Fantasmic Preferred Seating....could someone explain?

elisaaldrete

Mouseketeer
Hi, I´m new at this so I want to know what are the benefits of the preferred seating and how do you make the reservation. Also if the show is on a open theater like WDW or do this seats are for views from a near by restaurant?
Please!!!! I really want to now more about this show. :flower:

Thank you

The show is not in a theatre like WDW. It is done on the edge of Tom Sawyer's Island and in the River. If you look at a map of Disneyland the best seating is in front of the River Belle Terrace. People have been known to camp out 2-3 hours before the show to get really good seats. (By seats I mean a place on the ground. There are no seats per se.) The preferred seating is on the balconey of the Disney Gallery and folding chairs down by the river. The balconey only seats 21 so you can imagine how quickly they go. (Think getting reservations at WDW CRT x about 20!!!!) I don't know how quickly the tickets in front go, but I imagine pretty darn quick.
In order to get the balconey you need to be on the phone with Disney Dining at 7:56 am pst (or pdt depending on when you are calling). The best number to call is 714-781-4400. This seems to get you to the Fantasmic reservations directly. If you call Disney Dining (714-781-3463) you will need to listen to the prompt and then push 1. This can eat up valuable time. I have them for 7/26 and this is how I got them. I got them on my 2nd day of trying, and the first day I called Disney Dining and then pushed 1, so I think direct is better. I would recommend a trial run a day or 2 before. I did this just to make sure I had all the numbers correct. If you do get them be prepared to pay for them in full immediately. They are $56 per ticket, no discount for children in the balconey, but $10 off for kids down by the river. They are non-refundable and they need to be picked up by the person who's name is on the credit card you use to charge them. This is the other reason I suggest a dry run, just in case anything has changed you can ask questions.
The balconey is a buffet, but you are given a box of desserts if you sit by the river. This is the first time we are doing it, so I cannot personally tell you if it's worth the price, but I've only heard wonderful things about it.
Good luck if you decide to go for them. I can guarantee you will be dancing around the room shouting if you do get through!!! :Pinkbounc

Another suggestion!
If you are staying onsite you can try the Vacation planning dept at DLR. The number is 1-714-300-7526. It seems to work like the concierge, but you do not need to be concierge level. It is for any guests staying at one of the 3 onsite resorts. I found out about this so close to our 30 days that I didn't want to chance it. Several people have called 60+ days in advance and given all their pertinent info and had the vacation planning people make their reservations. They said to call as far in advance as possible as they keep track of when you call. I have no personal experience, but I would have loved to have tried it.
My understanding is that this can be used for all your reservations, not just Fantasmic.

Thank you very much for sharing this info. I will try to call and maybe if lucky I can experience this.

Hi there,

I have a link to info that explains Fantasmic, and has pictures of the Fantasmic Dessert Balcony & Premium Seating. The premium seating also offers a dessert buffet. I've been there twice to enjoy it.

Fantasmic Info

Mary Jo said:
Hi there,

I have a link to info that explains Fantasmic, and has pictures of the Fantasmic Dessert Balcony & Premium Seating. The premium seating also offers a dessert buffet. I've been there twice to enjoy it.

Fantasmic Info
Mary Jo,
When did you last go? I booked ours 2 weeks ago and was told by Disney Dining that the Premium Seating did not have a buffet, but that each person was given an individual box of desserts. I was also told this 4 days earlier when I called to make sure I had all my facts straight for the reservation process.
We've got balconey seating so it really doesn't effect me, but I know the CM's sometimes give out wrong info, so I would like to make sure I have the correct info.
Thanks!

Wow - maybe they went back to boxed lunches.... They used to offer boxed lunches, and when I went last year in April & August, they had gone to a buffet & had it laid out. It would be nice to hear from someone who's gone recently, or if someone can just do a visual check if they're in that area.

Elisa,

Hi, I bet you're so excited!

I just wanted to chime in and encourage you to give vacation planning a call if you are staying at one of the 3 DL hotels, even if you're only a few days away from the 30 days in advance mark. I made several reservations at non-disney hotels (cancelling all of them later!) before I finally settled on the Paradise Pier just 2 days before the day I needed to call for the Fantasmic! balcony seating. I called vacation planning right away, told them I really wanted the 9:00 p.m. show (but would settle for the 10:30 if necessary), and 2 days later I had my email telling me that I had tickets to the 9:00 p.m. show! It gives me shivers just to type it! So I don't think it's too late, unless you're less than a month out from the day you want the seating.

Good luck, and have a great time! I'll be there myself in 20 days!!!:hourglass:

I was at the 9:00 Fantasmic! show premium riverside seating on Wed. June 29, and we had a dessert buffet consisting of chocolate dipped strawberries, Mickey rice krispy treats, and a variety of delicious cookies. Drinks were served to us. Big thumbs up. We'll definitely do it again.

We went to the Balcony buffet on 6/30 and I noticed that the Premium Viewing was still doing the buffet style desserts.

In regards to vacation planning services, we used them to make our balcony reservations and they were wonderful!

Not only did we get the reservations we wanted, but apparently we were first on the list as we got seated first. I know a lot of people say all the seats are great, but the people who sat behind us didn't agree. They had 2 children with them and complained quite a bit to the CM's about having to be in the back row.

At any rate, vacation planning is a great way to go if you're staying onsite. I really think they have an inside track on making these types of reservations.

They are $56 per ticket,

Did the price go up? They were $53 the last time I saw. I should find out today if we get our tickets from Vacation Planning. I really hope all goes smoothly.

The buffets always seem to be the same price as the 1-day, 1-park ticket and that is now $56.

How do you contact Vacation Planning? We are going the last week of August, and I was planning on the "start calling at the crack of dawn" until I get reservations. Also, what is the procedure for using Vacation Planning?. I booked this through AAA and don't have my information from them yet, but they have confirmed.

Doug

sirstude said:
How do you contact Vacation Planning? We are going the last week of August, and I was planning on the "start calling at the crack of dawn" until I get reservations. Also, what is the procedure for using Vacation Planning?. I booked this through AAA and don't have my information from them yet, but they have confirmed.

Doug

Vacation Planning Office
1-714/300-7520 (for guests staying at the Disneyland Resort Hotels)
Or email them at vacationplanning@disneyonline.com

They will confirm your reservation at one of the three Disneyland Resort hotels

starwood said:
Did the price go up? They were $53 the last time I saw. I should find out today if we get our tickets from Vacation Planning. I really hope all goes smoothly.
I heard they went up on the 20th of June. I called to ask the price on the 18th and was told $53, but when I called on the 26th to get tickets I was charged $56 each. I was sort of peeved that they didn't tell me it would be going up in 2 days, but obviously not mad enough to decline the tickets!!!

I got them! The only thing I don't like is that they are for the 10:30 show. I would have preferred the 9:00 but I won't be picky. We'll be working on a 3 hour time differences. This will be our second night so maybe we will have adjusted a little. :banana: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter