Family Magic Tour Input Needed

Lisa96

Mouseketeer
Has anyone taken the Family Magic Tour and what did you think of it? Worth the time and money? I'm bringing my 6 yo niece and 8 yo nephew for their first visit and thought they'd like this. Since this is their first time in the World, should we schedule for the first day at MK or take the tour on our 2nd day at MK? I can't decide if it would be a fun introduction to MK or too distracting to try to keep them involved in the tour when all the wonders beckon for the first time!

I'd go the second day just because of the reason you mentioned. We loved the tour - went in Oct. with 6 and 4 y.o. Be prepared to act silly and you and the kids wil have even more fun. And take your camera - you might have some good photo ops;) . Have fun!

This is a great tour! I would not do it the first day though. Let them get familiar with the park. It is a lot of walking for little ones. It is SO fun! We went on a very hot day in July. Take part in all the silly things, it makes it great!

Get your camera ready near the end of the tour...there are lots of great pictures to be had!

Lisa
(Lightyear)

Well, I'm convinced, but what about my DS who will be 11 1/2 when we go...do you guys tink it will be "cool" for him?
There are so few behind the scenes opportunities for us because he's not 16 and we have them as add-ons to our package that we hate not to be able to use them.
Any suggestions??
Thanks a bunch!

It is not really a behind the scenes type tour....if he is willing to be silly and participate he will have fun. You REALLY need to be open and ready for a fun/silly morning.

Give it a try....it is a blast!

Lisa
(Lightyear)

The tour is fantastic and worth every penny!!

Our family has done this twice now and the kids still talk about the fun the had. :)

Momsgoofy,

my ds (who was in third grade at the time, almost 9) was not particularly "into" the tour or the concept of it. He was well behaved and all, but wouyld have rather spent his time with his dad in Tomorrowland! My youngest ds, who had just turned three, also wasn't too "into" it....he just didn;t get the concept (although he has exceptionally strong language skills).

On the other hand, dd, who was 7, LOVED IT! My mom and I felt it was worth the cost (about $165 for our family of five and my parents) just to see my dd. She skipped by the guide, and was into the whole concept. At the end, with the characters, she met Aladdin (who was her favorite) all but one other family left, so Emily had Aladdin to herself as they held hands and walked to a ride and rode the ride. It was a thrill for her.

Had I known then, what I know know, I would have made the tour for just the "girls" and sent the guys out to do their own thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter