expiration date extended for current ticket holders

I am sorry if this has already been answered however, there are just so many pages to sift through.

Here goes... We currently have 10 day, park hopper, water park passes for August. We are still debating whether or not to cancel ouR trip. I understand that Disney has extended the expiration date through Sept. 2021. If we chose to go this August, are they offering any kind of refund for the water park and park hopper option?

Everything is steering me in the direction of canceling however, we would lose many DVC points if we do.

Thanks in advance!

So for those of you who see extended expiration dates, were the tickets bought as part of a package booked thru Disney? Mine were part of our now cancelled free dining reservation. Got $330 off the reservation but still not seeing any change in the end date of the tickets.

There is no official word yet about park hopper or plus. Presumably the upcharge will be refunded if hopping is not available. But we will need to await info from WDW to know for sure.

I could be totally wrong, but it appears that those of us who maybe booked packages through Disney are not showing the extension (still just our original "valid through" dates). Are the extensions for tickets that were purchased separately, or through a third party, or not yet connected to a resort stay?? Or maybe ours will eventually be extended too? Would be interesting to know!

My ticket was changed a day or two ago to 9-26-21 but my daughter's ticket still says 12-15-20. My other daughter's AP expired during the shut down period and should be active 27 days after they reopen at least but doesn't show up in MDE at all.

Can I ask, when you post, please mention how & where you got your tickets and what kind? Thank you!

Mine showed an extension through 9/2021 about a week ago. I saw it posted in the main closure thread, so when I went and checked, the extension was there. Third party park hoppers.

Mine show the extension.

Third party purchased (air miles redeemed) Canadian promotion, park hopper tickets. Not a package deal. Room only and separate tickets.

Mine also show the extension. 3rd party purchase (UT). Date specific 5-day base tickets for first week of August linked the day of the announcement to a DVC reservation.

So just based off a small sample size, looks like tickets bought in a package are not (at least yet) being extended.

So just based off a small sample size, looks like tickets bought in a package are not (at least yet) being extended.
My guess on that is because packages are completely refundable up until 7(?) days before arrival. If guests decide to cancel, and/or WDW cancels, the tickets are gone. If the vacation takes place, the tickets are used as dated.

Friends had trip planned this June, but just tickets bought through Disney in MDE since they have a timeshare. They have been extended as well.

My UT tickets that originally were for April 2020 now show extended through Sept 2021.

I have AP and DD has 5 day hopper from UT for use Oct 1-8, 2020. Her dates have not changed yet. :worried: We keep checking as we still have not decided on cancelling?!

I have AP and DD has 5 day hopper from UT for use Oct 1-8, 2020. Her dates have not changed yet. :worried: We keep checking as we still have not decided on cancelling?!

When were your tickets bought? I also have late October tickets from UT and mine have not changed but I also go them after Disney stopped selling their own. So wasn’t sure if that was why mine haven’t changed

My 5-day Park-Hoppers purchased from UT for Dec.21st start date have been extended to September 26, 2021.

I'm hoping we won't need that extension, but it is nice to see it there just in case.

When were your tickets bought? I also have late October tickets from UT and mine have not changed but I also go them after Disney stopped selling their own. So wasn’t sure if that was why mine haven’t changed
I purchased the day after Disney stopped. I think it was like 5/29? At first I thought the same as you... however, the website says any ticket purchased June 6, 2020 or before would be extended to Sept. 2021

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!