excursions from vero beach

jem44

Earning My Ears
Hi

Can anyone tell me about anyday excursion from vero beach, as we are going in December for 5 days. How much do they cost ? and do you have to book in advance.

Many thanks Jem:pinkbounc

It can depend on the activities they are offering. Vero do offer day trips to Kennedy Space Centre BUT not on a daily basis. There are boat trips ( fishing and just "cruisin' " ) . There isn't really any major " day trip" venues around Vero but there are a lot of things to do that would be considered "half-day" excursions. Mel Fisher's treasure museum, the wildlife centres a few others. I'd suggest contacting Vero direct and asking if they'd send you a fax of what they currently offer. 1-561 234 2000.

If you are a Jimmy Buffet fan, I've heard from a CM at the BWV's that there is a boat excursion where the Captain plays guitar and sings Jimmy Buffet and his wife does the cooking. Can't remember the $$ but it did seem reasonable at the time. Of course I'm a BIG Buffet fan :D so I guess any cost would be reasonable. I'm sure if you call VB they will be able to point you in the right direction. Unfortunately, never having visited there YET ;) thats all I know about. But its a definate when I do finally get there.

My husband and daughter did the Harbor Branch Marine Rescue Center tour ( I think that is the name...) and loved it. I honestly don't remember the cost I think it was around $50 but I really don't recall for sure. There are nature cruises on the Indian River also.

Hi Jem

We went a couple of years ago in November. At that time we had the opportunity of going on a day trip to a ranch. We were offered the trip the day we arrived (a Thursday) and the trip was for the following day. (Organised by/from the hotel). It was $30 per adult. Thirty minutes later we decided we would go but the places were all taken - major disappointment! So I can't say whether it was any good or not but I'm still sorry we didn't make up our minds there and then.

We also took a "cruise" on the St John's River, which was a relaxing and pleasant experience. Saw a few dolphins. "Chilled" out in the river breezes and finished up with a meal at Captain Hiram's just up the road from the mooring point.

The Environmental Learning Centre (just around the corner from the hotel but would still advise driving if you have a car) is a reasonably interesting half-day. The name sounded as if the place might be rather boring but we were pleasantly surprised when we got there. Not mind-blowing but pleasant.

Jan

If there are any airplane buffs in your family, you can tour the Piper Cub airplane factory. Best of all, it's FREE. You do need to call ahead to make reservations and they may have some age restrictions. It's a pretty cool tour and takes a few hours. They have info at the resort with the hours and the number to call for reservations.

If you have a car, I would recommend doing your own day trip to Nasa, if VB does not offer at trip. It is well worth it! You can take a bus tour out to the launch pad and through an older control room, there is a great museum and also an Imax movie or two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter