FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I would have to weigh whether the pictures from photopass or the fastpasses would be worth more to me

Don't worry about the photos. They'll all go into your PhotoPass account, and when you link your new AP to your MDE account it will automatically unlock all photos taken in the previous 365 days and allow you to download them. So you won't lose any photos if you wait to upgrade to an AP.

OK, first time using FP+ and magic bands. Do I need to also have my ticket to enter the parks? Or is that information on the magic band?

OK, first time using FP+ and magic bands. Do I need to also have my ticket to enter the parks? Or is that information on the magic band?

As long as everything is linked properly in MDX, all you need is the magicband.

Well, I'm assuming (yeah, dangerous I know) that it's all good. I used the ticket to get FP+ for Animal Kingdom during a black out day for me.
Are you describing a Guest Pass?

The reason the system allowed the FP is because the Main Gate is valid and not blocked out. The FP booking window is based on the validity of the Main Gate, not the Guest Pass.

You really have nothing to worry about - it is a valid FP but if the Guest Pass is blocked out, you won't be in the park anyway and should Cancel the FPs.

I guess I would have to weigh whether the pictures from photopass or the fastpasses would be worth more to me

All the photos that are on your account will be available to you once you upgade. It won't be limited to the day you get the AP but will include your first day even if you just use the ticket. You could wait until the last day to upgade and still have all the photos.

I made FP yesterday for our 10 day split stay Aug trip. I had issues and had to call IT at one point. He fixed the problem, but was surprised I could make FP for our entire ten day trip. He said I should only be able to make it for the first stay and I would need to wait until 60 days out from the second stay to make those. Is he correct?

I made FP yesterday for our 10 day split stay Aug trip. I had issues and had to call IT at one point. He fixed the problem, but was surprised I could make FP for our entire ten day trip. He said I should only be able to make it for the first stay and I would need to wait until 60 days out from the second stay to make those. Is he correct?

The answer depends on where you are staying, what order, and whether each stay is a package or room-only--which you don't state. The Split Stay post addresses all of the different scenarios.

Last edited:
How does Disney know the number of days for my fastpasses when adding Halloween tickets? I have 7 days purchased with the Canadian deal through CAA and have the hard plastic tickets. I will be adding them to my MDE account so I can book fastpasses for end of August starting Aug 26 - 30 days prior. I am going to purchase Halloween party tickets for Aug 25th party and will book fastpasses between 4 and 6 pm, I assume that I can then book my other 7 days for a total of 8 days?

How does Disney know the number of days for my fastpasses when adding Halloween tickets? I have 7 days purchased with the Canadian deal through CAA and have the hard plastic tickets. I will be adding them to my MDE account so I can book fastpasses for end of August starting Aug 26 - 30 days prior. I am going to purchase Halloween party tickets for Aug 25th party and will book fastpasses between 4 and 6 pm, I assume that I can then book my other 7 days for a total of 8 days?

The system looks at the number of ticket entitlements. With the Halloween ticket linked to your MDE account along with the 7 day ticket it will total up to 8 so 8 days of FP's.

Pretty sure I know the answer to this but just want to verify: we're checking in very late in evening on 9/15 under a room only reservation; then our package begins on 9/16 that has our dining plan and park hoppers. Can I make FP+ 60 days out from the 9/15 date or 9/16 date?

Pretty sure I know the answer to this but just want to verify: we're checking in very late in evening on 9/15 under a room only reservation; then our package begins on 9/16 that has our dining plan and park hoppers. Can I make FP+ 60 days out from the 9/15 date or 9/16 date?
I'm pretty sure it's the 9/15 date but I'll have somebody else confirm.

Even if the room only on 9/15 is not attached to my package that doesn't start until 9/16 as its listed on MDE as a totally separate reservation because one is a standard room (room only) and the package is a club level so there will be some checking out-checking in to be done on 9/16. I'm so confused by this! LOL. So on 7/17 our entire 9/16-9/25 will also be available to book FP+ for because of the room only on 9/15?? See I'm totally confused.

Even if the room only on 9/15 is not attached to my package that doesn't start until 9/16 as its listed on MDE as a totally separate reservation because one is a standard room (room only) and the package is a club level so there will be some checking out-checking in to be done on 9/16. I'm so confused by this! LOL. So on 7/17 our entire 9/16-9/25 will also be available to book FP+ for because of the room only on 9/15?? See I'm totally confused.

Opens 60 days before 9/15, but you won't be able to book FPs for 9/15:
RO Stay followed by Package Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first (RO) stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second (package) stay. FPs can be booked for the package stay only; FPs cannot be booked for the room-only stay until tickets are activated at Guest Relations.

One more FP question for a friend that may join us, she's currently booked on-site but if she cancels that reservation and opts to stay at a local friend's house instead will she lose all her FPs? Or like dining they're attached to her MDE account and she wont lose them?

One more FP question for a friend that may join us, she's currently booked on-site but if she cancels that reservation and opts to stay at a local friend's house instead will she lose all her FPs? Or like dining they're attached to her MDE account and she wont lose them?
If she cancels at less than 30 days her FP's will remain. I'm sure her dining would stay also at day 29 or less.

If she cancels at less than 30 days her FP's will remain. I'm sure her dining would stay also at day 29 or less.

Ah ok thanks! So more than 30 days out and she loses her FP then which makes sense because of the 30 and 60 day windows. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!