Expedia.ca: 25% off WDW Tickets with Code

I must be missing something with UT. A 6 day flex ticket there is 2,265.72 usd. With the code, same tix on expedia were 2,427.60 CAD? This is for a family of four, 2 adults 2 kids.

In my post I'm comparing a flex ticket on expedia to a regular ticket on UT.

We are going in january and dont actually need a flex ticket. For us it was a little bit cheaper to get a UT ticket and we also dont need to get it now if we go through UT.

The expedia deal is great if you are going in 2019.

For our 10 day pass the savings for 4 of us from UT vs direct from disney for a base ticket is about 130US$.

@Mikamarii that makes more sense. My UT non flex tix come to 1672.72 USD, with potential exchange and foreign transaction fee about 2,276.05 CAD. So for us likely cheapest i guess to go also with UT pending release of cdn resident discount. We save about 120usd with them over disney direct.

Has anyone had issues ordering their tickets through Expedia? We have always ordered through Disney or Undercover Tourist so my mom is a little unsure about using a different website. We are purchasing 6 day tickets, UT is $450.22 USD Expedia is $445.02 CDN. Works out to around $150 CDN less per person through Expedia which will be a huge amount saved for our family of 6!

So I did a bit of digging and math on this and looks like the Expedia deal may be the way to go even with the flex dates for 2020. I did the math just for our 10day tickets for a family of 4, 2A 2C. I’m also using exchange rates at rbc which is our bank (not including cc transaction fees) so 0.7391/1.353

One problem with my previous post is I wasn’t logged into my Expedia account when I priced it out. Being a member gave an additional 9% off which comepletly changes the deal.

I found a site that listed the deals that were offered for the last Canadian resident deal. It’s the only actual pricing I could find so I am going on the assumption that it is correct. Before taxes it lists our 10 day base pass at 373/per (reg 445) us which actually only equals about a 17% discount

https://www.redflagdeals.com/deal/t...residents-save-20-on-4-day-or-longer-tickets/
So for a 10 day base ticket in January:

Disney 1979US$ or 2677.59 cdn

Disney with same cdn discount (17%) 1642.57us$ or 2222.40 cdn
Disney with 20% cdn discount 1583US $ or 2142 cdn.

Undercover tourist 1861 US$ or 2517.93cdn

Expedia 2373 cdn

Now depending on if you use Expedia a lot you also get double reward pts for using the app and it’s showing we get almost 13k Expedia pts which equals about 100 in hotel credits. If we use ebates that’s another 70$ plus we can pay in cdn and use our WestJet card and get WJpts and avoid the 2.5% fee vs using our US$ visa and gettin no points.

Anyway just fyi and every bodies tickets will be different. Last resident discount came at end of August so if nothing released by Disney by end of this week we will be using the Expedia deal. Please feel free to point out if my math is off.

I've got 9 day flex base from expedia: 594can
And from Disney at 1.35 exchange (starting 2nd week of March): 738can

IF the Canadian resident discount happens, it would have to be 20% to equal the Expedia deal: last year it was 20% at best, previous to that it was actually over 25% if you purchased longer tickets.

Think I have to go for this.

I've got 9 day flex base from expedia: 594can
And from Disney at 1.35 exchange (starting 2nd week of March): 738can

IF the Canadian resident discount happens, it would have to be 20% to equal the Expedia deal: last year it was 20% at best, previous to that it was actually over 25% if you purchased longer tickets.

Think I have to go for this.

Agree.. I've been re-doing my math for my Feb trip over and over.. In the end I don't mind spending $10CAD more per person to lock in this rate vs hoping for a CAD promo from WDW.

We are visiting in November but the last available start date is September 10th.
  • Does that mean I have to buy the flexible date tickets?
  • Do we have to go to the park within 7 days?

We are visiting in November but the last available start date is September 10th.
  • Does that mean I have to buy the flexible date tickets?
  • Do we have to go to the park within 7 days?
View attachment 430042
You can buy for this November. Near the top of that page, under the pictures, you'll see a blue bar that says "check availability".
Under there you'll see a place to put in your November dates. Sorry, I don't know how to take a screen shot but just take another look at that page and you'll find it.

