Fan Club - How/What/Where etc!

Peggy Sue

Happy DVC Member
Hi,

Were planning a trip to Universal 12/6 - 8 before heading over to WDW.

We currently have reservations at portifino bay at $199. for the garden view/AAA discount rate. I was advised they had a $179. rate for the "Fan Club". They didn't have any entertainment rates available.

How does one go about obtaining a "fan Club" card? My company, no DH company, offer this perk. Any other way to obtain one? Any help will be sincerely appreciated.

I had the check all three resorts for the entertainment rate..no luck.. Are these rates only available a certain amount of days in advance of arrival?

Any other advice on how to get a better rate? We have always wanted to stay at the Portifino hotel..but would consider the other two if there was some extra special deal we haven't found yet!

Thanks for all you help!

Peggy Sue

Has anyone helped you with getting a Fan Club card yet?

RobinLyn :D

I called AAA for any help they could give me about AAA discounts for WDW,when I ask about the Fun card the TA sent one to me.
You might call and ask about AAA discounts and mention you would like to know how to get a Fan Card.

*FAN CLUB membership is available from your employee services or Human Resources Department. Fan Club cards are issued through your employer and not to individuals. To have your company apply for membership, please email us at fanclub@universalorlando.com. Not available to the general public. All membership benefits are subject to change without notice. Cards have no cash value and cannot be combined with any other offers. Membership cards must be presented at time of transactions in order to be valid.

i found this at the universal web site

http://198.12.17.76/fanclub/member.htm

The American Automobile Association. You know where if you break down they come and help them.

Thanks for that, it was driving me mad trying to work that out. Being from England I didn't really have a chance did I?

Thanks again.

acepepper its the same as the AA that we have in britain and if you are a member here you can ask them for a AAA card ( so iv'e seen on previous threads) im a bit like yourself and it has taken me a while getting used to and understanding the shorthand hope this info is of some use to you.
margaret:D

Answers to Fan Club Questions........

What is the Fan Club?
The Universal Studios Fan Club is offered to business which meet their enrollment criteria. Once a corporation is enrolled, the employer can pass on this benefit in the form of a discount card to their employees. It is very similar to the old Magic Kingdom Club.

How do you join?
By asking your HR department, your travel agent, your bank...

Is there a cost to join?
Fan Club cards are FREE

What are the benefits of being a Fan Club Member?
The basics are: discounted tickets, discounted resort rates, and 10% off meals and merchandise

You can get more info here:
http://198.12.17.76/fanclub/memberorlando.asp

If you are unable to get a card thru your employer, you are welcome to email me your mailing address, and I will send one to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter