FANTASMIC! Dining, Dessert, Fastpass Thread - Q&A Here

I was under the impression they only let HB in the back at the last minute once BB and RBT were already seated. I am going in Sept as well and would be really upset if a bunch of HB were let in earlier and I had to sit behind everyone too after paying BB prices!
And I wouldn't blame you one bit.

I hope we continue to get more real world reports here on how it's working.

We just got back two weeks ago and did the Riverbelle Terrace F! Dining package. We were there opening night for the 8pm show. Me & DD both had the ribs. There were quite a large amount of them too much for either of us to eat. They were tasty. My DD had the malificient dessert and I had the strawberry short cake. What I wanted to warn others about the malificient dessert is that it is a chocolate mouse type of dessert with some sort of hot chili substance in the very middle. It burned my DD20's throat as she swallowed the chili substance. And afterward she got sick from what she had ate there. I'm pretty positive it was the dessert. So, if you don't eat chili's or hot things or are sensitive to these things I wouldn't eat this dessert.

Our seating was to the right from the middle and they were letting other fast pass sections like Hungry bear share our section. The people next to us had the least expensive dining option and were sitting with us so, FYI. The seating was a really good viewing option.

We did the RBT Premium Seating package last night. We liked it but I will say if you want a perfect view of the show, it's probably not for you.

We checked in at 7:30 (we were about the 5th party to check in) and they seated us at 7:40. They began meal service right away. Tables were preassigned (I'm guessing by order of who booked first?) so there's really no need to get there early. I was hoping for a railing table but no luck, and getting there extra early won't help you there. We got a back row table but still saw the show fine. The umbrellas were removed from the tables but the lamp posts on the railing were a bit pesky, as you'll see in my pictures. Overall a good, albeit expensive, experience. I asked my DD9 after the show if she wished we'd have gotten a regular dining package where we could have sat down in front with the crowds and she said no way. She appreciated the relaxing atmosphere and said her view was fine. Again, not perfect, but worth it for us not to have to deal with the masses! They do allow you to politely move your chairs around to adjust your view, but we just stayed put. Feel free to ask me any questions you might have. I apologize for the poor quality photos but it gives you an idea of our view. I tried to upload pictures of our table location but it won't let me. I'll keep trying to add them.
img_0891-jpg.262264
img_0893-jpg.262265
img_0897-jpg.262266
img_0899-jpg.262267

We did the RBT Premium Seating package last night. We liked it but I will say if you want a perfect view of the show, it's probably not for you.

We checked in at 7:30 (we were about the 5th party to check in) and they seated us at 7:40. They began meal service right away. Tables were preassigned (I'm guessing by order of who booked first?) so there's really no need to get there early. I was hoping for a railing table but no luck, and getting there extra early won't help you there. We got a back row table but still saw the show fine. The umbrellas were removed from the tables but the lamp posts on the railing were a bit pesky, as you'll see in my pictures. Overall a good, albeit expensive, experience. I asked my DD9 after the show if she wished we'd have gotten a regular dining package where we could have sat down in front with the crowds and she said no way. She appreciated the relaxing atmosphere and said her view was fine. Again, not perfect, but worth it for us not to have to deal with the masses! They do allow you to politely move your chairs around to adjust your view, but we just stayed put. Feel free to ask me any questions you might have. I apologize for the poor quality photos but it gives you an idea of our view. I tried to upload pictures of our table location but it won't let me. I'll keep trying to add them.
img_0891-jpg.262264
img_0893-jpg.262265
img_0897-jpg.262266
img_0899-jpg.262267
Not a bad view at all! Thanks for sharing.

FYI - I am going to release two different BB F! packages at 11am PST today. We ended up with a good time at Café Orleans F!

I am currently holding one for 9/9 at 7:50pm (2nd show) and 9/10 at 5:50 (1st show).

Just wanted to give a heads up if anyone is looking to grab one!

We did the RBT Fantasmic package two weeks ago and really enjoyed it. The restaurant was crowded and we had to wait a good 15-20 minutes for our reservation but it was hot and we asked to sit inside so that might have been why. The food and service were both great. I wanted to pass along something I hadn't seen mentioned here. My DD3 is very scared of fireworks and my DH wasn't that interested in Fantasmic so I was just planning to take my two sons to see the show. I booked the package online when they first came out and on a lark I asked when we checked in if three of us could do the package and two of us order off the regular menu and they said yes, no problem! That was a pleasant surprise! I was prepared to buy the package for all of 5 of us just so 3 of us could get good seats, but it saved us some money especially on my daughter's kids meal.

Later in our trip I had booked a reservation for Blue Bayou. I tried to convert it to a package but never could. When we showed up for our reservation, they treated us like we did have the package so I think we easily could have upgraded it there. We decided that once was enough though, and just ordered off the regular menu.

I did the F! Blue Bayou Dining Package last Sunday and got reserved viewing for the second show. When we got to the front of the line, the CM looked at our FPs and then directed us to keep going to the next CM for the Blue Bayou viewing area (she said). The viewing area sections are only divided by tape on the ground, so I could see where some folks might end up in the wrong area (either on purpose or by accident). That being said, at least initially it looked like they were trying to sort guests by dining packages.

Not new news...the F! FP distribution area is to the left to the Mark Twain dock (when facing the dock). They're using two of the portable FP distribution carts.
DSC_0155_zpslbq9qzkj.jpg

They do have signs up helping guests find the distribution area (although it's not that hard to find once you're in the area).
DSC_0156_zpsgoc8yuai.jpg

On top of each cart there is a little sign telling guests which show time is being distributed.
DSC_0157_zpscnqs4i1q.jpg

When they're done distributing FPs for the day, they move the carts off-stage and put up a sign saying that FP distribution has concluded for the day.
DSC_0158_zpsie3n2lsg.jpg

My wife and I are booked to come Dec 6-10, specifically over the weekend so we can try and see Fantasmic! on Friday night, since they only do shows on the weekend. I am hoping there are shows scheduled for Fridays, but we have Saturday as a back up as well. I am disabled and am no longer able to sit or stand for extended periods. I don't use a scooter, and can get around fine with a cane. We have looked at RBT Premium due to fact they have chairs for viewing, but I am wondering if it might save us $$ if I look to get into the ADA reserved space. Does anyone have advice on this? I certainly appreciate any suggestions.

i am going to release F! at BB for aug 23 and 24, if interested let me know by 5pm tomorrow Aug 20 to coordinate

We did the RBT dining package on Friday night (Aug 19). My DW and I both got the pulled pork sandwich and agreed that there wasn't much flavor to it, neither of us finished it. DD11 got the 1/2 BBQ chicken and thought it was good. DD7 got the grilled chicken and wouldn't touch it until we got some BBQ sauce. DS6 got the Mac & Cheese and barely ate it, my DW said it didn't really have much flavor to it and it looked like it had been sitting around for quite a while. I got the Strawberry shortcake and gave it to my DD7 and I had her butterscotch pudding (seriously, what are they thinking giving that to kids). I liked it though and DD11 enjoyed her Malificent chocolate dessert. But, the main course the meal felt like a disapointment for us.

For Friday night, all three dining sections were seperated. We got into line about 7:45 after doing BTMRR and it was well too late to get rail seating. We were behind about 3 layers of people, but still a good view. I was really suprised at how small the area was for the RBT seating, but somehow everyone fit in, but we weren't allowed much room between people. Fortunatly, once we had our spot I could stand up until it was almost show time and have a good conversation with someone while waiting.

The show was cool, I really enjoyed it. Unfortunately, Murphy didn't make an appearance and my DW was pretty disapointed. Realized we wouldn't see it when a dragon animation showed up on the projections. :(

Quick question. If you get to the dining section late and are at the back of that section, can you stand for the show to see over the people in front of you? We've only done this once and were right at the rail. To be honest, I wasn't that much of a fan of looking between the rails.

Has anyone pulled a regular FP that doesn't send them to the area by the Mark Twain dock? Looks like I will be going the regular FP route in a few days and i'm curious if there's any other FP sections.

Quick question. If you get to the dining section late and are at the back of that section, can you stand for the show to see over the people in front of you? We've only done this once and were right at the rail. To be honest, I wasn't that much of a fan of looking between the rails.

As far as I know, all people in the section are meant to stay seated.

Has anyone pulled a regular FP that doesn't send them to the area by the Mark Twain dock? Looks like I will be going the regular FP route in a few days and i'm curious if there's any other FP sections.
I have not, from my understanding that's the only FP viewing area besides the dinning packages area.

Please report back on your experience! Thanks.

I have a reservation for 4 at BB Friday night. Looks like part of our party might not make it - but won't know until day of. Will I be charged for a no show if only 3 show up? Thanks!!

I have a reservation for 4 at BB Friday night. Looks like part of our party might not make it - but won't know until day of. Will I be charged for a no show if only 3 show up? Thanks!!

I had a similar situation where I also booked for four but only three of us made it. I let them know as I was checking in that I was short one person and it was not an issue!

So we arrived at the RBT seating area about 8:40 for the 9:00 show on Monday and were in the back. (That's what I wanted anyways because I knew I wanted to take a bunch of photos and didn't want to annoy people behind me.) I'm not sure if they would let you stand. Behind the seating area is the narrow walking corridor how you get/in.out of the section. There is a VIP seating area on the next level up behind the seating area/walkway and standing below might block some of their view.

It seemed like the back row filled in last, or at least they let you pick where you wanted. There was a couple with young kids next to us and an ECV that arrived about the same time we did.

PHXscuba

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!