Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see they have pirates "dead man tell no tales" magic bands, can you only get them at WDW?

We are planning a big family vacation and I have a question about MagicBands. Our group will consist of 4 families of 4 and then Grandma and Grandpa, so there will be 18 of us. We are looking to get 2 camp sites at Fort Wilderness so all 18 of us will get MagicBands. The reservation will only be in my name with all other family members listed. I don’t want to be responsible for managing everyone’s ADR’s, FP+’s and tickets. Will I be able to have each family of 4 manage their own ADR’s, FP+’s and tickets linked with MagicBands that will be tied to my reservation for the camp site? If I understand what I have read over this thread, if each family of 4 has their own MDE account, they should be able to link their MagicBands to manage all of their stuff?

Thanks!

We are planning a big family vacation and I have a question about MagicBands. Our group will consist of 4 families of 4 and then Grandma and Grandpa, so there will be 18 of us. We are looking to get 2 camp sites at Fort Wilderness so all 18 of us will get MagicBands. The reservation will only be in my name with all other family members listed. I don’t want to be responsible for managing everyone’s ADR’s, FP+’s and tickets. Will I be able to have each family of 4 manage their own ADR’s, FP+’s and tickets linked with MagicBands that will be tied to my reservation for the camp site? If I understand what I have read over this thread, if each family of 4 has their own MDE account, they should be able to link their MagicBands to manage all of their stuff?

Thanks!
IMHO, each family unit should have their own MDE account. In order to make any plans together or be listed on the same resort reservation, you will need to link the MDE accounts together. It's best to have all of the MDE accounts created and linked to the other families prior to making any plans (room, ADRs, etc.).

Step 1: One adult from each family creates an MDE account and then adds their immediate family (spouse/partner and any children) as managed profiles.
As for the grandparents, they can have their own MDE account or one of the other families can manage their profiles.

Step 2: This step should be done one family at a time. Family A should add profiles for the other adults (B, C, and D) that created MDE accounts and enter the email address they used to connect with them. Those adults need to log on to MDE and accept the invite. Linking is a two way street, so if A invites B, A will be added to B's Family & Friends list once the invite is accepted. The next family (B) should then an entry for the primary adults not yet in their Family & Friends list and enter their email address to connect. Repeat this until all primary MDE account see all of the other primary MDE accounts.

Step 3: Connect with managed profiles from the other MDE accounts. When you select 'Add a Guest' on the MDE website, the default option is to display a list of people you may know. This will include profiles managed by your connected friends. Simply select each profile you want to connect with and click 'Done'. An invite will be sent to the primary profile that manages the individual to approve the request.

Due to a short one night stay, we're supposedly getting a second set of MBs and after seeing pics here, thought the idea of swapping out the pucks from the bands and making them more colorful looked fun.

Well DH said he read the screws are a REAL pain to unscrew and rescrew and are very tiny and he has e me nervous to even think about doing it now - but DD wants me to. So for those that have done it, is it really that difficult?

Due to a short one night stay, we're supposedly getting a second set of MBs and after seeing pics here, thought the idea of swapping out the pucks from the bands and making them more colorful looked fun.

Well DH said he read the screws are a REAL pain to unscrew and rescrew and are very tiny and he has e me nervous to even think about doing it now - but DD wants me to. So for those that have done it, is it really that difficult?

Other than being a 'real' pain - nothing to stop you!! :)

Other than being a 'real' pain - nothing to stop you!! :)

My concern is not being able to get the screw back in or losing it because its so small, which is why I was wondering from those that have done it how hard it really is/how small the screw is.

I've taken the puck out of one of my MB's and yes, the screws are really tiny. However, its about a 2 minute job even with fumble fingers.

Tip for not losing the screw: on a large, empty, flat work surface place a towel down and work in the middle of the towel. The towel will keep the screw from bouncing away if you should happen to drop it.

I've taken the puck out of one of my MB's and yes, the screws are really tiny. However, its about a 2 minute job even with fumble fingers.

Tip for not losing the screw: on a large, empty, flat work surface place a towel down and work in the middle of the towel. The towel will keep the screw from bouncing away if you should happen to drop it.

Ohhh great tip, thank you! :)

This!

I found the hardest part with remove the icon was the plastic ring that doesn't always want to come out or go back in. It's really not that hard though, just take your time.

Sorry if this has been asked before but I could not find if it has been answered. I have purchased magic bands and tickets prior to our trip later this month. I was able to link my tickets and magic bands online but when I go to the app it says I have no tickets or magic bands linked. When I attempt to link them to the app it says they are already linked to another account. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Just a heads up about fastpasses. this is not specific to a magicband so I'm not changing post 1 and there is a fastpass thread just about fastpasses. I thought it was worth posting since many confuse magicbands, tickets and fastpasses as if they are the same thing...

Today or tomorrow (June 5 or 6 2017) disney is going to flip on the fastpass validation system. Basically this system will not allow a fastpass to be used unless you also used a ticket to get into the park on the same day. If caught, it will automatically lock your MDE account so you can no longer use the fastpass system. I would assume that lock would last a lifetime and not just your trip.

It's also going to close the loophole where you can use an expired ticket at a kiosk to get more fastpasses for that ticket.

Please note, this is for fastpasses made against a ticket that was not used to enter the park that day.

EDIT: see the fastpass thread for more details as this is not a magicband issue.

Last edited:
Quick question, not sure if it has already been answered somewhere. For room purchases, is it possible to set different PINs on each of the bands that can purchase, or is it just one PIN for the entire room?

Just a heads up about fastpasses. this is not specific to a magicband so I'm not changing post 1 and there is a fastpass thread just about fastpasses. I thought it was worth posting since many confuse magicbands, tickets and fastpasses as if they are the same thing...

Today or tomorrow (June 5 or 6 2017) disney is going to flip on the fastpass validation system. Basically this system will not allow a fastpass to be used unless you also used a ticket to get into the park on the same day. If caught, it will automatically lock your MDE account so you can no longer use the fastpass system. I would assume that lock would last a lifetime and not just your trip.

It's also going to close the loophole where you can use an expired ticket at a kiosk to get more fastpasses for that ticket.

Please note, this is for fastpasses made against a ticket that was not used to enter the park that day.
Brian, if the MDE account/Profile is locked, a guest can visit Guest Relations or call a specific Guest Communications # to have their account unlocked.

So, swapping MBs and using pre-booked FPs that belong to a family member, who decided to have a spa day rather than enter the park that day, will result in a "lock."

What is unknown at this time is if the "lock" goes on a specific Profile or the MDE account as a whole.

Brian, if the MDE account/Profile is locked, a guest can visit Guest Relations or call a specific Guest Communications # to have their account unlocked.

So, swapping MBs and using pre-booked FPs that belong to a family member, who decided to have a spa day rather than enter the park that day, will result in a "lock."

What is unknown at this time is if the "lock" goes on a specific Profile or the MDE account as a whole.

I don't think anything I said was incorrect and we don't really need a discussion about fastpasses in the magicband thread. The details will come out and I'm just giving a general warning that if you use a fastpass with a ticket that wasn't used to get into the park somethign will now happen.

I did add a see the fastpass thread if you need more information though.

I don't think anything I said was incorrect and we don't really need a discussion about fastpasses in the magicband thread. The details will come out and I'm just giving a general warning that if you use a fastpass with a ticket that wasn't used to get into the park somethign will now happen.

I did add a see the fastpass thread if you need more information though.
I was just clarifying that it isn't a lifetime lock especially for someone who swapped MBs not knowing there will be consequences.

Sorry if this has been asked before but I could not find if it has been answered. I have purchased magic bands and tickets prior to our trip later this month. I was able to link my tickets and magic bands online but when I go to the app it says I have no tickets or magic bands linked. When I attempt to link them to the app it says they are already linked to another account. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Are you logged into the app with the same email and password?

Quick question, not sure if it has already been answered somewhere. For room purchases, is it possible to set different PINs on each of the bands that can purchase, or is it just one PIN for the entire room?
Yes, you can do this at the front desk or in MDE. You can also set limits for each band at the front desk, and assign different credit cards as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter