Excited about doing a non park theme park vacation.

a742246

And, and, and I caught a fish this big!
My wife and I are excited about doing a non theme park vacation in March, more than a theme park vacation this November. What is wrong with us?
In March, we are planning 2 spa days.
Mini golf,
Renting boats,
Segway tours,
Morning Movies.
Visit Clearwater and Honeymoon Beach,
Seeing the fireworks from a distance,
Yeahh Bob,
Jellyrolls,
Pool time,
Music at GF, Raglan road,
Just to mention a few things.

Our AP ends 12/31/19, we are going for 10 days in March. When we have an active annual pass we tend not to do these things.

When my wife and I booked our Christmas trip for this December it was going to be a non-theme park vacation. We were going to enjoy the Christmas atmosphere around the resorts, enjoy some great food at places we hadn't tried yet and just have some down time. I was really looking forward to it. Plans have changed since. We now have my sister-in-law and her family, husband and 3 kids ages 3, 10 and 13 coming joining us and they have never been to WDW. So it is now a more busy theme park vacation.
I guess our next DVC trip will be the relaxing non-theme park vacation for us but there's already talk of doing Halloween 2020 which means doing the Halloween party.

I just came back from a solo trip and while I did hit the parks a little, it was soooo nice not spending all the time there.

Spa and pool for most of it. Loved every s3cond,

Sounds like a great list to me! We have our first resort only (with the exception of one mnsshp night) trip coming up end of this month. We've been coming to Disney for 10 years. Just bought into DVC earlier this year and we've always done the parks on every trip. Our passes expired in May and wanted a bit of a financial break before purchasing new ones. I'm a little nervous we'll be bored, used to being in the parks. DH is really pleased we'll be taking it easy. I have a lot of the same things on my list...with the addition of...
* Visit AoA for animation classes for the kids. Then gondola ride to CB for dinner then Gondola to BW area for entertainment, dessert and FWs from bridge
* ToTw lounge for FW one night
* Progressive monorail dinner/crawl date for DH and I
* DS - lego store for the boy child, photo pass studio since we've never done that before, other shopping and eating...want to get over polite pig
* WL tour and hidden mickey scavenger hunt
* OKW tour? Olivias...want to check out OKW in general as it's the only dvc resort on property we've never visited.
* since we'll be there over halloween some of our list is specific to that and Halloween happenings at the Fort.

Maybe some others will share their favorite resort stay ideas. I know I'd love to hear them!

Our aps expired halfway through our February trip. We made the next day a resort day. Pool, community Hall, cookie decorating at kidani where we were staying, boma, etc. We did painting with a view at top of the world lounge the next day, we've never had time for that before. Ended up doing the after hours event at magic kingdom as well. Last day did boma for breakfast then did winter summerland minigolf... which we'd never done before. It was a fun trip.

Don't forget to add Boma's free daily tour (I think it was at 4). It was very informative and gives a new appreciation for all the cast members that work there and the authenticity of the food.

I love the idea of a resort only trip and I'm sure I could find many things to do but for some reason I never seem to be able to stay completely out of the parks. As it is now we don't really spend that much time in the parks but we always manage to go the each one at least once with Epcot being the exception, we usually visit that park several times during our trips.

That being said I think if I could every convince myself to do a none park trip I could find plenty to do like riding the different boats to different resorts. There are boats at DS that take you to SR, OKW, PO French Quarter and Riverside giving you a view of parts of the world that you don't normally get to see. There's the boat from MK or Contemporary to WL, boat over explore the resort and don't forget to checkout Geyser Springs. Now we have the new Skyline to ride/resort hop, I can't wait to try it! Just relaxing, sleeping in, enjoying the pool, taking in a movie or two. One of these days I think we will do a non-park trip. :thumbsup2

We are doing a mostly park free trip in May. We are doing Typhoon Lagoon one day and Animal Kingdom one day. Besides that it will be relaxing and enjoying things we always skip. I'm really looking forward to it.

Girlfriends trip celebrating 40+ years of friendship 12/29-1/4, Let the Magic Begin. Only park visit will be on New Year's Eve perhaps Epcot, past 3 New Year's Eve celebrations have been in Magic Kingdom. We have Spa treatments scheduled. Our plans may also include reserving Disney's Backstage Magic. Looking to book "painting with a view" at the Contemporary, resort hopping to see all the holiday decorations and ride the Sky transportation "just because." We have dinner reservations at Bomas and Kona Café. The rest of the time will be spent relaxing at the pool, weather permitted.

Nothing is wrong with you! We've been doing this since 2003. We'll buy an annual pass and jam 2-3 trips in that year. Next year, no passes, just resort time. It's awesome!! Shuffleboard, basketball, tennis (depending on the resort)...

Will the new Cirque show be open by then? Also HoB Sunday brunch....

Girlfriends trip celebrating 40+ years of friendship 12/29-1/4, Let the Magic Begin. Only park visit will be on New Year's Eve perhaps Epcot, past 3 New Year's Eve celebrations have been in Magic Kingdom. We have Spa treatments scheduled. Our plans may also include reserving Disney's Backstage Magic. Looking to book "painting with a view" at the Contemporary, resort hopping to see all the holiday decorations and ride the Sky transportation "just because." We have dinner reservations at Bomas and Kona Café. The rest of the time will be spent relaxing at the pool, weather permitted.

Sounds like fun! Enjoy pixiedust:

Nothing is wrong with you! We've been doing this since 2003. We'll buy an annual pass and jam 2-3 trips in that year. Next year, no passes, just resort time. It's awesome!! Shuffleboard, basketball, tennis (depending on the resort)...

Will the new Cirque show be open by then? Also HoB Sunday brunch....
That is what we do, do 3 trips on an annual pass then skip a year. But we had some extra points this year so we squeezed in an extra vacation . Staying at Saratoga this time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!