Just want to mention to anyone doing the math -- don't forget that when you buy thru Expedia you're paying in CDN funds which means no foreign transaction fee on your credit card. (i didn't really pay attention to anyone's math to see if you've included that extra percentage or not, if so just ignore my ramblings :P )

IF you don't have any of the other loyalty programmes that you'll be shopping thru and you do have Airmiles, Expedia is on the airmilesshop website and currently has 10X miles happening.

Appreciate the extra math. I am going to run my numbers one more time before i commit. I think the big unknown for me is whether Disney will offer the cdn discount on fixed day ticketing vs flex only

Going to wait till the last minute of this deal to decide. Hoping Disney makes their announcement before end of August like past years.

One more question:. Anyone know if these could later be upgraded to APs later? I would assume if yes than only the amount paid would be credited, not their value on the Disney website...

Thanks again!
Yes, I believe you are correct, that you could upgrade to AP but only the value of what you actually paid is applied.
I bring good news! Disney does not have a mechanism to know what you actually paid. If these are upgradeable (and I assume they are but no promises), you would pay the difference between face value today and the value of the AP when you upgrade (so if they take a price increase in between you only get credit for the face value at the old price).

IF you don't have any of the other loyalty programmes that you'll be shopping thru and you do have Airmiles, Expedia is on the airmilesshop website and currently has 10X miles happening.

This is amazing thank you. We collect air miles but have never used air miles shop as don’t do a lot of online shopping.

I did a mock run through the airmiles shop website and when it takes you to Expedia’s website and you go to the checkout there’s nothing that pops up reflecting airmiles. Is there something I should be looking for to ensure it’s linked? Since it takes me to the website I click on a link from there to open it in the Expedia app to do get double Expedia Rewards. We’re buying 10day passes for the 4 of us and 7 day passes for my parents. If it all works out well get about 20k Expedia pts and 1000+ airmiles! That definitely beats the cdn resident offer haha.

This is amazing thank you. We collect air miles but have never used air miles shop as don’t do a lot of online shopping.

I did a mock run through the airmiles shop website and when it takes you to Expedia’s website and you go to the checkout there’s nothing that pops up reflecting airmiles. Is there something I should be looking for to ensure it’s linked? Since it takes me to the website I click on a link from there to open it in the Expedia app to do get double Expedia Rewards. We’re buying 10day passes for the 4 of us and 7 day passes for my parents. If it all works out well get about 20k Expedia pts and 1000+ airmiles! That definitely beats the cdn resident offer haha.
Well ... I do a ton of online shopping and the airmiles portal can be a thorn in my side at times but I know how to work the system to it's fullest. However it is much better now that they have launched the Chrome extension, if you install that you'll be able to know for sure if you're signed in properly
this is what it looks like BEFORE i sign in the little airmiles symbol is greyed out
1566950808502.png
but once i sign into my airmiles account this message pops up when i hover over the airmiles symbol and i know I'm good to go!

As far as the rest of your question ... I'm afraid i don't know, it's been a long time since i used Expedia!I'm pretty sure you need to complete the transaction on a computer NOT thru the APP btw to get the Airmiles

I just noticed that ebates (well actually the replacement Rakuten or whatever it called) is now offering 6% cash back on Expedia. That makes the deal even better. Looks like the 6% is for a limited time though.

I'm freaking out! I was going to purchase yesterday for a trip in November but decided to sleep on it. Now the site isn't letting me use the code!

Has anyone else been able to use it today?

So after all of these comments I decided to double check the pricing for the flex tickets through expedia.ca for my January 2020 trip but when I entered the coupon code, it doesn't seem to be valid anymore.

Did a bit more digging and it looks like all of the coupons have been redeemed. :(

It wasn't much of a savings for me since I had to purchase the flex option so wanted to let everyone else know in case anyone was hoping to get it last minute. Now I'm REALLY keeping my fingers crossed for a Canadian deal.

Oh wow! It never occurred to me that there would be a limit on coupons. Oh well, here's hoping Disney comes out with something. I wonder if Expedia will have the same deal next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter