Family friendly beach town on Oregon coast or northern Cal in Feb?

I'm not sure that I'm following your statement about the Oregon Coast in February. But RARELY is February warmer than the average July day along the coast. I mean the coast can get cool in July but not cold. Also, February sees far more rain than July making a dry morning a hard find.

OP-If your looking for something closer to the LA area from Seattle you might want to consider Monterrey on the Central CA coast. Though anywhere much north of Malibu along the coast has great potential for some pretty nasty weather. You might want to consider making the drive down I-5 (two long days or three short days-19 hours in total to Disney) and spending your time in San Diego before hitting Disney. You'd have 3ish days, better weather, and more activities for youngsters.
so...it looks like it is hit and miss with who likes july vs february....In my experience of visiting Lincoln city frequently in Februrary, discount hotels and home rentals, no traffic line up from Safeway to Mo's, great surf, februray has been a go to month, much better than Nov-jan. Mornings are good in Februray and Lincoln City beaches tend to become more weather worn as the day goes on, by 2:00 it is hard to be on the beach in Februray and by 9:00 the weather settles down...For sure if a weather storm front is spining off the coast and soaking the entire PNW, then the coast is not going to be fun. but those storms in Feburary are not as frequent as Dec and janurary....definite soakers. I will not visit in July, it is cold, foggy, misty, never lets up, from morning to sunset and the traffic is horrible in July.. ...whereas in Feburary, if not in a PNW strom front, mornings are fantastic .

...whereas in Feburary, if not in a PNW strom front, mornings are fantastic .
You must have gone on a weird July because July is largely warm and dry on the coast and in the the PNW. I'm glad that Feb has worked for you; and yes, tourist wise Feb is the month to go. There is a reason that hotels are cheap and there are no crowds in Feb. Because the weather is brutal.

so what oregon beach are you visiting frequently in Oregon ...july and feb??

I've driven up and down the Oregon Coast frequently over the last couple of years. From Astoria to Brookings and back. The wet season in the PNW begins in midOct and runs to early June with Dec, Jan, and Feb being the wettest months. Most of the moisture rolls in off the Pacific meaning the coast fells it first., the coastal range does keep some of the cold air east of the coast between The coastal range and the Cascades so the coast doesn't see the snow that Portland and the Williamite and Rouge valleys sometime receive. But just like winter in most of the North Hemisphere Feb along the Oregon coast is colder and wetter than July.

Weather for Brookings:
"In Brookings, the summers are comfortable, dry, and mostly clear and the winters are long, cold, wet, windy, and mostly cloudy. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 43°F to 67°F and is rarely below 36°F or above 75°F."
https://weatherspark.com/y/326/Average-Weather-in-Brookings-Oregon-United-States-Year-RoundBrookings Precip

Weather for Cannon City:
In Cannon Beach, the summers are comfortable and partly cloudy and the winters are cold, wet, windy, and mostly cloudy. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 40°F to 67°F and is rarely below 32°F or above 75°F.

We were visiting family near Seattle this summer and took an overnight trip to Oregon - we went to Portland to the Zoo, and then drove out to Cannon Beach. The weather was crappy that day, but if you're a Goonies fan, it's well worth it to see Haystack Rock! We did walk around the main street there and popped into some of the shops. It was a very family friendly area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter