"Family Fun Day Parade" please explain...

We actually got picked to be grand marshals of the FAmily Fun Parade last Oct and what fun. WE got to ride in an antique fire truck right down Main Street with everyone waving at us. We had our very own photopass photographer with us snapping lots of candids. There were quite a few other guests picked to walk along behind with flags tambourines, Pluto, Horace and Clarabelle. We were stopped by 2 CMs who were wearing the yellow, black and white shirts that character helpers wear as we were leaving Fontierland around 10 a,m. on a Sun morning. WE were told to meet them at a designated at the hub in front of the castle. I got the impression the other guests who were marching behind had been asked in advance to meet there as well. It added to a truly magical trip!!

The description sounded like this was an "open" parade for all kids.....is this not the case?thanks.

We were in the parade a few days ago. Here is the scoop. If you go near the popcorn vendor in the hub in front of the castle about 15 minutes before the parade will start and look for the cast members in costume for the parade. We asked them if we could join in and our family played the tamborines. It only takes about 20 minutes and is really a neat moment.

Chris

We did the FFDParade in January- we were in Adventureland and were approached by a CM who asked if we'd like to participate. She asked us to meet at the popcorn cart at the hub about 40 minutes later. They weren't taking "walkups" - just the folks they had handpicked earlier. We got to be the "hoop section". It was really fun to do. I didn't see any kids by themselves- it was all families marching together.

It is a lot of fun. My favorite section is Horace's section (I have been there several times).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter