Fantasy Concierge one-bedroom suite stateroom 12000 now charging a premium

Wow! We were lucky to get this for the 10N S Caribbean in July 2021. I think this would have priced us out of that room.

I have sailed in 12000, it is nice to have the extra balcony space but you do lose out on a great deal of ocean view that you normally have from the other one-bedroom concierge balconies that are on the sides of the ship. You also have the obstruction of a large plexiglass windshield on the railing that is approx 7ft high from the deck floor and have privacy issues as everyone on the public deck above can look down on you. Additionally you have the Royal Suite hot tubs on each side of your balcony so you run the risk of noise depending on who ends up in those cabins on your trip.
I did enjoy the uniqueness of 12000 but there are drawbacks. I think DCL overshot and greatly overpriced this new category and personally when paying for a concierge 1-bedroom could never justify an additional $1k per day for 12000.

Maybe they're priced for the person who's booking it in addition to the Roy or Walt suite?

Last edited:
I've never booked a 1 bedroom. Is this particular room (12000) a popular choice to justify this type of premium?

I'm sure someone already posted this but they are doing the same with the mid-ship 1-bedrooms on the Magic/Wonder (with the triple verandah). They know how much people try to snag those so now they can get more money for them.

I'm sure someone already posted this but they are doing the same with the mid-ship 1-bedrooms on the Magic/Wonder (with the triple verandah). They know how much people try to snag those so now they can get more money for them.
Thank goodness we snagged one for Oct. 1, 2021 on the Wonder. One and done for us! 8543 here we come!

Speaking of increased pricing for concierge. We are currently booked on April 17, 2021, but will be moving to future cruise. Just for fun, I decided to check next year’s pricing. April 16, 2022 one bedroom concierge is $3000 more PER PERSON than April 17, 2021. Exact same itinerary on the Fantasy. I know there are always threads about Disney’s price increases, but I do not think I have ever seen one this crazy. I usually think it is beyond crazy to increase $3000 for the whole cruise, yet alone per person. :)

Speaking of increased pricing for concierge. We are currently booked on April 17, 2021, but will be moving to future cruise. Just for fun, I decided to check next year’s pricing. April 16, 2022 one bedroom concierge is $3000 more PER PERSON than April 17, 2021. Exact same itinerary on the Fantasy. I know there are always threads about Disney’s price increases, but I do not think I have ever seen one this crazy. I usually think it is beyond crazy to increase $3000 for the whole cruise, yet alone per person. :)

That's because Easter in 2021 is April 4, but in 2022 is April 17th - so that cruise just got hit with the upcharge of being over people's spring breaks.

That's insane. I cruised in 12000 in July 2017, and it was a great experience. Having that bonus hallway when you first walk in was nice for suitcase storage, and the large verandah was great for relaxing on sea days. However, as a previous poster stated, there are drawbacks (public deck above you that can look down on your verandah, hot tubs on either side of you, view obstructed by teen pool), and it's totally not worth the increase. Disney is doing this just because they can, and it's frustrating.

That sounds like what happened back in 2015. A Cat V in January 2014 was like 4400 for 2 in January on the Fantasy. The hosts were complaining during the cruise because the 2015 rates basically doubled and it would have been over 8k for us to rebook the same week in the same room in 2015. The hosts were upset because many people they were used to having weren't rebooking in 2015.

That sounds like what happened back in 2015. A Cat V in January 2014 was like 4400 for 2 in January on the Fantasy. The hosts were complaining during the cruise because the 2015 rates basically doubled and it would have been over 8k for us to rebook the same week in the same room in 2015. The hosts were upset because many people they were used to having weren't rebooking in 2015.

A one week cruise in cat V in January now is 9K. Someone must be paying it, but I'm not ashamed to say I can't pay that and live with myself after. There just isn't a big enough carrot to pay literally double between the nicest stateroom outside of concierge and a cat V.

A one week cruise in cat V in January now is 9K. Someone must be paying it, but I'm not ashamed to say I can't pay that and live with myself after. There just isn't a big enough carrot to pay literally double between the nicest stateroom outside of concierge and a cat V.

We could justify the 4400 price back then, but double was a hard no for us. We just used the lounge for snacks and the free drinks, and didn't ask the staff for anything special so it was easy for us to switch back. For those that use the hosts more, or use the priority booking for spa stuff I could see it being more worth it.

I will gladly cash my Disney stock dividend check, but those fares are outrageous. One year ago today I was stepping off the Celebrity Eclipse after a 7 day cruise that cost $625 per person for an balcony stateroom. It was not Disney, and they really put the hard sell on the extra cost restaurants. But it was an amazing vacation.

I will gladly cash my Disney stock dividend check, but those fares are outrageous. One year ago today I was stepping off the Celebrity Eclipse after a 7 day cruise that cost $625 per person for an balcony stateroom. It was not Disney, and they really put the hard sell on the extra cost restaurants. But it was an amazing vacation.
We must have a look that says don't bug us, because on both lines we have been on outside of DCL, RCCL and Celebrity, we haven't been bothered at all about the upsell restaurants. DCL our first few cruises had the wine person bug us, but even that stopped. Maybe in the future we will get nailed, but so far so good. I don't dress fancy along with not spending much onboard, so maybe they think we can't afford it?

Only place we ever got the hard sell was on Disney when I did something that cost in the gym and my mom in the spa. I know this would have happened on any line so not singling out DCL. We did make the mistake of talking to the DVC rep one on one. The hard sell in this guys office was over the top and to be blunt very uncomfortable, especially since we were inquiring for my parents and not us, which he was made aware of upfront.

I will just hope our luck holds and the hard sells stay away:)

And yes DCL concierge prices are outrageous which is why we stopped paying them. But now an oceanview room goes for the price we payed for a Cat V, so by todays standards we got a deal:)

DCL our first few cruises had the wine person bug us, but even that stopped.
Our cruise last year we had a great relationship with the wine steward and our server team. But our cruise wasn't anywhere near full, plus we had late seating and the dining room was nearly empty. Our server team literally had my wife and I and another couple. The wine steward only had 12 other people seat in our section so he had lots of time to interact with us during dinner. No pressure. My wife and I enjoy wine as a hobby, We have VERY modest taste in wine. He really appreciated that and provided us with a list of every bottle of wine on board. The first night he discovered my wife has a knack for picking wines that there was just one bottle left on board, and that bottle could be in one of 8 places on board. He asked if we would like to select a wine for the next night, and we did that from the first night on because he would have to search all over the ship for that one bottle. I think he found that amusing.
Now the extra cost restaurants, they had staff at the entrance of the main (read that was no extra cost) restaurant, which is fine. But at the lunch buffet they had staff roaming and hard selling the restaurants. They kept knocking off $10 from the price until it was clear we were not interested. As our waiter in the main dining room put it, they have more capacity in the extra cost restaurants than they have passengers interested in eating in them.

Are you assuming that they are going to resume paying dividends? :-)
No idea, but the Disney+ could help offset park and cruise losses. I've had the stock for 30+ years. I've already earned more in dividends than I paid for the stock. I paid $1,100 for the stock, as of yesterday's close that stock is worth $14, 880. I think I'm still going okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!