fantasmic package - no starter?

HappyGrape

DIS Veteran
Is this going ahead? We don't like the dessert choices and without the starters I would prefer normal ADR. I can't see anything on the website, still listed as starter main course and dessert - it will be great if anyone have ADR in 2018 and can confirm

We did the Fantasmic package this Summer at the Brown Derby. We were on the deluxe dinning plan and we did get an appetizer and there were no restrictions on what we could order. We did the ROL package at Tusker house so appetizers were not applicable.

In 2018, the packages for Fantasmic will not include an appetizer. There is also updated pricing.

See: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/fantasmic-dining-package/. It's under "Feast Then Fantasmic."

DINING PACKAGE UPDATES

Beginning January 1, 2018, Fantasmic! Dining Packages will include:

• One entrée, dessert and nonalcoholic beverage at select full-service restaurants or one buffet (where applicable)
  • One voucher for guaranteed seating at Fantasmic! in a reserved area

So if you are using dining plan credits do you get an alcoholic beverage since they are now included with table service?

So if you are using dining plan credits do you get an alcoholic beverage since they are now included with table service?

Unknown. Just because they are included does not mean you'll get them with price fixed meals. Someone paying OOP would not get them, so my guess is paying with DDP won't get them either. Another reason to do ALL the math when pricing it out.

I wonder how will this impact mama melrose fantasmic packages booking?

If you use dinning credit
No starter (same as all tc use really)
No choice for dessert - the quality of the only option was really poor
No alcoholic beverage potentially

This makes it rather poor use of TC, unless you really want to see fantasmic with reserved seats. We have seen it before few times and for me a normal booking at Mama Melrose is better - glass of prosecco plus dessert I actually want

I wonder how will this impact mama melrose fantasmic packages booking?

If you use dinning credit
No starter (same as all tc use really)
No choice for dessert - the quality of the only option was really poor
No alcoholic beverage potentially

This makes it rather poor use of TC, unless you really want to see fantasmic with reserved seats. We have seen it before few times and for me a normal booking at Mama Melrose is better - glass of prosecco plus dessert I actually want

I really enjoyed the dessert sampler when I went! But it could still be a poor value on DP

there were 3 of us and we didnt like it at all but i kind of love ice cream and always order ice cream. I am not huge dessert person!

This might explain the delay I received on booking the ADR for Mama Melrose's Fantasmic Package. I was able to get an ADR easily enough but was told I would have to call back on Dec 22nd to change it to a Fantasmic Package.

Any recent reports on if this policy is being enforced as written, particularly for those on the Deluxe dining plan?

We have the Fantasmic package booked at the Brown Derby, but unless we hear that something changes, we'll probably bump it down to a regular reservation. For two Deluxe dining plan credits each we should be able to enjoy an appetizer and drink as well. I'm willing to arrive 20 min earlier for Fantasmic in exchange for a glass of wine and Cobb salad.

Even on the deluxe plan, a dinner package gets the contents of that package. If the package does not include an app, even deluxe won't get one. Kind of like QS. No app.

Hi,

Going again to this issue, could you please confirm me what is included in Fantasmic package if we are going with deluxe dining plan both in Mama Melrose or Brown Berby? Can we order an apetizzer or not? Can we order any dessert or only the dessert sampler?

Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter