Fantasy deck 5 aft?

gatordoc

hopelessly addicted...
So we just had our GTY room assigned for our upcoming Fantasy cruise, and I’m wondering if anyone has any recent experience with stateroom 5182. All the reviews I can find online are for the Dream, and are many years old. This is pretty much the last room I would have chosen myself because of the aft vibration issues with the Fantasy, the fact that it’s right above the Tube, and the fact that it’s right outside the laundry (which in our past experiences has led to the hallway and sometimes also the room being uncomfortably hot because of the heat emanating from the laundry room). So while we’re still stoked to be on a cruise, because even the most undesirable stateroom beats going to work, I’d love for someone to be able to reassure me at least a little regarding our concerns about heat, vibrations, and nighttime noise.

We stayed in 5168 2 years ago. Not the same cabin, but just 5 or 6 cabins from the one you will be in. We stayed there 2 years ago before the last big dry dock. We did have bad vibration in our cabin. I'm a really light sleeper and noticed it. My dh and dd weren't bothered by it. The vibration was the only thing I didn't like about the location. It was always really quiet otherwise, not sure if we above the Tube, if we were I never heard anything. I also don't remember there being a laundry on the hall, but it was 2 years ago. Hopefully someone who's been in that cabin can give you more info, but if not our experience in that general area was good.

Basically a bar, but it connects to all of the other bars at that level. Sometimes there's live music in there, including at night.
Well.... no.
The Tube is a lounge, but it's a stand alone. It does share one door with Skyline.
tube.png

They do some of the games there (Majority Rules, etc). Also the individual entertainers (magicians, comedians, etc) often do a show in there at night. Sometimes used for Castaway Club receptions (on long cruises).

As noted, the Tube is a lounge, and a concern for us because after the adult shows there’s a DJ until at least midnight, and until 2AM some nights. I don’t begrudge people who enjoy that, but we’re generally trying to sleep by 11PM the latest on our cruises.

Just back from our cruise, and I'm happy to report that we didn't hear a thing from the Tube. The Fantasy's aft vibration issues were in full force, but that just pretty much puts me to sleep as long as the loose hangars in the closet are secured, so we slept really well.

You would have to give me a sizable discount to sleep in the aft Fantasy rooms.

Which itinerary is it? The worst offender is the segment from St Thomas to Castaway Cay in the Eastern Caribbeans. The ship essentially has to travel a similar distance in 1.5 days to what it would in 2 days sailing out. Any speed-up, and you are rocking!

What I would do is, raise the issue with the service desk once (or if) you start to feel the vibrations. They should be able to find another room, which you can use at nighttime. Midship deck 2 is where they found one the last time around (and I slept like a baby).

You would have to give me a sizable discount to sleep in the aft Fantasy rooms.

Which itinerary is it? The worst offender is the segment from St Thomas to Castaway Cay in the Eastern Caribbeans. The ship essentially has to travel a similar distance in 1.5 days to what it would in 2 days sailing out. Any speed-up, and you are rocking!

What I would do is, raise the issue with the service desk once (or if) you start to feel the vibrations. They should be able to find another room, which you can use at nighttime. Midship deck 2 is where they found one the last time around (and I slept like a baby).

Fantasy aft...my nightmare! It was a DVC cruise so we already paid a premium and on top of that...they said no other rooms available. It was the Eastern Caribbean itinerary you mentioned.

This was a Western, so really only went full-out a couple of nights. As I mentioned, the vibrations didn't really bother us - we actually found the thrusters when going into port to be much worse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!