• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Excursion basics.....

lodgelady

DIS Veteran
Can you leave kids on the ship while you go on an excursion?
If the excursion lasts most of the day, do they feed you lunch?
Is it hard to get back to the ship for early seating dinner afterward?
Thanks for answering my Q"S!
:D

Although I have never cruised with kids, I believe that you can check your kids into the clubs prior to going on an excusion. However, it's likely that they will not be able to reach you if there is a problem. I don't think the pagers they issue reach much further than the ship.

Some excursions do include lunch. The descriptions usually list what is included (lunch, open bar, etc.).

I always get early dinner seating and have never had a problem getting back to the ship on time. In some ports (St. Thomas and Grand Cayman come to mind), the ship will depart before the early dinner time, so it is not an issue at all. In general, you're rarely more than a half-hour cab ride from the ship.

Re: leaving the kids onboard: Wasn't there an incident a while back where the parents missed reboarding in time and the kids were on board in the club? I think I remember reading that they had to turn the ship around to pick up the parents!!! Talk about embarrassing! Just make sure to give yourself plenty of time!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter