• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fall discounts, are they usually offered or not?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
So does Disney generally offer discounts for the Fall season at Aulani or is the current offer there because of Covid? And does anyone out there visit Aulani in September or the Fall each year? Good time to go? Weather works well or not?

Just to help you keep this bumped up....seems like I’ve seen the pay 4, get 5 offered most all the time (except Christmas). I haven’t gotten an offer in a while, I guess since I haven’t been surfing the Aulani site. But I’m pretty sure I’ve seen 25% at all times of the year (not continuously I mean, but different times).

I think there is usually some kind of fall discount with some stipulations such as you have to stay a certain number of nights to get the discount (usually min of 4 or 5), or it only applies to rooms with certain views. I have been during September once and the weather was hot, and dry. Kids are back in school after labour day so not as busy.

There is usually some sort of fall promotion at Aulani, but renting DVC points is usually a better deal.

Some of the pros for visiting in September are smaller crowds, less staycationers, and lots of sunshine. It's a hot and muggy month, but still much more pleasant than WDW in the summer. The major con is that September is hurricane season. While the odds of a hurricane actually hitting are low, you'll find that most businesses will shut down for 2-4 days if the hurricane path is anywhere near the islands. If you're only here for a week, that could be half your vacation.

There is usually some sort of fall promotion at Aulani, but renting DVC points is usually a better deal.

Some of the pros for visiting in September are smaller crowds, less staycationers, and lots of sunshine. It's a hot and muggy month, but still much more pleasant than WDW in the summer. The major con is that September is hurricane season. While the odds of a hurricane actually hitting are low, you'll find that most businesses will shut down for 2-4 days if the hurricane path is anywhere near the islands. If you're only here for a week, that could be half your vacation.
I have never really paid any attention to hurricanes on the opposite side of the country. Are they that frequent out that ways?

@SL6827 We rarely get hit by hurricanes (maybe once a decade?) but we get 1-3 near misses each year.
Right. Ya, I couldn't tell you the name of a hurricane that has hit out there. I really assumed they just didn't. But its always open season on us here on the East coast.

I have never really paid any attention to hurricanes on the opposite side of the country. Are they that frequent out that ways?
No - not really. Yes, they do happen but its not as frequent as those that form in the Atlantic and threaten WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter