Fabulous Fifty Fall Fun: An October/November 2020 PanTR (Pandemic Trip Report) [COMPLETE]

DAY SIX : Sad last day of vacay

We got up and finished packing up most of our stuff and hauled it off to the car. First thing this morning was the breakfast DH had been looking forward to the most...Grand Floridian Cafe. We arrived for our reservation and were seated pretty quickly. We had a FABULOUS waitress...wish I remembered her name...I only know she happened to be from Maryland like us...so we chatted a lot about local stuff. Did I mention she was great? DH ordered exactly what he wanted...the Steak and Eggs and found it not as good as our August visit.

I decided on the french toast...it wasn't on the menu but I asked about it and yes they could make it. It was yummy.

My daughter got the waffle...and she seemed to enjoy it.

After breakfast was over, these were delivered by our fabulous waitress:

Sadly we were all too full to enjoy these birthday desserts...the poor cupcake ended up in our rental car...it was far less pretty at the end of the day when we returned to it after being at the park.

So we drove back to our resort and hopped a boat over to the park. We got through the gates and found Mickey and Minnie and friends hanging out here:

Character selfie!

Loved the decorations:

First ride of the day...Space Mountain of course

Next was a ride the kids requested...despite the fact that all 3 can drive REAL cars now...we still had to do this:

DAY SIX : Sad last day of vacay (CONTINUED)

So a quick ride around the track:

Next I think we may have done Carousel of Progress....followed by Winnie the Pooh.

Then a quick walk across the park...and onto our favorite cruise:

At some point I needed a snack:

Then it was over to the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness:

Next order of business...all vacation my daughter wanted a churro but we didn't have any luck. Finally...success:

While waiting for her to eat this...we saw some of my favorite bears up here:

I do believe not long after this we headed back towards the front of the park, but I had to make a stop at the Christmas shop...and I had one goal...to get the Skyliner ornaments that my DH had seen at Riviera and told me about. When we walked in the store, there were none to be found so I asked about them. One of the CMs mentioned she was pretty sure they had just received some. She said as soon as they got them and put them out they tended to disappear. So another CM went in the back...and he emerged with all 4 ornaments. So cool! I looked them over trying to choose one...and in the end I took home all four of them. Yikes!

Quick selfie of all of us...had to be done:

After that we were hungry...and even though it was only 1pm and we had a 3:15pm reservation at Tony's Town Square I decided to walk up and see if they could take us early...and if we could eat outside. I got a yes to both...and after only a few minutes we were seated!

It was so lovely, perfect weather to sit outside and we got to enjoy lots of wonderful sights on Main Street USA. The Dapper Dans at one point were at the train station performing...and we saw some character cavalcades come down the street...sadly they all came down and turned right towards the first station instead of rolling past us.

Attachments

• IMG_20201104_124631245.jpg
    IMG_20201104_124631245.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1
DAY SIX : Sad last day of vacay (CONTINUED)

Ok I have to mention that this is actually a pretty good Chicken Parm:

For some reason we still had some time to kill and headed back down Main Street to catch another cavalcade:

Castle selfie:

Soon we made our way back out of the park and back on the boat back to the Wilderness Lodge:

Really do like this place:

So we went to our car, and we all changed clothes into airport/travel clothes and then hung out in the lobby for about an hour. My DD had some homework to do...and needed to print some stuff for it. So we spoke to the front desk and they gave her an email address to send her documents...and then they printed it for her. Nice.

We probably headed to the airport a little earlier than I would have liked, but it was okay. I would then have to experience the terror of the REGULAR line...thanks to my daughter. See I'm used to going through TSA Pre-check but because she didn't have it I decided to hang with her while the rest of the family went through pre-check. Now usually they give you something or let you show your boarding pass if you are pre-check but in a regular line so you do NOT have to take off your shoes, take out your liquids, and of that. I kept trying to tell them I had pre-check...and yet here I was having to take off my shoes, take out my liquids, and then to add to that I had a t-shirt that was tied in the front...by DESIGN...it literally came that way..and they wanted me to untie it. Seriously...it was a nightmare...never again. Next time I stick to pre-check and my daughter can meet me on the other side. After all she is 18 years old.

We grabbed some food while waiting for the plane and soon enough we were boarding...on a plane that was only 1/3rd full. There was a guy there who insisted on being a total a$$ about being asked to move just a few rows back to even out the plane. He was so irritating. Wish they had just kicked him and his family off because he had to complain to at least 3 people while we all waited. Ridiculous. I think the last guy, the captain, was considering making him get off the plane...too bad he didn't.

An uneventful flight otherwise, we were soon back home and back in our own beds. :)

I guess I can officially close off this trip report...since technically we don't have another trip on the books at all. If we do end up planning something, it will probably be spring or summer and maybe just me and my daughter for her HS graduation.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share some photos from this weekend. I was finally given permission to decorate our real tree. There has been some debate in our house since we purchased this real tree over a week ago...that it might not be able to get us through to Christmas due to the small amount of water that it seems to be taking in, but it IS taking in water and it doesn't seem to be dry or dropping tons of needles right now. After a little bit of looking around this weekend my DH realized...we probably wouldn't have any luck replacing it at this point with anything better. Therefore...I could decorate it!

Here you go:

If you look just above center there you can see my 4 Skyliner ornaments in a diagonal. Here is a closer photo of them...though I'll try to get a better picture in daylight:

And just for fun, I tried to get a good photo of our dog...that didn't work out too well:

And one final photo is of the mantel over the fireplace. We went out this weekend to try to find a canvas of some kind that we could put on the mantel to break it up a bit...and we found this one of Santa and a train. This was perfect.

My camera phone isn't the best for dark photos but you get the idea I am sure. I decided not to put up all of our ornaments this year, since the tree is a bit thinner and smaller than we have had in the past...but it needed a home. :) I told DH as we were decorating last night...if there was a Disney ornament, it for sure went on the tree...but I left off many others. Then I found the boxes of ornaments that I had taken from my dad last Christmas, that were really ornaments that belonged to my mom...including a whole box of ceramic ornaments she had hand painted. I did put a few of those up as well.

I'll have to try to get a decent photo of the front of the house and share it also. It includes all of the Mickey lights in each of our windows and a few Disney character figures on the front lawn too.

Until then, hope everybody is doing well while gearing up for the holidays! I can't believe we are less than two weeks away from Christmas already! We usually do a great big holiday party at our house, which I look forward to every year as I love hosting big gatherings, but obviously not this year. I had thought about trying to do something virtual...but haven't really planned anything. I'll miss it...as well as our New Year's Eve gathering AND probably our annual Superbowl Party. What a strange year this has been and I'm sure 2021 won't be much better. :( Just happy that all of our family is doing well though.

Next was a ride the kids requested...despite the fact that all 3 can drive REAL cars now...we still had to do this:
This made me chuckle :rotfl:
Your Christmas decorations are gorgeous and I think the dog looks cute with his Christmas headband. Hope you have a wonderful time celebrating 🎅🎄☃️🎉

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!