FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, so if I have three FPs booked for say AK but I want to check to see if Frozen is available in Epcot before switching everything around, I can? If I go through the process to add another I get a warning "Not so Fast....continuing will cancel your existing FP".
Yep, just follow the instructions in post 2 of that link.

Wait, so if I have three FPs booked for say AK but I want to check to see if Frozen is available in Epcot before switching everything around, I can? If I go through the process to add another I get a warning "Not so Fast....continuing will cancel your existing FP".
Yes, as @AngiTN stated, just follow through beyond the Warnings as stated in that post. ( ;) I wrote the steps)

Thanks. New question. Mission Space just has one line for FP whether that's for Green or Orange? Is that right or did I miss something?

When making FP+ for the couple of rides my DGS 6 will be to short to ride, do I include him in the FP+ total? Or do I just bring him in with us (CM will measure him as too short?) There will be 8 of us total but only 7 eligible to ride.

When making FP+ for the couple of rides my DGS 6 will be to short to ride, do I include him in the FP+ total? Or do I just bring him in with us (CM will measure him as too short?) There will be 8 of us total but only 7 eligible to ride.
If he is too short, he cannot enter the line.

Book FPs for part of your group and request a Rider Swap pass when you get to the attraction. One adult stays with the child and after the first group rides, any 3 riders ride using the Swap Pass.

Annual Pass (AP) holders have similar benefits as onsite guests when staying at an onsite resort. The primary difference is that AP holders can book up to 7 days of FPs at all times, and more if the length of the onsite stay is greater.

So, if I'm planning a long weekend (Thur - Sun) and have an AP, I could book Thur night only onsite but still get 60+ days FP for my other three days? And I'd get EMH for both Thursday and Friday correct?

So, if I'm planning a long weekend (Thur - Sun) and have an AP, I could book Thur night only onsite but still get 60+ days FP for my other three days? And I'd get EMH for both Thursday and Friday correct?
You'd get FPs for Thursday and Friday when your window opens. Then, rolling 60 days out for Saturday and then Sunday. EMH for Th/Fri.

You'd get FPs for Thursday and Friday when your window opens. Then, rolling 60 days out for Saturday and then Sunday. EMH for Th/Fri.

So where does the part about AP being able to book "up to 7 days of FPs at all times" come in. I'm getting confused with that language if I could only do FPs on check-in/check-out day on a one night onsite stay.

**Maybe I've answered my own question: I can have up to 7 days of FPs on MDE, but I can't BOOK them more than the 60 days because of only one night onsite stay.**

So where does the part about AP being able to book "up to 7 days of FPs at all times" come in. I'm getting confused with that language if I could only do FPs on check-in/check-out day on a one night onsite stay.

**Maybe I've answered my own question: I can have up to 7 days of FPs on MDE, but I can't BOOK them more than the 60 days because of only one night onsite stay.**
Totally agree you've answered your own question. ;) I didn't realize the 7 day max was a concern - it shouldn't be as long as you don't have more than 3 booked before your 60-day window opens.

Apologies if this is against board rules. I'm still learning what is and isn't appropriate. No judging, and no need to explain why booking throwaway rooms isn't gaming the system. It just seems pretty close to the line...

I understand that once the 60 day window for resort guests opens, you can book up to 14 days in advance. I also understand it is advantageous to book FP+ in reverse order to reduce competition and maximize your opportunity to get hard to get FP+.

Assuming you're booking a 7 day stay, what keeps you from booking a 14 day stay that starts 7 days before your desired stay? It would seem you'd get an extra 7 days to book your FP+. You just need to cancel the first 7 days before the cancellation deadline.

What am I missing?

Apologies if this is against board rules. I'm still learning what is and isn't appropriate. No judging, and no need to explain why booking throwaway rooms isn't gaming the system. It just seems pretty close to the line...

I understand that once the 60 day window for resort guests opens, you can book up to 14 days in advance. I also understand it is advantageous to book FP+ in reverse order to reduce competition and maximize your opportunity to get hard to get FP+.

Assuming you're booking a 7 day stay, what keeps you from booking a 14 day stay that starts 7 days before your desired stay? It would seem you'd get an extra 7 days to book your FP+. You just need to cancel the first 7 days before the cancellation deadline.

What am I missing?
Well, when you write it out like that, it's clearly circumventing Disney rules so no one will be answering.

The Throwaway Room thread does not advocate canceling reservations to gain a 60-day FP window.

You can try asking this question on the Resorts Board.

Technically, this is not a FP question, but you are all so knowledgeable and experienced I was hoping for your opinions. Have you found the wait times listed on MDE to be more, less, or equally as accurate as Lines? Do you generally check both or do you prefer one over the other?
TIA!

Well, when you write it out like that, it's clearly circumventing Disney rules so no one will be answering.

Thanks and no worries. Coming from the land of the recently deprecated paper FastPass, it is amazing to see all of the corner conditions created by the FP+ system. Our biggest workarounds at DL were figuring out which FP machines were connected to each other.

Kudos to you and others on this thread who take the time to explain it to us.

Dropped a FOP FP for Oct 20. Yes I'm an idiot, but AK was really fitting in the plans that day so we are stuck rope dropping.

We are staying with friends that are DVC members.
Our FP+ 60 day mark is this Saturday.
They are going to have the 7 day promotion tickets, while we apparently can't get them because we don't live in the same household (how this is verified? I don't know)
We are then going to buy a 6 day Magic tickets.
If all of our tickets are linked to our respective MDE's, and we are linked to their hotel reservation, can my wife and I book all of the FP+s for the entire group at 7am?
Will there be some conflict being that theirs are DVC account tickets and ours aren't?

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bump

Can anyone help with this?

Ok, I've read through the first few FAQ's at the top, but I am still having an issue.

I will be traveling tomorrow when our window opens. I have the app on my phone ready to go, but it keeps telling me I need to link tickets or a package. We have a package through Disney, so they obviously know it exists. Will this change tomorrow, or do I really need to figure out a way to be on a computer/wifi?

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bump

Can anyone help with this?
"If all of our tickets are linked to our respective MDE's, and we are linked to their hotel reservation, can my wife and I book all of the FP+s for the entire group at 7am?"
Yes. Any type of valid tickets open up the ability to book FPs.

Ok, I've read through the first few FAQ's at the top, but I am still having an issue.

I will be traveling tomorrow when our window opens. I have the app on my phone ready to go, but it keeps telling me I need to link tickets or a package. We have a package through Disney, so they obviously know it exists. Will this change tomorrow, or do I really need to figure out a way to be on a computer/wifi?
@mesaboy2 does include the explanation that packages open up your booking window at exactly 60 days out at 7:00a ET. FPs can be booked from any type of mobile device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter