Fantasmic tips?

sageandbelle

Earning My Ears
Hey guys, my family and I have never been to Fantasmic but are excited to try and see it in October. Do you guys have any tips or tricks that we should know or how early to get there? The park closes at 10 so I don't know when Fantasmic would be, I'm guessing around 9? Any tips are helpful! Thanks in advance.

Hey guys, my family and I have never been to Fantasmic but are excited to try and see it in October. Do you guys have any tips or tricks that we should know or how early to get there? The park closes at 10 so I don't know when Fantasmic would be, I'm guessing around 9? Any tips are helpful! Thanks in advance.

Looks like F! is at 8:00 p.m. for the month of October.

If you can get a 4th or later FP for it, I would. That gives you a better chance of getting a seat near the center of the theater. Otherwise, I'd be headed into the theater at least by 7:30 and 7:15 might be better.

Looks like F! is at 8:00 p.m. for the month of October.

If you can get a 4th or later FP for it, I would. That gives you a better chance of getting a seat near the center of the theater. Otherwise, I'd be headed into the theater at least by 7:30 and 7:15 might be better.
Yup!

What a FastPass for Fantasmic! offers is more CHOICE in seating.

If you DO get a F! FastPass, you can choose to sit in either the FP section (virtually the entire left half of the theater) or the Standby section (virtually the entire right half of the theater.)
So, whatever section has the better seating at the time you arrive, you can go there.
Without a FP, you can only choose a seat in the Standby section.

There is a very good chance that you can get a FP+ for F! as a 4th or 5th FP of the day because they issue SO MANY of them (enough to cover nearly the entire left half of the seating.) On many nights, it is possible that you can get a FP+ for F! as you are walking to the theater.

As to when to arrive at the theater, I'd get to there 45-60 minutes before the show-time.
Even WITH having a FP or Dining Pkg. reservation, don't wait too late.

On busy nights, the CMs can stop holding the reserved sections within 20-30 minutes before show-time, and turn over any available seats to waiting walk-in guests.

Guests who learn how to take advantage of the various available "tools" and timing strategies will be able to take more control over their WDW experiences.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Map Below-
Arrows indicate the center of the seating.
Shaded areas:
(First or Only F! performance of the evening)
Cyan= Standby (walk-in) seating
Red= Dining Package Reserved
Blue= FP+ Reserved
Purple= Can be either FP+ or Dining Plan Reserved, depending on needs.

(Second or Third F! performance of the evening)
Red, Purple, Blue= FP+ Reserved
(Although much of the outer Blue will likely be used for Standby.)

F-Seating-West-FDP-FP_090715_zpsbgadk8q7.jpg

DHS-F!-Paths_032918.jpg

Last edited:

You don't really need a Fastpass or a dining package to get good seats. You just have to show up early - I'd say at least 30 minutes prior to showtime - and grab a seat.

See my expanded Post #3 above with info and images I brought over from the "MAPS: by Robo." sticky post...
always found near the top of this forum.

Last edited:
Yup!

What a FastPass for Fantasmic! offers is more CHOICE in seating.

If you DO get a F! FastPass, you can choose to sit in either the FP section (virtually the entire left half of the theater) or the Standby section (virtually the entire right half of the theater.)
So, whatever section has the better seating at the time you arrive, you can go there.
Without a FP, you can only choose a seat in the Standby section.

There is a very good chance that you can get a FP+ for F! as a 4th or 5th FP of the day because they issue SO MANY of them (enough to cover nearly the entire left half of the seating.) On many nights, it is possible that you can get a FP+ for F! as you are walking to the theater.

As to when to arrive at the theater, I'd get to there 45-60 minutes before the show-time.
Even WITH having a FP or Dining Pkg. reservation, don't wait too late.

On busy nights, the CMs can stop holding the reserved sections within 20-30 minutes before show-time, and turn over any available seats to waiting walk-in guests.

Guests who learn how to take advantage of the various available "tools" and timing strategies will be able to take more control over their WDW experiences.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Map Below-
Arrows indicate the center of the seating.
Shaded areas:
(First or Only F! performance of the evening)
Red= Dining Package Reserved
Blue= FP+ Reserved
Purple= Can be either FP+ or Dining Plan Reserved, depending on needs.

(Second or Third F! performance of the evening)
Red, Purple, Blue= FP+ Reserved
(Although much of the outer Blue will likely be used for Standby.)

F-Seating-West-FDP-FP_090715_zpsbgadk8q7.jpg

DHS-F!-Paths_032918.jpg
This was very very helpful! Do you know approximately how long the show lasts? idk if it’d be worth it to schedule a FP for after the show or if I should do one before the show

This was very very helpful! Do you know approximately how long the show lasts? idk if it’d be worth it to schedule a FP for after the show or if I should do one before the show
You're welcome.
The show's run-time is 27-29 minutes.
Plus, add 5-12 minutes to exit the theater.

For years (since F! was started), we have gone to the amphitheater 1 hr before show time and always gotten a good seat (standby) even though it was already starting to fill up even that far in advance. Just another tip for you!

Never seen it before. Will be there sat and grabbed a fp for it. Only be in the park for a few hrs and with new tier system, might as well. Have a fp ToT right when it's over

The wait is kind of fun though, once seated in the amphitheater. They are pumping music and there are CM leading the crowd in waves and dancing. We got there about 45 minutes early, got our seats, sent a few from our party up to get snacks and then enjoyed the preshow fun while we waited.

You will stay in your evc in a parking space. Your group might be divided with some directly in front of you and others two rows from you. It will depend on how crowded the show is. Arrive early.

You will stay in your evc in a parking space. Your group might be divided with some directly in front of you and others two rows from you. It will depend on how crowded the show is. Arrive early.

Yes. Early.
I'd say 45-60 minutes before show time. (Earlier, if you can.)

At WDW, especially if you need specific accommodations
(like one of the limited wheelchair spaces in the F! amphitheater)
arriving far too early beats arriving just one minute too late.

The other option to arriving an hour early is take advantage of one of the dining packages or VIP dessert package. I personally will do just about anything to save sitting around for an hour unnecessarily, so I have done the dessert package the last 2 trips, showed up about 20 - 30 minutes ahead of time and gotten a seat right in the middle both times. That is just enough time to enjoy the desserts I want before the show starts. The dining package is probably the better value though and will work the same way/same section, especially if you are a planning a TS meal at DHS anyway.

We got it as a 5th fp this last time, theater wasn't full by any means (far left and far right sections basically empty). On a Saturday too. I know that's not typical though. I wonder if there's a grace period on fps for this if you don't arrive during the times they say (we always do)

Since it is your first time, I haven't seen anyone mention that the first rows can get a little wet. If you don't want the potential of getting some spray don't sit in the very front.

Enjoy the show!

I wonder if there's a grace period on fps for this if you don't arrive during the times they say (we always do)
Only to the extent that you would be allowed to be seated (somewhere in the theater) if there is room.
If/when the show fills up, they can cut off entry to anyone.
(And, they make pre-show announcements to that affect at the theater entry paths.)

We've been to F! performances when the seating has been so full early enough that they have actually started the show early...
Since nobody else would safely fit into the busy theater, there was no need to wait for the posted start time.

There is simply no way to predict exactly how many guests might just park-hop over to a given park just to see whatever show is offered.

If seeing a particular performance of anything is IMPORTANT to you... arrive early.
How early depends on you, but always, always, earlier will beat later for whatever your purpose.

OTOH, if seeing a given show is of only passing interest, you can wait and stop by closer to show time.
You might get lucky. Many guests have.

My fav tip for seeing F! is to carry in dinner & eat while seated in the amphitheater. This really helps make the waiting time SO much more efficient & worth it. You're basically doing 2 things at once & there are 3 QS's across from the entrance (use mobile order) & an ice cream stop. There's a concession stand inside but the offerings are pretty limited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!