Expedition Everest and the Marathon - Disney 2020

This is the first I've heard that you could ride rides during some of the races. Is this only available for the marathon? I've run three halfs and we are planning to run the Star Wars one in April, 2020 and I'd love it if some rides were open!

This is the first I've heard that you could ride rides during some of the races. Is this only available for the marathon? I've run three halfs and we are planning to run the Star Wars one in April, 2020 and I'd love it if some rides were open!
Yes only really during the marathon as the park has to be open while you ride/run.

I did Dopey in 2018 and had the same mentality - possibly and likely my one and only. I am a slow runner and I got into the line as soon as I got to EE. There was a bit of a wait and I anxiously stood there and watched the time tick by. I started to get really, really, really worried about my pace and started to worry about my ability to finish (which had NEVER crossed my mind before). I had an energy gel and ended up on the front row of the ride after a 15-20 minute wait. I honestly think it saved my race.. It gave me such an adrenaline boost for the next chunk of the race and I truly can't imagine my race experience without having done it. I went back to try to see what time I got to EE but don't quite have that info. I can tell you I was in corral D and crossed the half split at 3:14:58. Hope that helps!! :)

Yes only really during the marathon as the park has to be open while you ride/run.

Thanks, that's what I thought, but I was hoping they may have had something similar for the halfs. Maybe not AK when running that Star Wars one since it was still so early, but maybe HS because it was getting a little bit later in the morning.

Was looking forward to the ride during Dopey this last January, but amazingly I was to early and the ride was not going, there where a few people waiting. Debated on waiting but did not want to stop for 10 minutes then start up again.

Yes - for wine and dine and SW I have ridden Frozen. Any of the other Epcot rides will also be available if you time it right. Epcot opens at 9, they usually open Frozen a little early. Many runners will be in line.

Yes - for wine and dine and SW I have ridden Frozen. Any of the other Epcot rides will also be available if you time it right. Epcot opens at 9, they usually open Frozen a little early. Many runners will be in line.

Rock on! Thanks for the heads up, although usually by that point, I am all done with the race and just want to get it over with, although that gospel choir at the very end always gets a late sprint out of me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!