Fast pass?

meb51

Mouseketeer
We have one day to do Disney/CA Adventure. Is there anything equivalent to the Fast Pass at WDW? Unfortunately the one day we have is the Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend (We're on the reposition cruise) so I'm sure the parks are going to be mobbed. ::MickeyMo

I think these are the current fastpass attractions
except I heard that Star Tours was being removed as a FP attraction - but I'm not positive so I left it on the list - just don't count on that one.

In Disneyland

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Indiana Jones Adventure
Splash Mountain
Autopia
Buzz Lightyear Space Rangers
Star Tours
Space Mountain
Roger Rabbit Spin

At DCA

California Screamin'
Mulholland Madness
Soarin' Over California
Tower of Terror
Grizzly River Rapids

How do the fastpasses work? Do you have to buy them? If so, what is the cost and is it worth it?

Oh yeah! I guess I need to know where to get them to begin with! Ha, ha.

Fastpass is a free service and you get them near the attraction you are getting the FP for. You simply insert your admission ticket and it will give you a Fastpass with a specified time to return to ride that attraction. Pay close attention the start time, because you can only old one FP at a time. Once your ride time for that FP has started get a new FP for another attraction before returing to ride.

Pirates and Haunted Mansion also have Fast Pass.

Actually, the Pirates and Haunted Mansion FP machines were removed last summer. They no longer offer FP at those attractions (HM only has it for the holiday version). I think Star Tours will be losing it's FP machines soon--last Friday was really crowded, but they never opened the FP machines up.

That's too bad they took them out. Thanks for correcting me! I was just there last week and didn't even notice that they were gone, but then there weren't any lines and we just walked on them.

Also-- because you are going to be there on a busy day.....do what we did:

When we entered the park, we immediately got a fast pass to Buzz Lightyear. When you receive your pass, at the bottom of the ticket, it tells you at what time when you can get your next FastPass ticket. Get your next FastPass (at whatever attraction you're interested in) immediately at that time posted, and so on throughout the day. You'll notice that as the day goes on, the time between getting each fast pass gets longer and longer.

Also, each FastPass tells you a 1-hour window that you should return to that attraction to ride the ride. Disregard those times listed. You can use your FastPass at any time of the day AFTER the time listed on your ticket. You do NOT have to go back to that attraction only during the hour listed on the FP.

The FastPass is a great gimmick, and it's so great to bypass those long "standby" lines.

Also, keep in mind that some rides have a "Single Rider" line. Two I know of are Soarin' over California in DCA, and Splash Mountain in DL. I'm sure there are many more lines that board members here know about. These single-rider lines basically bring you to the front of the queue, but then you have to wait for a single seat to open up (the ride attendants let you know). It's a good way to see a ride quickly if you don't want to wait 60-90 minutes in the standby line and don't mind splitting up your group.

Thanks for the suggestions about obtaining fast passes and the single rider line. I know at WDW the fast pass tickets sometimes run out pretty early in the day depending on what day you go. I'm assuming Disneyland will be very crowded on that Memorial day weekend Saturday.

disneychrista said:
Fastpass is a free service and you get them near the attraction you are getting the FP for. You simply insert your admission ticket and it will give you a Fastpass with a specified time to return to ride that attraction. Pay close attention the start time, because you can only old one FP at a time. Once your ride time for that FP has started get a new FP for another attraction before returing to ride.

Actually, the pros on this board know how to get more than one FP at a time for select attractions that are not linked to the main computer system. :earboy2: You'll have to search threads for details or can someone link that thread here? (I'm going to lunch in a couple and don't have time to look. :badpc: )

You can aslo hold FPs for attractions at both DL and DCA since the systems are not connected to each other. :p

Buckimion said:
You'll have to search threads for details or can someone link that thread here? (I'm going to lunch in a couple and don't have time to look.
Of course you wouldn't want to waste valuable lunch time here, only work time! LOL I know what you mean! :teeth:

Yes I Know there are ways BUT most of those are no longer available. I believe Roger Rabit is the only "non-networked" FP in Disneyland. Grizzy River Run is the only one in DCA.

Used to be you could get HM, Pirates, and Star Tours but non of these are available anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter