fantasmic

maggie767

Mouseketeer
i need to know about fantasmic. to get a seat should we go with a dinner package or do we take our chances in just finding a good seat. also the dinner packages, what resturant do we make ressies at for this show. thank you for any info you might have.

We just returned and this was the first time that we opted for the Fantasmic Dinner Package. I don't think I would do it any other way from now on. Saved a whole lot of waiting in line in advance of the show. We made our reservations as soon as we got into the park and had no problem. They offered dinner at Hollywood and Vine, Brown Derby and 50's Prime Time (I think.) We ate at Hollywood and Vine. It was buffet style. Excellent food. No characters for dinner. They gave us a voucher for Fantasmic. You just show the voucher to the CM by the Dinner package entrance by the gas station at the front of the park and you walk to the roped off area reserved for Dinner package guests. (It is quite a long walk by the way!) They told us to arrive with our voucher by 8:15 PM. We arrived a bit earlier than that and had great seats. Much better than what we've had when we've stood in line and waited. IMHO it was well worth it!

Melody

There are no "bad" seats for Fantasmic -- unless you end up standing in the back :) ! However, many people begin "lining up" easily 1 1/2 hours before the show. So when the rope drops, there's a huge rush to get seats. If it's crowded (and when is Fantasmic NOT crowded?), it can be rough.

The "reserved seating" area is on the right side of the seating area. The last two rows are held for guests with disabilities. The entrance for this area is to the right of Oscar's Service Station through the normally closed gate. Hand the guard your pass(es) and walk in. Not a short walk, either. But it is less crowded than the regular line.

Anywhere you sit you will have a great view of the show. And it is NOT to be missed!

It really depends on how you want to approach it -- join in the general wait and rush for a seat or sit in the reserved area. As for my DW and I, we do the dinner pkg. Easier, more relaxed, and just plain more fun!

Unless things have changed recently - 50's Prime Time Cafe isn't available for the dinner package, but Mama Melrose's is. I agree that I wouldn't attempt to see Fantasmic any other way. :D

Another vote for definitely doing the dinner package. We just returned from our 8/2-10 trip. We ate at H & V and really enjoyed it. Do arrive at the gates before 8:15, because promptly at 8:30 they open the reserved section to everyone. It's also about a 5 minute walk to the arena from the gates. Have fun.

I thought I would tag along with this thread if I could, I have a separate question regarding Fantasmic dinner package...

I have read that there is a voucher for Fantasmic available if you do LUNCH ,versus dinner,.....anyone heard of this option ? Or am I dreaming ???

David

i really don't know. i just know that its the dinner package. maybe someone else will reply.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter