• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic Priority seating

DisneySlave

The Desert ParrotHead
Has anyone tried the Tom Sawyer Seating Area for Fantasmic? Is it a better view than the balcony seating?

We are doing this on Saturday, I will let you know how it is. Never have done the balcony though.

Is the Tom Sawyer seating reserved or first come first served? If it's PS, how much does it cost?

The premium viewing section, which is between Haunted Mansion and Tom Sawyer's Rafts is first come first served. About an hour before Fantasmic starts, the CMs will take your tickets and write your name down and the number in your party. About a half hour before Fantasmic they'll start seating you in the order that they have the names down. By that time, everyone in your party will need to be there or they won't seat you. We did this last August, and that is what happened to us.

Balcony seating is the best, but premium seating is also good, especially if you are going to watch the first show and do not want to wait for 2-3 hours to get a good spot.

I believe pricing for premium seating is $53 for ages 10+, and $43 for 3-9 (2 & under are free if they sit in your lap). Balcony seating is $53 for all paying guests (that is, 2 & under are free if they sit in your lap).

There is no view better than the balcony! It's nice to have a little elevation so you can really see everything. Next best bet is the premium seating at Tom Sawyer, but it's definitely not as nice.

I've done both premium viewings and actually enjoy the riverside better. True, the balcony puts you right in the center. But I felt removed from the show. When you are down by the river, you feel the water spray, feel the heat from the fire, feel the sound. You experience the show rather than just watch it.

The riverside seating is slightly off center, but you still have a waterscreen right in front of you, and you don't miss any of the action. Plus, you get a $10 break for kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter