Extra Pillows at the All Stars?

laurie31

<font color=red>Once had a roommate in college who
Will housekeeping bring extra pillows upon request? DH has a herniated disc and must sleep with a pillow between his knees. Also, I like to sleep on two big fluffy pillows and fear one flat one won't cut it for me. Will we be able to get extras or should we bring ours from home?

Laurie, not wanting to pack pillows as we are flying...

YES!! When my husband and I were there this past February, we requested extra pillows, and housekeeping brought them promptly!!

Thank you, Melissamoo and waughzee! I felt like they probably would provide them, but I'm glad to know someone else has done it without a problem. I may mention it when I call a few days prior to our trip to request the Dalmations building - our DDs are huge Dalmation fans and are most anxious to stay there. (We know we can only hope for the best and won't know until check-in - we've told the girls this, and that they can enjoy looking at the huge Pongo and Perdy no matter what building we get :)

Laurie :)

When we stayed at All-Star Music last March we had no problems getting extra pillows-I like to sleep with lots of pillows too!:D

Have a great trip!

Yay! I am a proud member of the fluffy pillow club, so I'm very glad to hear I won't be stuck with those flat buggers that so many people have mentioned that they get end up with at the All Stars. It's nice to know that "mousekeeping" is so accomodating -- whether value resort or deluxe accomodations!

130 days and counting ... I just can't wait!! :wave:

pillows, towels, blankets, even comforters...

it is inexpensive, but that doesnt mean the guests are going without :D

Hi Pooh! I think it's great that DW and yourself stay at the All-Stars every time. Do you enjoy them that much, or is the value that keeps you coming back? Seems like most folks around here give it a go once or twice at the All-Stars, and then quickly switch to a moderate or deluxe. I'd love to do the same if we had the extra $$, but DF and I are big ol' kids at heart, so I think at the ASMu we'll have a blast!

Just an FYI--on my final trip to AS's a few years back, when I asked for four extra pillows I was told that they would only give two extras per room! Also they were flat as pancakes.

Maybe they've gotten new ones since then, but that was yet another reason I'll never stay there again.

Anne

We stayed at ASMu in November 2002 and housekeeping brought four extra pillows,no problem, since my husband needs to sleep with his bad leg elevated. I would suggest asking for a particular number of pillows.

Both reasons really
Value is a MAJOR player in it. PLus we like to go alot for weekends, etc. and normally when we go, we go to the parks, so we dont feel the need to sleep in a 400$ a night room, and then be gone from it all day.
at 49, or 59 a night, you cant beat the disney vibe ( although ASMo did botch our trip with them pretty bad, we doubt we'll go back to that one. We cant wait for Pop Century.

BUt We also like the hotels, they are all we need most of the time, and we feel staying there, leaves us all the exra money we need to go to places like Victoria and Alberts, CG, CRT, etc.. I'd rather stay at a cheaper hotel, and go all those great places..

Eventually, when we go just for the sake of being at disney, We'll stay at a moderate, Heck, that might be our goal, we've stayed at all 3 values, now we can move on to modersate, and keep climbing the chain! :)

I stayed at ASMu in Mar. One of the pillows was the thinnest pillow I have ever seen in my life. When we first saw it, we laughed until we cried. We made up all kinds of funny stories as to what might have happened to this pillow during its lifetime to cause it to be so flat. The next day I left a message on the nightstand to replace that pillow. They left me another pillow in the room, but they left the flat pillow. It would take 3 pillows to equal to the thickness of the pillows that I am used to at home.

I do agree that most of the pillows at the allstars are very flat, but they have never declined to bring us more whne we request them. I think we have had 7-8 at one time. When you call housekeeping tell them how many you would like or they may only bring you one or 2. We also have them pack our room with towels. When we first get there the standard call is for 4 pillows, 4 towels, and a bedspread or blanket. Last time we were getting ammenities for 2 rooms and it was double that normal request. We might as well be comfortable and try to get some sleep. it is hard if we have a really fun day planned for the morning.

How do you request more pillows and such? Do you call the front desk, or is there a direct number for mousekeeping?

If I remember correctly,there is a button on the phone for housekeeping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter