FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I have read through the very thorough first posts, and I still have a question. I’m sure it’s already been addressed, but with so many pages, I’m hoping just to get quick clarification. We have a 5night/6day vacation planned. We are booking a room at animation for night 1 then renting split stay points nights 2-4 at BWV, night 5 at BLT. If book out first night as a package, and purchase our tickets that way, I can book all five days of fast passes at my 60 day mark, correct? If we are only going to the parks for 4 of the 5 days, and have a four day ticket, will it let me book fp for our last checkout day (technically day 6 of our vacation). TIA

Can I transfer a park ticket from one person to another person and not lose the fast passes that are already assigned?

Ok, I have read through the very thorough first posts, and I still have a question. I’m sure it’s already been addressed, but with so many pages, I’m hoping just to get quick clarification. We have a 5night/6day vacation planned. We are booking a room at animation for night 1 then renting split stay points nights 2-4 at BWV, night 5 at BLT. If book out first night as a package, and purchase our tickets that way, I can book all five days of fast passes at my 60 day mark, correct? If we are only going to the parks for 4 of the 5 days, and have a four day ticket, will it let me book fp for our last checkout day (technically day 6 of our vacation). TIA
Yes, you can book for the last day of your trip 60 days from your day of check-in.

Right now the calendar only shows me dates through mid June. Tomorrow will be my 60 day mark will the July dates show up then?

So I'm still holding out hope with our July trip and fp selection day was today. I have a split stay (FQ then Hilton Disney Springs) but was told on online chat I can only make my fp selections for the days I'm at FQ because the tickets are part of hotel, ticket, meal plan package. Is this correct? I'll need a seperate set of tickets or wait until "arrival to activate the tickets then you can make any new fp selections"

Well, this stinks.

Just booked a reservation at ASM for July 22-27. Went to book our FPs and it isn't giving me the option that far out. I can only book FPs through June.

Just realized it's because our annual passes were originally set to expire on July 6 (before covid). So although we know that the passes will be extended at least through September, MDE won't show a new expiration date for the annual pass until park reopening is announced. So it's still showing an expiry date of July 6. Which means even though I know I'll have valid annual passes during our trip date, I can't book FPs until 30 days out.

Just realized it's because our annual passes were originally set to expire on July 6 (before covid). So although we know that the passes will be extended at least through September, MDE won't show a new expiration date for the annual pass until park reopening is announced. So it's still showing an expiry date of July 6. Which means even though I know I'll have valid annual passes during our trip date, I can't book FPs until 30 days out.
You can call Disney, and they will give you temporary 'fast pass tickets', so you can book fast passes. I don't have personal experience with this, but I've read this from several people in the same situation as you.

Well, this stinks.

Just booked a reservation at ASM for July 22-27. Went to book our FPs and it isn't giving me the option that far out. I can only book FPs through June.

Yeah, call the AP line - (407) WDW-PASS or (407) 939-7277

They will put a “FP key” on your account that will let you book FPs.

I have also read several reports of people having successful results with this topic using the online chat support option on WDW’s website.

So I'm still holding out hope with our July trip and fp selection day was today. I have a split stay (FQ then Hilton Disney Springs) but was told on online chat I can only make my fp selections for the days I'm at FQ because the tickets are part of hotel, ticket, meal plan package. Is this correct? I'll need a seperate set of tickets or wait until "arrival to activate the tickets then you can make any new fp selections"
It might not show up in the system yet, but since you qualify for 60 day FP selections with both parts of your stay, you should be able to book from you check in day at the first hotel to the check out date of the last. This is assuming that you're starting your vacation on the property with the package. If you're trying to split the stay the other way, then you'll run into even more trouble than just the FPs.

Split Stays

For purposes of this thread, a “split stay” is defined as two (or more) stays scheduled back-to-back where the checkout date of one stay is the same as the check-in date of the next stay.

Despite some changes to MDX in early 2019 regarding split stays, the system has settled into a new “normal”:
  • As before, for multiple back-to-back onsite stays at Disney-owned resorts (or any resorts that qualify for the 60-day advance window) the booking window will open 60 days before the check-in date of the first stay and extend until the checkout date of the last stay.
  • If offsite stays are combined with onsite stays, no benefits of the onsite stay will apply to the offsite stay. This is a change from prior behavior, especially when an offsite stay follows an onsite stay. In this case, the 60-day “rolling window” no longer occurs, and FPs for the offsite stay will not open until 30 days before each day in the offsite stay.

It might not show up in the system yet, but since you qualify for 60 day FP selections with both parts of your stay, you should be able to book from you check in day at the first hotel to the check out date of the last. This is assuming that you're starting your vacation on the property with the package. If you're trying to split the stay the other way, then you'll run into even more trouble than just the FPs.
Thank you. I called and was told that since the tickets are part of a package (staying on property 1st) to try 60 days out from the Hilton reservation (2nd reservation), but she was not completely sure it would work and to call back if it doesn't. She said any tickets bought as part of a package for a split stay even on property only guarantees the 60 days fp from the 1st hotel until checkout then 60 days from the next check in. I'll see if I can get fp for my 2nd hotel tomorrow.

We are going the beginning of August and know we have to have reservations to get into each park. My question is should I plan to make reservations for AK and HS toward the end of our trip in case they start fastpasses again? This has gotten my way of planning into a mess 🙄. I’m not sure if they will even have fastpasses or if I even need to worry about picking days that are not crowded.

We are going the beginning of August and know we have to have reservations to get into each park. My question is should I plan to make reservations for AK and HS toward the end of our trip in case they start fastpasses again? This has gotten my way of planning into a mess 🙄. I’m not sure if they will even have fastpasses or if I even need to worry about picking days that are not crowded.
I would not expect fastpasses to start up again any time soon, and with the new reservation system no park should be crowded. Without knowing how the new system will work (do you book parks day by day or for length of stay if on property?) I’d say it couldn’t hurt to plan for HS as late in your trip as possible in case earlier travelers get dibs on your days before you do. I suspect that will be the first park to fill each day.

I would not expect fastpasses to start up again any time soon, and with the new reservation system no park should be crowded. Without knowing how the new system will work (do you book parks day by day or for length of stay if on property?) I’d say it couldn’t hurt to plan for HS as late in your trip as possible in case earlier travelers get dibs on your days before you do. I suspect that will be the first park to fill each day.
Yes good idea. We are planning HS towards the end.You think we should plan any other parks toward the end?

Yes good idea. We are planning HS towards the end.You think we should plan any other parks toward the end?
Personally, HS is the only one I’m worried about, but I’m not sure what the actual capacity is as any of the parks to know which ones might reach capacity first. I’d guess MK and EP can hold the most, so there might be an argument to prioritize AK as well?

Personally, HS is the only one I’m worried about, but I’m not sure what the actual capacity is as any of the parks to know which ones might reach capacity first. I’d guess MK and EP can hold the most, so there might be an argument to prioritize AK as well?
Yes that is what I was thinking

Since it looks like FP will be offline for the time beng, we are locking the thread. It will be reopened once the system goes back online.
If you have any questions, first make sure to read the first page and then if you still have questions hold on to them until we reopen the thread
Thank you and thanks to @mesaboy2 for his continued work on this mega thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!