used this service for a long long time, so just want to make sure I know what my options are.

TIA,
Dee

Hi - Just trying to clarify something I read - I believe in another thread on here. For ride photos, can you always scan your card after the ride to "collect" the photo, or do some strictly require a MagicBand? I thought I read somewhere that some rides required a MagicBand if you wanted the photos. Thanks!

There’s now only a small number of rides that there’s a touchpoint at the end. More and more they’re adding photos to rides that are relying on the long distance received in the bands. So you would for sure miss SDMT, POTC, Slinky, ToT, HM. Those are just off the top of my head. At least 2 of those also have videos.

There are only a handful of rides where you can scan a card to claim your photo. I know that Test Track in Epcot does, and Buzz Lightyear in MK does. I can't readily recall any others where you can claim your photo without a MB

I have a WDW AP and I understand Photopass is free with it. Does this mean that any photo's taken with photopass photographer's or the new photopass photo boxes will upload to my account and that I can download and print them at no extra cost? I haven't used this service for a long long time, so just want to make sure I know what my options are.

TIA,
Dee

Yes, if you have an AP, you can download and print any photos taken by photographers, some (though I don't think all) photo booths, and all of your ride photos and videos at no additional cost.

Thank you @chelynnah and @Tomh. We're staying offsite but planning to get Magicbands. Also helping a friend with little tips and tricks for their first trip (offiste) and will definitely let her know this too as I know she was talking about getting Memory Maker.

Is there a list anywhere of photopass boxes and photographer locations that I can look at? We're doing a family trip soon and since I have the AP, I want as many pictures as I can get! It's my granddaughters first trip :)

Oh, also, we're doing the character breakfast at the Y&BC one morning. Is there a photopass photographer or box available there?

TIA,
Dee

Is there a list anywhere of photopass boxes and photographer locations that I can look at? We're doing a family trip soon and since I have the AP, I want as many pictures as I can get! It's my granddaughters first trip :)

Oh, also, we're doing the character breakfast at the Y&BC one morning. Is there a photopass photographer or box available there?

TIA,
Dee

When I say photo booth, I am referring to a little booth you sit in either by yourself, or with a friend / family member, and get an automated photo. If you are talking about the automated photo machines they put in some of the character meet and greets, then that is a different thing, and I will try to answer both separately.

Photo Booths: These tend to get moved around, so you may have to look, and / or ask. I found a reference to them being located in the area of Space Mountain in MK (and I have used that one, though I believe it was in 2018), the Boardwalk area at Boardwalk Inn, AK in Dinoland near the Primeval Whirl exit ramp, Hollywood Studios near the Muppet area (though after all of the construction in that area for Star Wars, it may be gone, or relocated), and most of the resort hotels in their arcade area (though these often require tokens / arcade cards to operate as opposed to the park ones that just work on the MB).

As for character meet and greets with photo boxes, the most recent information I can find was posted on attractionsmagazine.com on September 19, 2019, and claimed that there were photo boxes at the Chewbacca and Darth Vader meet and greet at Hollywood Studios, and the Mickey and Minnie meet and greet, and the Tinkerbell meet and greet in Magic Kingdom. It also said that the photo boxes had been installed at the Princess Fairytale Hall in Fantasyland in Magic Kingdom, but had not been put into use yet.

Character meet and greets:

MK meet and greet locations https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney...acter-meet-and-greet-guide-the-magic-kingdom/

Epcot meet and greet locations https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-world/walt-disney-world-character-meet-and-greet-guide-epcot/

Hollywood Studios meet and greet locations https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney...et-and-greet-guide-disneys-hollywood-studios/

Animal Kingdom meet and greet locations https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney...-meet-and-greet-guide-disneys-animal-kingdom/

And just for good measure, a fantastic thread by our own DIS boards poster, and sometimes visitor to my Photopass thread, @FoxC63, the Magic Shots - Current Listings thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/magic-shots-current-listings.3619546/ Lots of great information in this thread, I highly recommend checking it out!

Thank you @chelynnah and @Tomh. We're staying offsite but planning to get Magicbands. Also helping a friend with little tips and tricks for their first trip (offiste) and will definitely let her know this too as I know she was talking about getting Memory Maker.

Glad I could help. I'll go ahead and answer the question not asked, yes. If your friend, and each member of her travelling party are connected to you through MDE with the check box for sharing PhotoPass photos checked, you will be able to see, and download all of their photos as well as your own.

Glad I could help. I'll go ahead and answer the question not asked, yes. If your friend, and each member of her travelling party are connected to you through MDE with the check box for sharing PhotoPass photos checked, you will be able to see, and download all of their photos as well as your own.

Thanks for that. I was actually planning to do a bit of research into sharing Memory Maker this morning. We aren't travelling together and actually just figured out this week that they are going just ahead of our trip - they fly home the day we fly to fly to Florida. (They've been to CA a few times but never WDW and I've been to WDW many times so helping her a bit because they didn't even have tickets bought as of this week and their trip is Feb 15th!). Any thoughts on sharing Memory Maker in this case? I'm not sure if it would be more hassle than the cost difference.

Hi, I was trying to purchase memory maker from the MDE app for our trip in March. We are staying off-site and doing 2 park days and VAH. I could only see the memory maker at 199$. I thought it was supposed to be 169$?

If its 199$, and I'm only there for 3 days, wouldn't it be better if I just bought all photos per day at 59$ ?

Thank you!

Isabelle

Thanks for that. I was actually planning to do a bit of research into sharing Memory Maker this morning. We aren't travelling together and actually just figured out this week that they are going just ahead of our trip - they fly home the day we fly to fly to Florida. (They've been to CA a few times but never WDW and I've been to WDW many times so helping her a bit because they didn't even have tickets bought as of this week and their trip is Feb 15th!). Any thoughts on sharing Memory Maker in this case? I'm not sure if it would be more hassle than the cost difference.

Glad I was able to help. It will still work, even though you won't be there at the same time. As long as you get everyone in her group connected to you via MDE friends and family. That really is the only bit that takes any work.

Hi, I was trying to purchase memory maker from the MDE app for our trip in March. We are staying off-site and doing 2 park days and VAH. I could only see the memory maker at 199$. I thought it was supposed to be 169$?

If its 199$, and I'm only there for 3 days, wouldn't it be better if I just bought all photos per day at 59$ ?

Thank you!

Isabelle

You could purchase your three days through the app separately for (I believe) $69 each through the app, or you could purchase the Memory Maker online through the website for the advance purchase price of $169 https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/memory-maker/

I don't have a list, but did notice that the park maps have symbols on them for both character meet & greet spots as well as places where Photopass photographers are stationed throughout the park. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!