Expired points question

Jcandal

Earning My Ears
Hello! I have a question and you these boards are always so helpful I thought maybe you would know the answer. My friend rented DVC points through DVCstore for Dec but is not comfortable going at that time. They said the owner could rebook her through October, which is when their points expire. We were already planning a trip together from 10/30-11/7. Would she be able to rebook those dates since check in is in October, or does the entire stay have to be completed in October? Thanks!

I assume you mean you were told they could book through Oct 2021. You have to check with the DVC Store and owner of the points because you already have some wrong information. Any DVC point reservation using points from a particular use year must be completed within that use year, i.e., the points cannot be used for a trip that begins right at the end of the use year for any days that run into the next use year even if start date is in the applicable use year.

However, the wrong information you have is that the applicable points can be used through October 2021. If that were the case, you could not book any days in Nov. However, there is no such thing as a use year that ends Oct 31. That would apply to a Nov use year and there are no Nov use years. In other words, your being told the points have to be used by end of Oct is simply wrong information and one needs to find out the actual use year involved.

Last edited:
You’ll have to get clarification because points for a Dec trip can’t expire before that trip

I think they meant expire next year.

Either way, it doesn’t appear they would be good for a trip in Oct or Nov 2020 with current info shared

Last edited:
I'm taking what they were told to mean, the trip would have to completed by September 30th, 2021.

Hello! I have a question and you these boards are always so helpful I thought maybe you would know the answer. My friend rented DVC points through DVCstore for Dec but is not comfortable going at that time. They said the owner could rebook her through October, which is when their points expire. We were already planning a trip together from 10/30-11/7. Would she be able to rebook those dates since check in is in October, or does the entire stay have to be completed in October? Thanks!
Since there are no November UYs (which would have an expiration date of Oct. 31 if it existed), I’m guessing that what they meant by “through October” would be that the points expire on September 30, 2021. The very last night of a stay using those points can be no later than 9/30/2021 if that is the case.

Your friend should ask the rental agency for confirmation, but it sounds to me as if the points would not be valid for a stay of 10/30-11/7/2021.

This is very helpful thanks. I'll ask her to get more clarification, but it unfortunately sounds like it won't work out for her to move the points to oct 21...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter