FAO UK Deb or anyone else who's been to HRH

lisag1

Mouseketeer
After seeing Paul's recent thread about HRH I want to go!

We've booked a villa this year but I'm now thinking about moving to HRH for the last couple of nights. What are the approx costs per night in Oct?? How do you go about getting discounts for Universal hotels. We did it last year for The Poly and got a huge discount but don't know how to get it for HRH. Would you recommend going for just 1 or 2 nights and what is front of line access???

Thanks

Lisa

lisa

We went to the HRH for 2 nights in Sept'01. We knew the place was something special then, hence booking again.

We did notice it has become very popular this year. So i would book early.

Front of the line access - Show your room card at USF and IOA or any city walk restaraunt ( except emerils ) and go to the front of the line. You don't have to push past people. They have a dedicated line for this - It's called Universal express.

For discounts you can get a Hard Rock All Access card from www.hardrock.com. When you ring reservations at the HRH , mention to them you have an all access card and they will give you a discounted room rate. I think $99-149. If you want i can give you an All access number (i got 2 cards by mistake).

Another way to get a discounted room is to get a fun card from someone off the US dis board. Or you can apply for a entertainment book at www.entertainment.com.

If you do decide to stay at the HRH, apply for a Loews first card (it is free) and with the card you get extra things and sometimes even a free room upgrade, like we did.

Hope this helps

Paul

Hi Paul,

Is the Entertainment book the same as the one you get as a Disney Club Member??? If so, we've got one of those. Will they be the same discounts as the Hard Rock All Access Card?

The only thing I have to do now is pursuade dear old Dad (who's staying with us in the villa) to babysit for an evening so me and DH can slope out for the night!!! Oh and persuade DH to cough up an extra $200 or so dollars!!!

Cheers for that Paul.

Lisa

I think it is. Although someone else will have to verify this. As far as i know the HRH doesn't publish its discounted rates in the entertainment book, but they do take the entertainment card.

The discounts are roughly the same with both cards.

BTW you will have a blast at the HRH. IOA, USF and City walk are all a 5 minute walk (short cut through the back of the pool) or a 2 minute boat ride. Everything is so accessable. We had a hire car for 7 days and only needed it for the cruise and DC. The rest of the time, the car sat in the parking lot. I read in the local paper Universal Orlando are really going for it. They have just put there staff back on full time, since sep 11th and they are starting to see increased park figures.

Lisa,

We've got a villa booked for 3 weeks this October, and we're going to do two nights at HRH, but part-way through our stay. We've done this before and, for us, it's better than having to pack up at the end of our stay and move everything. You just pack an overnight bag.

Staying at HRH made such a difference to our USF experience. As Paul says, everything is so accessible. And the FOTL access is worth its weight in gold. I do think you need the two nights to make the most of it, otherwise you're checking in at 4pm one afternoon and checking out again at 11am the next morning. Even though you can use the hotel facilities for both days, you don't feel part of it all in the same way (we did just one night at the Beach Club a couple of years back).

We are Annual Passholders and I'm hoping to get AP discounts. I intend to sort it all out this week, so once I've got some information, I'll let you know.

We're staying 18 & 19 October, and Karen (kazzie) is there 18 October, so book the same night and we can have a mini DIS meet!

Also meant to say that I've read on these boards that the Disney Club Entertainment card is not valid for booking Universal Hotels.

Cheers guys,

Deb - what a good idea, another mini Dis meet!

My DH will need no persuading on the sloping out for the night - LOL! But Dad on the other hand........

I looked on the website last night and I didn't realise that HRH had kid-suites. This is something Disney should do really. A whole family cooped up in one bedroom is not my idea of fun!!!

I'm actually gutted now that we didn't get AP's for Universal last November :( We bought Disney AP's but for Universal just bought the 14 day passes. Can you get discounts with AAA membership??? I'm not sure how it all works - as soon as you get info I'd be really grateful if you could pass it on.

I did look on the website and they're quoting $219/night at the moment is this a good price??

Thanks again

Lisa

Lisa,

You definitely do not want to be paying rack rates. If you 'phone and try to book at that rate you will confuse them, LOL - I don't think they are used to people booking without trying to get a discount! Fiona got a good AAA rate ($139?), but then got a better AP rate of $99 per night, but I think she was inside the Off-Peak window. Even so, I think it was about half the rack rate. You only need one AP to get the benefits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter