expiration date extended for current ticket holders

I still think the Flexible tickets will eventually be extended. They're only just now managing to get the APs done.

My DVC annual gold pass holder card still says expiring on 12/01/2020.

I'm hoping by December my expiration date will be extended so I won't have to renew like I usually do when I arrive on om yearly December vacation.

I still think the Flexible tickets will eventually be extended. They're only just now managing to get the APs done.
I hope you're right.

The thing is, there was a leak with a ticket seller in the UK yesterday. They had posted (among other things) that park reservations for 2021 would open when the reservation system goes live. The post quickly disappeared and all the info combined seemed like it could be a ploy for them to bring in cash now rather than next year. But within the past couple of hours at least part of the other stuff they wrote has already come true (UK rooms and tickets past 9/26/21, as well as 21-day tickets have been pulled), so I fear they may have been correct about the park reservation system, as well. But if my ticket isn't valid in 2021 I wouldn't be able to make park reservations when they open up, while those who have been extended to 9/26/21 could.

I could be wrong, but I don't think they will open park reservations for 2021 immediately. I think initially it will be those with trips this summer. It would overload the (already questionable) IT system if everyone for the next 16 months was allowed access at once.

I could be wrong, but I don't think they will open park reservations for 2021 immediately. I think initially it will be those with trips this summer. It would overload the (already questionable) IT system if everyone for the next 16 months was allowed access at once.
Again, I hope you're right.

And here we are. Reservations are open for most of 2021, yet flex tickets can't make a reservation beyond 01/14/2021. And even though they've opened up sales for 2021 tickets the modify ticket link in MDE is gone so there's no way to upgrade the ticket to a 2021 ticket. Way to screw over the people who bought your most expensive tickets, Disney.

Edit: so it turns it out everything the UK ticket seller accidentally posted has come true.

And here we are. Reservations are open for most of 2021, yet flex tickets can't make a reservation beyond 01/14/2021. And even though they've opened up sales for 2021 tickets the modify ticket link in MDE is gone so there's no way to upgrade the ticket to a 2021 ticket. Way to screw over the people who bought your most expensive tickets, Disney.

Edit: so it turns it out everything the UK ticket seller accidentally posted has come true.

We are in the same boat. We purchased four 5 day flex tickets in January 2020 before pricing increases. Our original plan was to spend a week at Disney during our kids fall break in October. We weren’t sure when their fall break would be and there had been some talk of the school district discontinuing or shortening fall break so we opted to buy the more expensive flex tickets to give us flexibility. Now covid happened and while we could still go in October assuming the school doesn’t modify fall break we will be accepting a very modified Disney experience and risking our families health. I’d love the option to push this family vacation to next summer without paying additional money. The typically cheaper date specific tickets are being turned into flex tickets with an expiration date into next year. I’ve called Disney twice and each time the representative incorrectly told me that my tickets would be extended, after questioning them as to why it hadn’t happened I’m put on hold while they check on it at last I’m told a bunch of scripting that I wasn’t affected by covid and had every opportunity to go prior to the pandemic (late January or February in my case). The only option provided is to purchase new flex tickets at the new rates that would basically cost me At least $250 more. What I don’t understand is why all date specific tickets even the ones for this fall are being extended when those guests will have the same opportunity to visit. If they were only extending guests that were scheduled during the closure it would make perfect sense. My guess is people like us buying flex tickets are very much in the minority and are not being given a second thought by Disney. It’s wrong and it’s not fair... maybe if enough of us complain they’ll go ahead and extend it.

We are in the same boat. We purchased four 5 day flex tickets in January 2020 before pricing increases. Our original plan was to spend a week at Disney during our kids fall break in October. We weren’t sure when their fall break would be and there had been some talk of the school district discontinuing or shortening fall break so we opted to buy the more expensive flex tickets to give us flexibility. Now covid happened and while we could still go in October assuming the school doesn’t modify fall break we will be accepting a very modified Disney experience and risking our families health. I’d love the option to push this family vacation to next summer without paying additional money. The typically cheaper date specific tickets are being turned into flex tickets with an expiration date into next year. I’ve called Disney twice and each time the representative incorrectly told me that my tickets would be extended, after questioning them as to why it hadn’t happened I’m put on hold while they check on it at last I’m told a bunch of scripting that I wasn’t affected by covid and had every opportunity to go prior to the pandemic (late January or February in my case). The only option provided is to purchase new flex tickets at the new rates that would basically cost me At least $250 more. What I don’t understand is why all date specific tickets even the ones for this fall are being extended when those guests will have the same opportunity to visit. If they were only extending guests that were scheduled during the closure it would make perfect sense. My guess is people like us buying flex tickets are very much in the minority and are not being given a second thought by Disney. It’s wrong and it’s not fair... maybe if enough of us complain they’ll go ahead and extend it.
Exactly! What do you mean, we're not affected by the closure?! Were we somehow allowed into the parks? They have no way of knowing when we were intending on using the tickets. For all they know our trips could have been planned for March, April, May, June, or the first part of July.

It is no different than a AP holder who was promised the possibility to enter the parks but couldn't for 4 months. We were promised the possibility to enter the park for x amount of days whenever we wanted in 2020, but they took that away. Don't get me wrong, I have no issue with the closure. In fact, with the way things are going in FL I feel they should postpone the reopening. But at the very least the tickets should be extended by the number of days they were closed. And the fair thing to do would be to give everyone the same extension, no matter which ticket they bought. UK tickets are also not date specific, yet they got extended to 9/26/21. According to Disney's logic those ticket holders also could've used their tickets before or after the parks closed. For that case they probably used the travel ban as a reason, but guess what, that applies to me too.

Here's another bit of ammunition for when you talk to customer service. We were there when the parks closed. We were supposed to have been at a conference and my DH and DD were going to join me. We only ended up going for 4 days and were already scheduled to leave on the 15th (the day they closed). I had a 7 day convention park hopper with 1+ option and DH and DD had 4 day versions of that ticket. I had called and asked before we left if I could downgrade my ticket to a 4 day and they wouldn't so since those 3 days cost so little, we decided to just eat the price. We used all 4 days on DH and DDs tickets but only 4 of the 7 days on mine. I still have 3 days left on my ticket that Disney is letting me keep plus it was extended to 9/26/21. So, there really is NO reason why they wouldn't extend flexible tickets. It makes no sense at all and seems like a very strange line in the sand to draw.

We had 6 day tickets for Mid-March of 2019. We only used 4 days. I thought the tickets expired but I got the email a few weeks ago saying I could make my park reservations. I can still see the 6 day tickets ( they were part of a resort package) but I can’t see any info about them. I am guessing my expiration date may have actually been the first day the park was closed so maybe they didn’t take the last 1-2 tickets away?? Guess I will need to call to see what is going on. Be a nice surprise if we still have some tickets we could use next March if we go.

We had 6 day tickets for Mid-March of 2019. We only used 4 days. I thought the tickets expired but I got the email a few weeks ago saying I could make my park reservations. I can still see the 6 day tickets ( they were part of a resort package) but I can’t see any info about them. I am guessing my expiration date may have actually been the first day the park was closed so maybe they didn’t take the last 1-2 tickets away?? Guess I will need to call to see what is going on. Be a nice surprise if we still have some tickets we could use next March if we go.

Do you mean March 2020? I guess it’s possible, but I would be really surprised if two unused days from 2019 still have value.

Do you mean March 2020? I guess it’s possible, but I would be really surprised if two unused days from 2019 still have value.

Yep, March 2019. I would agree that it's odd - but I can go in and make park reservations and those tickets show in MDE. And I can only do it for my husband and I, who had the 6 day tickets. My son had stand alone 2 day tickets that he used and those are gone. My best guess it that we had 14 days to use the tickets once we activated them and the Parks closed before our 14 days were up (and we had used only 4 days) so I'm thinking they issued a credit? I plan to call soon to inquire - wanted to wait until I wouldn't be on hold forever.

Yep, March 2019. I would agree that it's odd - but I can go in and make park reservations and those tickets show in MDE. And I can only do it for my husband and I, who had the 6 day tickets. My son had stand alone 2 day tickets that he used and those are gone. My best guess it that we had 14 days to use the tickets once we activated them and the Parks closed before our 14 days were up (and we had used only 4 days) so I'm thinking they issued a credit? I plan to call soon to inquire - wanted to wait until I wouldn't be on hold forever.

I'm confused. You do mean March 2020, right? This March. If so, then you're in the same situation I am. At one point during the closure I read something that said Disney would honor unused entitlements at the time of closing (of course, I can't find that now) and my 7 day tickets also show 3 days remaining. We left FL on 3/15/20 which was the last day the parts were open. I can only see the actual days remaining on the MDE app and not on the website. But both sites show an expiration of 9/26/21 for that 7 day ticket.

I'm confused. You do mean March 2020, right? This March. If so, then you're in the same situation I am. At one point during the closure I read something that said Disney would honor unused entitlements at the time of closing (of course, I can't find that now) and my 7 day tickets also show 3 days remaining. We left FL on 3/15/20 which was the last day the parts were open. I can only see the actual days remaining on the MDE app and not on the website. But both sites show an expiration of 9/26/21 for that 7 day ticket.
Sorry!!!! I am confusing myself!!! You are right - I do mean March 2020. Sounds like you are in the same situation as us. I haven't looked on the MDE app - only on the website. I'll try that and see what it shows.

Just checked MDE app - there I can see that we each have 2 days left on our tickets that now expire 9/26/21. Not sure if we'll be able to use them, but I guess it's nice to have them.

Sorry!!!! I am confusing myself!!! You are right - I do mean March 2020. Sounds like you are in the same situation as us. I haven't looked on the MDE app - only on the website. I'll try that and see what it shows.
Just checked MDE app - there I can see that we each have 2 days left on our tickets that now expire 9/26/21. Not sure if we'll be able to use them, but I guess it's nice to have them.

yes, it has been reported that people who still had valid tickets when the parts closed in March 2020 are able to use those remaining days.

Sorry for bumping the thread, but have you gotten anywhere with the extension?

Yes, I spoke to a representative who said she was going to work some “magic” and she made the tickets valid for all of 2021, but I had to forfeit the option of visiting in 2020.
Thanks for the update. Would you be willing to share her name in a pm? They're still refusing to do anything with my ticket.

Thanks for the update. Would you be willing to share her name in a pm? They're still refusing to do anything with my ticket.
Sorry for the delayed response. I’m sorry but I don’t recall her name. I called (407) 566-4985 if the initial representative doesn’t take care of you I’d ask for an escalation. I didn’t have to do that. It’s definitely possible because they did it for me. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!