Fantasmic questions

merlinsgang

Earning My Ears
Myself, wife, MIL, and 2 boys (9 & 7) are spending the week after Labor Day at DL & DCA. The fireworks and Fantasmic are only Friday and Saturday (9/8, 9/9) while we are there. I don't know anything about the Fantasmic show. I would love any info or tips. I am figuring on the late Fantasmic show since we are on vacation. I keep hearing about balcony seating. Is it better? more expensive? worth it?

merlinsgang said:
Myself, wife, MIL, and 2 boys (9 & 7) are spending the week after Labor Day at DL & DCA. The fireworks and Fantasmic are only Friday and Saturday (9/8, 9/9) while we are there. I don't know anything about the Fantasmic show. I would love any info or tips. I am figuring on the late Fantasmic show since we are on vacation. I keep hearing about balcony seating. Is it better? more expensive? worth it?

IMO, seeing the fireworks from a good viewing spot (in front of the castle) would be first priority because that show won't be on much longer (I believe it ends Oct. 2). It's possible to see the fireworks, then go immediately to the Rivers of America and get a decent spot for the 10:30 Fantasmic show (I've done it a couple of times), but you can't do it the other way around (Fantasmic at 9, then fireworks at 9:30 from a decent viewing spot).

The balcony viewing for Fantasmic is about $50/person and includes a dessert buffet about 45 min. before the show begins. I've done it once and it was a nice splurge, but I can't truthfully say it was worth that much $$ (to me). There is another reserved seating option for Fantasmic which I have not done so I'm not sure of the details--I believe you sit on ground level, maybe around the area of the train station and get a box w/a few dessert items. It's cheaper than the balcony, not sure of price.

The show is a combination of live performers, mechanical displays and animated images projected on mist screens. It's very colorful, set to music and has a loose story line of the evil queen trying to take over Mickey's imagination and turn his dream into a nightmare. You see performers and Disney characters on stage on Tom Sawyer's island, on rafts, on the Columbia (Peter Pan and Capt. Hook fighting a battle) and the Mark Twain w/just about all the characters you can think of at the finale. If you do a search you can find video of the show online you could watch to give you a better idea.

NotSoLittleMermaid said:
IMO, seeing the fireworks from a good viewing spot (in front of the castle) would be first priority because that show won't be on much longer (I believe it ends Oct. 2).

Say it isn't so! The 50th fireworks ends Oct 2nd? Does anyone else have info regarding this date or any date for the end of the anniversary fireworks display?

mom2dzb said:
Say it isn't so! The 50th fireworks ends Oct 2nd? Does anyone else have info regarding this date or any date for the end of the anniversary fireworks display?
No one really knows. I have also heard they will continue until Feb 2007.

it is definitely worth seeing...I usually go to DL during off peak times and Fantasmic only shows on the weekend...I never go to Disneyland on weekends except for Sunday and the only reason is so I can see Fantasmic...I love that show and if they ever cancel it I will cry my fool heart out :sad: I did the balcony once and I always suggest that you do it at least once.... but I definitely have my favorite spot to sit at and I always start making my way to the roped off area when the first show is over....let me tell you...nobody wants to be in my way when Im trying to get to my spot :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter