Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If using an old MB, what's the "easiest" way to determine if the battery is working? I would guess riding a ride with a photo and not tapping to collect it, then seeing if it shows up in your photos? Is there any other way?

If using an old MB, what's the "easiest" way to determine if the battery is working? I would guess riding a ride with a photo and not tapping to collect it, then seeing if it shows up in your photos?
Pretty much.

Is there any other way?
Some attraction queues have interactive elements, but those may not happen for you even with a fully functional MagicBand.

Do I get MagicBand for room only reservation? I just activated AP and see that I can customize AP MagicBand. I also make room only ressie from BB during last trip. Should I expect to get 2 MagicBand?

Do I get MagicBand for room only reservation?
Yes. Any reservation at a Disney owned & operated resort is eligible for free MagicBands. If you've already made the room reservation and it's not already linked to your MDE account, you can link it manually and the MagicBand customization option should appear.

Yes. Any reservation at a Disney owned & operated resort is eligible for free MagicBands. If you've already made the room reservation and it's not already linked to your MDE account, you can link it manually and the MagicBand customization option should appear.

It's already linked to my MDE, but I only see one MB to customize for the AP.

soooo...Am I reading this right? MB can't be transferred to another persons name on my MDE once they have a name attached?

Sorry if I missed this but we have magic bands from last year, this year we are staying off property, can I use last years bands for our tickets and if so how do I connect our tickets to them?

Sorry if I missed this but we have magic bands from last year, this year we are staying off property, can I use last years bands for our tickets and if so how do I connect our tickets to them?
Yes. You just need to link the tickets to your existing MDE account.

I did a quick search and didn't find the answer, but I'm sorry if I missed it! Are bands delivered through USPS or a shipping partner? We still haven't told the kids yet about our trip next month. With them being home for the summer I am worried the bands will be delivered to the door while DH and I are at work. Is the packaging they come in plain, or is it obviously from Disney? Thanks in advance! The last day to customize was yesterday so I am hoping they will be shipping soon and I will receive an email.

I did a quick search and didn't find the answer, but I'm sorry if I missed it! Are bands delivered through USPS or a shipping partner? We still haven't told the kids yet about our trip next month. With them being home for the summer I am worried the bands will be delivered to the door while DH and I are at work. Is the packaging they come in plain, or is it obviously from Disney? Thanks in advance! The last day to customize was yesterday so I am hoping they will be shipping soon and I will receive an email.
USPS. The package itself is plain, but (IIRC) the label indicates it's from Disney.

Sorry but I have a question that's probably been asked before....can you interchange sliders from phase 1 to phase 2? I have a Minnie watch slider I would like to use on my new band but I'm not sure if I can! Thank you!

Sorry but I have a question that's probably been asked before....can you interchange sliders from phase 1 to phase 2? I have a Minnie watch slider I would like to use on my new band but I'm not sure if I can! Thank you!
Sliders will fit both MB1 & MB2.

When you get your magicbands at your Disney resort (we live in Canada), do they just give you your Magicbands or do they also give the cute color luggage tags that match with our magicbands ? (My son really wants one)

I want to buy a limited edition magicband2. If I buy it and the battery wears out and I have to replace the middle will the special sound still work at the fastpass machines? I'm thinking it won't and given it's been out awhile I'm not so sure how long the battery life on it will be. I don't have another trip planned until next year, but I'm in love with the band and sound it does. Just trying to decide if I should buy it or not. Thanks!

Hello fellow peeps! I have a question regarding the new bands and Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom.

In 2012 we played the game. 2013 we were given MB the CM was able to transfer our 2012 information and we played from where we left off, which was fantastic! In 2014 we declined the MB with new resort reservation. We were able to play again from where we left off (2013). In 2015 we went to Tokyo Disney, 2016 cancelled our trip which brings us to present 2017.
I called IT to see if the SotMK information could be transferred to our new 2.0 bands we'll be getting with our resort stay or should I just bring the old band from 2013 and he couldn't find the information on our old bands. :mad: I thought the (2013) 1.0 MB held memory and could be transferred to our new 2.0 bands. Is my 2013 band too old? It's still listed as "active" on our account.

Is this normal? How long does the game stay in your MB? Should I bring the old bands anyway? I will add we received an email from Disney back in 2013 "Congratulations you have been chosen to participate in the new MB program" - if that matters.

Hello fellow peeps! I have a question regarding the new bands and Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom.

In 2012 we played the game. 2013 we were given MB the CM was able to transfer our 2012 information and we played from where we left off, which was fantastic! In 2014 we declined the MB with new resort reservation. We were able to play again from where we left off (2013). In 2015 we went to Tokyo Disney, 2016 cancelled our trip which brings us to present 2017.
I called IT to see if the SotMK information could be transferred to our new 2.0 bands we'll be getting with our resort stay or should I just bring the old band from 2013 and he couldn't find the information on our old bands. :mad: I thought the (2013) 1.0 MB held memory and could be transferred to our new 2.0 bands. Is my 2013 band too old? It's still listed as "active" on our account.

Is this normal? How long does the game stay in your MB? Should I bring the old bands anyway? I will add we received an email from Disney back in 2013 "Congratulations you have been chosen to participate in the new MB program" - if that matters.
The more pertinent answer is that nothing is ever transferred to any Magic Band.
There is no game info at all on your old MBs.
Everything that you can access via your MB is stored in your MyDisneyExperience account.
You can continue to use your old MBs or get new ones. All will work for any touch-point use at the parks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter