ewr-mco fares just went up! oh-no

Barringer75

Mouseketeer
I've been monitoring flights for our early June trip hoping fares would go down, but they have gone up $10-15 pp. Based on your experience should I hold out to see if they will (ever) go down or should I book now before they go up again?? Thanks

What airline & what price are they at? I've been monitoring prices out of EWR & LGA for our May, Aug & Nov. trips. LGA is $100.00 per ticket cheaper for Memorial Day weekend & my towncar company will only charge an additional $60.00; so, on four tickets, I come out $340.00 ahead by going out of LGA. It's cheaper for our other two trips too! I can Delta in Aug. from LGA for $179.00 RT per ticket. However, I'm an optimist, and still waiting for prices to drop. Last year they came down in Feb & I booked around the 2nd-3rd week of the month.

I was looking at Delta & Continental since they are the only non-stops out of Newark. LGA & JFK always seem to have lower fares! Yet we are only 15 minutes from EWR, so I've been spoiled. Will have to keep looking....

My experience with airfares from JFK, LGA or EWR to MCO is that they go up and keep on going! Now mind you, I usually travel to Orlando during spring break when the airfare is higher anyway, perhaps that makes a difference.

I started checking airfare for my april trip in October. At that time I could have gotten a non-stop am departure early evening return for about $180.00 I waited until after Xmas and the same flights were $220.00 I checked today and the same flights are 375.00 (I got them for the $220.00).

So I guess it depends on what time of the year you're going. I usually think of a ball park figure that I'd like to pay and if I see something that comes close to that, I jump on it.

Good luck!!

:D Cara :D

There's still plenty of time if your trip is in June. Airfares bounce up and down all the time. Don't be too concerned about an upward jog in the price. It will almost certainly go down, then up, then down and up a few more times between now and June. The economy is still in the dumps, so I don't expect any price increases to last very long.

Hey Barringer!
I gave up and booked Delta for $211.00 but had to pay $231.00 for the third member in the family because there were no more seats available on that specific flight at the 211.00 rate. Still not a bad deal. I really like the 2pm flight(less traffic to the airport and gets you to WDW at 4:30) . If you shop at Shoprite starting 1/19 they give you 1 point/$2.00 on Continental One pass with the price plus card. Sounds like future trips will be on Continental!! If I search this specific flight now the cost is outrageous! Good luck, but I would book soon since they seem to be really limiting the available discounted seats.( on the seating chart for the 2pm flight half the plane is still empty!).

When in June are you going? I'll help keep an eye on flight for you.

I know what you mean. I started monitoring flights out of EWR to MCO for our Nov trip also. The prices went up on me more than a $100 per person since yesterday. I have paid last year in Sep I purchased our tickets for Nov and I paid $229 each ticket Continental non-stop . So there is still hope. What kind of Fare Watch do you use?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter