Fast and Furious Supercharged to use Virtual Line

yulilin3

DIS Veteran
Did a quick scan of the first page and didn't see it mentioned, if it was already mentioned sorry.
Just saw on the UOTeam page that this ride will also use the virtual line same as Fallon
I particularly like the virtual line system, not sure how everyone else feels about it

Blah. I despise the virtual line at Jimmy Fallon. It's okay when they have both theaters running. But when they don't, the upstairs is packed and everyone is jockeying for a seat. And even if you have an Express Pass, you are going to wait 40 minutes.

Blah. I despise the virtual line at Jimmy Fallon. It's okay when they have both theaters running. But when they don't, the upstairs is packed and everyone is jockeying for a seat. And even if you have an Express Pass, you are going to wait 40 minutes.

We never waited 40 minutes with EP.

First time we more or less walked in and there was a queue, we were surprised with that one.

Next time with EP again it was around 10 - 15 minutes. That was a busy day. So, you’re not always going to wait 40 minutes.

Although I’ll never ride it again as it was boring beyond belief.

Any information what this ride is gonna be?

Are they using the same vehicles and track as Disater?

I think the reason for the virtual queue is that there is a large display area where they want guests to interact and that would be difficult with a normal queue. Just a guess on my part.

We never waited 40 minutes with EP.

First time we more or less walked in and there was a queue, we were surprised with that one.

Next time with EP again it was around 10 - 15 minutes. That was a busy day. So, you’re not always going to wait 40 minutes.

Although I’ll never ride it again as it was boring beyond belief.

My daughter loves this ride, so we have to do it a lot (I'm with you...it's underwhelming). When we went on a busy day last June, it was beautiful because they had two theaters running. We walked in, looked around, and about 12 minutes later, we were into the pre-show (I don't count just having my color called as "not waiting"; I'm no longer waiting once I get to the pre-show).

But if there aren't two theaters running, which happens a fair amount on less busy days, it is not an enjoyable experience. We went last fall (and I saw you in the RPR Club Room, but I was too chicken to say hello) and we waited 38 minutes at 10:30am (from the time we scanned our EP to when we went into the preshow). When we went last December, we waited 42 minutes at 11:15am for the same time frame. (Yes, I timed it all three times. Because I'm a dork.)

So, in my rather limited experience, Jimmy Fallon is actually a better experience on busier days.

I don't mind the virtual queue; however, the one at Fallon just takes too much time, even with EP. There's not enough in there to be entertaining, unless the Ragtime Gals are performing. However, we seem to get stuck in the queue room when the ride breaks down. Also, the ride itself isn't really worth the wait. I guess having freedom of movement is better than standing in a queue, but I usually don't have to wait that long for other rides that use EP.

Any rumors about when it will open?

My daughter loves this ride, so we have to do it a lot (I'm with you...it's underwhelming). When we went on a busy day last June, it was beautiful because they had two theaters running. We walked in, looked around, and about 12 minutes later, we were into the pre-show (I don't count just having my color called as "not waiting"; I'm no longer waiting once I get to the pre-show).

But if there aren't two theaters running, which happens a fair amount on less busy days, it is not an enjoyable experience. We went last fall (and I saw you in the RPR Club Room, but I was too chicken to say hello) and we waited 38 minutes at 10:30am (from the time we scanned our EP to when we went into the preshow). When we went last December, we waited 42 minutes at 11:15am for the same time frame. (Yes, I timed it all three times. Because I'm a dork.)

So, in my rather limited experience, Jimmy Fallon is actually a better experience on busier days.

I didn’t even know there were 2 theatres till recently!! Only ever seen one in action........lol.......oh we only did it a second time because DS hadn’t been on it and wanted to experience it.......he was a one and done too.......

Oh you should have said hi!!! Would have loved to have met you.........we have met so many people over the years, some just to say hi and have a chat too, and some who have become very good friends....

If you see us again, make sure you stop by and say hello.......even my husband is getting used to folks coming up to introduce themselves to us by now........always nice.......:)

Oh you should have said hi!!! Would have loved to have met you.........we have met so many people over the years, some just to say hi and have a chat too, and some who have become very good friends....

If you see us again, make sure you stop by and say hello.......even my husband is getting used to folks coming up to introduce themselves to us by now........always nice.......:)

If I see you again, I will! Thanks for all your insights!

Virtual line was a disaster. I think if i enjoyed Jimmy Fallon it would make it more bearable but i hate him and his show. Obviously it was a new ride so i had to try but this is a "Never Do Again" for me. Fast N Furious is terribly boring as well so im sure the Virtual line here will be another chore to get through. If its anything like Hollywood then the ride is going to be junk. Cant wait to do this once, be pissed and then never do it again for the rest of my life lol

We had to wait the 40 minutes for it. The ride was okay, not a 40 minute wait worthy. Maybe 15 minutes. I thought the Simpson's ride was better...

I'm kinda disappointed to know Fast and Furious is going to be like King Kong... :(
I think Universal should make rides more unique... not replicating them like they did with Transformers (replicating from Spiderman) and now Fast&Furious (replicating from Skull Island: Reign of Kong).

It's not exciting at all to know a new ride is going to be equal another one just with new theming.

By the way, I didn't ride Jimmy yet, how does this virtual line works? :scratchin

I'm kinda disappointed to know Fast and Furious is going to be like King Kong... :(
I think Universal should make rides more unique... not replicating them like they did with Transformers (replicating from Spiderman) and now Fast&Furious (replicating from Skull Island: Reign of Kong).

It's not exciting at all to know a new ride is going to be equal another one just with new theming.

By the way, I didn't ride Jimmy yet, how does this virtual line works? :scratchin

You're not alone. However, there are lots of rides that use the same systems. How many dark rides on tracks do they have at Disney?

If it has a virtual line, I'll be skipping it. We tried that once with Fallon and it was an epic fail. Made a "Reservation" on the app, waited a cycle for our group to be let into the lower display area. Waited a few cycles down there until our color was called to head upstairs. Then instead of heading into the ride, the upstairs was packed with many group colors ahead of us. We went back downstairs and left without riding. We figured it would have been at least an hour wait - even with what they claim is a reserved spot. And that was during a light crowd, off-season day.

Of course, if it is just another 3D screen "ride", I'd likely have no interest anyway.

We hit the virtual line perfectly... showed our return time on the ap to get in, got our color card, went upstairs, and as we were entering the top level they changed colors while we were walking past the entrance - walked in and right onto the next show :)

I agree that the ride was not great though.

How does the virtual line for Fallon work with EP? We've never used EP on it, or made a reservation for it, so I'm not sure how either of those could speed up our wait. Last trip, we waited about two colors before ours was called, and then waited a while in the queue to be let into the theater. Took forever.

How does the virtual line for Fallon work with EP? We've never used EP on it, or made a reservation for it, so I'm not sure how either of those could speed up our wait. Last trip, we waited about two colors before ours was called, and then waited a while in the queue to be let into the theater. Took forever.

We just walked right in with EP and they give you a card just like anyone who is returning for their time slot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter