Experience with two reservations at one universal hotel?

SPAM

DIS Veteran
I am considering adding an additional night to my reservation in August at Endless Summer. I got a great deal but can’t extend that reservation. I know Endless Summer isn’t open yet but does anyone have any experience with other Loewe’s Universal hotels with having two back to back reservations? Is it possible to not switch rooms or should I bank on that?

Call booking and do a one night stay for a new reservation

Give them your first ressie # and request to keep you in the same room

They can set it up so you can check out of one room and into the other without relocating

Don’t wait until you get there to ask for same room set up
Scheduler usually sets room assignments up in advance to your arrival

First, ensure that both reservations are for the same room type. If one reservation is for a base room and the other is a 2-bedroom suite (which Endless Summer has a bunch of), then it is unlikely you can stay in the same room.

Second, most hotel chain reservation agents have the ability to merge separate reservations into a single reservation. I've done it with both Hilton and Marriott reservations in the past. While I've not attempted it at a Loews hotel, there is probably a good chance their phone agents can do something similar. So call and ask them to merge your reservations together so you can have a single room.

Third, if a phone agent can't merge the reservations, you can try calling the hotel directly, they have more control over a reservation at their hotel than a general Loews Hotel phone agent will have. Hopefully they will be able to merge the reservations. At the very least they can put a note in the reservation to keep you in the same room.

Fourth, if all else fails, when you check in notify the check-in agent of both reservations. In most cases they won't have any problems ensuring you stay in the same room (assuming both reservations are for the same room type of course.) Note that it is usually in the hotel's self interest to keep you in the same room. You won't have to take up a front desk agent's time, they won't have to do an extra full room cleaning (which is more extensive between guests in a room than while the same guest is in a room),etc. So they would prefer not to force you to change rooms either.

Don’t wait until you check in to merge the two rooms

Room assignments are done prior to your arrival

If another fare has a room set up for a 3 night stay and already in the room, can’t get it switched

Easier to put a person with a one night extra stay where availablilty presently is

Went through that once when flight change happened
Had to switch rooms for one night

Can't believe Universal still hasn't fixed this with Loews. It's a huge disadvantage compared with basically every other hotel chain in existance.

I called the Universal Orlando hotel booking number a few weeks ago and was told this wasn't possible, i.e. to link two different reservations. BUT, I did NOT call Loews directly; I will try that today.

I need 3 nights beginning Saturday of Memorial day weekend and so far no APH rates have come out for Saturday and Sunday night - only the Monday night [which is a fabulous rate for PBR]. If I can avoid rack rate even for just one night - I'm all over it, but have been leery due to possibly having to move. I am even considering just adding those 3 nights to the front of our WDW vacation instead and not even doing Universal this year, that's how frustrated I am about it.

At this point, it would save me about $800 total to just stay at WDW for the entire trip. Decisions, decisions.

Suggest you call Loews direct

I make my bookings that way most
of the time than the UO booking site

On the other hand, hard to pass up a $800 savings

Suggest you call Loews direct

I make my bookings that way most
of the time than the UO booking site

On the other hand, hard to pass up a $800 savings

I actually made the booking on Loews site; not sure why I just didn't call them instead of Universal Orlando. :rolleyes: Before I cancel Universal completely, I'm confirming Undercover Tourist will accept the tickets back with a 5% fee. I didn't purchase the promo ticket on purpose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!