Extra Extra Magic Hours affecting Pandora

aaronnelson42

Earning My Ears
I am heading to AK for one day next friday. we are staying off campus so can’t get in early.. we have a fast pass for river journey at 9am and my plan was so get to pandora and wait standby for FOP (park opens at 8).

is this ideal? checking the wait times, it seems FOP is down significantly recently.

also how will “refreshing” in the park the day of affect my river journey fastpss if i were to luck up and get an one for FOP.

I just left from a week trip. The waits for FoP were frequent around 30-35 minutes. We actually saw a period where Navi had a longer wait.

We had a FP for FoP at 8 and I think the regular queue was only 20 minutes at that time. I think your plan should work fine so long as crowds don’t change significantly between now and then.

When we entered last week at 730, Navi was a walk on, but FOP was about an hour wait. It seems everyone rushed there first during EMH . When we went back by about 830 it was actually less of a wait.

I am heading to AK for one day next friday. we are staying off campus so can’t get in early.. we have a fast pass for river journey at 9am and my plan was so get to pandora and wait standby for FOP (park opens at 8).

is this ideal? checking the wait times, it seems FOP is down significantly recently.

also how will “refreshing” in the park the day of affect my river journey fastpss if i were to luck up and get an one for FOP.

As far as refreshing goes, if you have not used your Navi FP yet then you would have to give that up for a FOP FP (and would need to be modifying it in order to even see a FOP FP assuming you have 3 FP's selected). If you have already used it you would need to also use two tier 2 in order to be able to add FOP.

We just did this yesterday. We arrived around 6:45 and did standby for FoP. It ended up being a 40 minute wait. Then we waited about 20 minutes for Navi and did our fastpass for FoP. Wait times for FoP peaked around 90 minutes right after the park opened officially, but seemed to drop down to 45 minutes or so after 10 am.

In summary, if you can get there for EMH, do it. But if not, wait a couple hours because the mad rush seems to die down a couple hours in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter