Fantasmic dining package or Goofy's Kitchen

sgerto

Living in a small world after all
We're heading out Nov 12-15. Originally it was Carthay Circle for World of Color dining package hands down. But now that it's TBD-infinity for it's return we're looking at other options.
The initial thought was doing the Blue Bayou option with Fantasmic. We plan on eating there during our trip and I thought for the additional $$, why not. But when I looked at the menu I'm not sure we would all eat the app, starter, and desert. But then you do get the fastpass reserved seating for Fanstasmic.
Then dances in Goofy's Kitchen. We've eaten at Chef Mickey's our two trips to WDW and enjoyed the interaction with the characters. And the price is the same for either experience.

My question is this. Is the location of the seating for Fanstasmic really worth the amount charged with Blue Bayou OR would the extra money be better spent on Goofy's Kitchen.

Thank you so much for your help!

Here’s another option. For Fantasmic if you don’t want to spend the money on BB do the Hungry Bear package. Seating is right next to BB so the view is great and it’s not that much more than a meal anyway. For character meals I’ve only done Goofy’s and Minnie’s but I thought the variety and character interaction was better at Minnie’s. It’s our tradition though to do Goofy’s on arrival night since it’s the only character option for dinner and it’s outside the park so no wasting park time. I’ve heard such great things about the food at Storytellers that we are trying it next month but charcters are only at breakfast. If I had to pick one I’d do Hungry Bear Fantasmic because you have to do a package to have a good view and characters can still be found without a meal.

For F!, I highly suggest doing a dining package at one of the 3 restaurants (HB, BB, or RBT -- the seating up front by the ROA is in that order, left to right). As long as you can sit on the ground, the dining package viewing areas have the best views of the show. Look over the package menus and choose whichever one will work best for you. HB will let you order off the regular menu, too, but you will still pay the dining package price. BB and RBT are pretty flexible in customizing orders. So, for example, if you want an entree without the sauce or with a different side dish, the kitchen should be able to work with you.
As for character meals, the pp is correct that Minnie's has the most characters. GK is the only character meal that serves dinner. And Donald's at the PPH is the only breakfast that has Stitch. PP is right in saying that Storyteller's character breakfast does get some great reviews here for the food. So you have some choices there. GK on arrival night is a great way to kick off a trip and get the magic going.

Wow! Ton of info. Lots to process. Thank you all for the great ideas

We did the F! at BB last month and they give you a souvenir F! themed seat cushion to sit on and take home after.

Set-of-2-Disneyland-2018-Fantasmic-Limited-Edition.jpg

Not my pic, but that's what our cushions look like

I would definitely choose the Fantasmic package at Blue Bayou! The food and ambiance are both much better there than at Goofy's Kitchen and the reserved seating is a much better way to see Fantasmic than the cattle call for regular Fastpasses for the show. Everyone else stands in rows - BB dining packages get the cushion and a front row seat. The seat is still crisscrossed on your butt on the ground, but it is a great view - so much better than the regular FP area!! Close enough that the characters make eye contact with you!

The characters that are at Goofy's are Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale, and Goofy. They can also be found on Main Street and sometimes around the front gate and in Toontown in DL and on Buena Vista Street which is DCA's entry 'street'. So they are readily available throughout the parks, you just gotta catch their lines before you see the CM standing at it's end cutting it off. Plus, in DCA, they all wear adorable 1920's(?) themed outfits that I believe may be unique to that park.

Have fun planning!

Wife and I decided on Plaza Inn for breakfast. Get into park before it opens and better chance of seeing the less frequent characters. Plus my wife LOVES Pooh and Tigger. Still on fence about BB. Waiting to see what days they have the Fantasmic package while we are there. Disney hasn't released them yet.

I spoke with a Dine Line CM about the dining packages. She said that they have no more information than we do here -- they are just waiting day by day for time slots to open up. Right now, they can book packages through 11/03. If, for some reason, BB doesn't work out for your dates, have HB as a back up plan. That way you'll still get to be in the reserved viewing area for F! and it won't cost a huge amount.

We were thinking about HB also. Sticky issue is that my daughter has a friend in CA that is coming to hang out with her on Wednesday. So we were going to let the kids hang out while the wife and I had our own time for the day. Which compounded with Veterans Day (11/12) potential of the park being very busy means we may end up just the wife and I seeing F! because the show seems like it only will be going on Monday and Wednesday of our trip (based on history). Monday night we're going to VOID because I've heard it's the last day of Star Wars VR for a while.

If it factors into your plans at all you can see the Pooh charcters by their ride so Minnie’s is definitely not the only way to see them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter