Fantasmic! at DL and WDW

JanetRose

...what was the meaning of the big white glove?
Are the shows different? We are going the middle of March but only during the week - will they be showing Fantasmic! ?

The shows are very similar with a few differences and 1 major addition to the DL version. I wont spoil it for you.
The DL version is better, IMO, however the seating is better at MGM.

I'm not sure about the March schedule, but Im sure someone else will have that answer for you.

we have gone to DLR the past 2 march's (04 and 05). In 04 it was spring break for us, which is the week that includes march 17th, in 05 it was 1 week earlier (had to make the best use of the AP's we had purchased!!). Both times the show only played on Friday/Saturday. We made sure to stay for the Friday show before heading back to Oklahoma (we drive...2 days each way!!). The show at DL is WAY better than the one at WDW. It is an absolute do not miss at DL....we only went once at WDW, and will not waste the time to see it again. I guess it's ok, but we had seen the DL version 1st (years ago), and I guess we expected alot more of the show at WDW.
If you do get to see it in DL, be sure to get a seat at the River Belle Terrace...outdoors of course, and have a little dessert while waiting for the show to start. It is the best way to end a great week at DLR!! :banana:

We make a visit to Disneyland in Aneheim California at least once a year. Fantasmic is without a doubt the one of the best things at Disneyland Resort. The show there is the most spectacular show in all of California! Some nights we even stay after the first showing to see the second showing. If you've ever been to Fantasmic in Aneheim, you know how difficult the good viewing areas are to get! There isn't a stadium in Aneheim to sit in, it's a first come first serve seat on the ground around Tom's Island, some spots on the pirates bridge, and roped off areas for standing. (the roped off areas are no good for children, can't see over the adults) Basically, on the 1-10 scale, the viewing arrangements for Aneheim Fantastic are a -3! Unless you get the dessert buffet Fantasmic seating, then the scale goes to a +10!

So when we planned our first trip to Disney Word, Florida, the Fatasmic dinner show was the first thing on our agenda! We made reservations at Hollywood and Vine. I couldn't wait to get "reserved seating in a stadium" to see Fantasmic.

The food at Hollywood & Vine was great. A buffet stye with great service and lots of choices. We only had to wait 30 minutes, after picking our VIP seats, for the show to start. And we had excellent seats, right in the middle, only four rows from the water.

Let me just warn any of you who have ever seen the Fantasmic show in Aneheim, that you may be greatly disappointed with the show in Orlando!!!!! The Orlando show is a scaled down version of Aneheim's show, with more fireworks and less story line, without the beautiful floats, no Peter Pan - Hook spectacular, and the finale is a scaled down goofy looking little boat with very few characters (nothing like the big beautiful Mark Twain Ship finale at Disneyland.) The only thing that's better about Orlando's Fantasmic is the seating!!!! By the time you leave, the stadium is filled with smoke from the fireworks. I guess our expectations were just to high, I mean getting to see Fantasmic in a sit down stadium was one of my Disney dreams come true.

If you've never seen The Fantasmic show in California, I say make the dinner show reservations in Orlando. The stadium there is great, You'll get VIP seating, and the little show is like a little free bonus with dinner.

But that's just my opinion!

DL's is WAY better than WDW, IMO...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter