"extra" magic bands and FP+ strategy

megs1313

DIS Veteran
Nevermind. Found a thread that had the answers to my questions.

Last edited:
I have an AP so I could be wrong here, but I don't think the MBs link to park tickets. I know I have a whole drawer of them, they are all interchangeable and I don't get more than 3 FPs. Of course, I've never tried, because I rarely use all three any way.

We had to change flights and make extra resort reservations (there wasn't availability to add a day onto our original stay) so we have ended up with extra magic bands that aren't linked to park tickets. I am planning to use them to make extra FP+ selections in park. I have reviewed the threads here about that, but I wanted to ask a few questions:

1. Wanting to confirm this, will all of my "dummy" magic bands require MDE accounts to make reservations?

2. Should I make all of my "dummy" magic bands one color? Is there any strategy to managing all the extra bands? I will have 9 extras and 14 total bands on this trip. :confused:

3. Is it silly to even try to do this? I'm wondering if it's more trouble than it's worth. I didn't set out to have these extra bands, but if they give me an opportunity to wait in line less, it seems like I should use them.

I only have a couple days left to customize my bands so I need to figure out if they should be color coordinated ASAP. TIA!

:surfweb:

Each band you want to use must be linked to a separate MDX account for you to be able to pull FPs in the parks on the additional bands. Are you having 9 to 14 separate accounts? With tickets linked to them?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter