FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hit a limit in booking FP. We have AP
I have 1 onsite stay check in on 3/9, out on 3/13
Second we check in 4/19 and out on 4/25
I have FP booked for
3/9, 10, 11, 12, 13 & 4/19, 20, 21, 22, 23, and 24. I tried to book on the 25th and it said we had reached our limit. Any ideas?
It's not a huge deal, I'll book the 25th when we use it FP on 3/9. Just wondering why we can't book for all days. Does it not count check in or out day somehow? Am I the last to know this?

Recently, an AP posted that they could only book for 10 days of FPs and the CM told them that was the max for an AP. Yet, you have 11 days of FPs.

APs with 1 lengthy onsite stay can book for a max of 14 days and then the very next day they can book another day of FPs and so on.

Maybe you can check tomorrow and see if you can book for the 25th to see if the system opened that up for you. Usually you can book for all your onsite FP days without any kind of limit, correct?

I probably have hit limits before and not really paid close attention
As mentioned if you have two trips booked your window opens a day early. Well, one interesting note about that, it opens the 2nd window but it doesn't quite see the on site stay because it limits you to a total of 7 days FP like someone without an on site stay has

So yesterday I could only book 2 days worth of my 2nd trip. In the past I thought that was limit period but this time it occurred to me to try today to see if I could book more and I could. I got all but the 25th booked. It's like they don't count days, just nights or something. Even if it did count each day on one trip. Since we arrive early enough to go to a park on arrival day and depart late enough to go on departure day we are able to use FP for each day we are there, which exceeds the nights, if that makes sense.
That's the only thing I can think that is limiting me from booking for length of stay. I know better than to try and call anyone because they are simply going to say AP holders are limited to 7 days because that's what their book says

In late 2015 I was booking FP for an offsite stay in early December and an onsite stay in early January. Two days in January were blocked out due to my Gold AP but I was able to book FP for December and for the non-blocked dates in January. I think I had a total of 9 or 10 days of FP. We then bought 2-day tix so we could book the two blocked dates, but the system wouldn’t let me. I called and the very nice MDE CM tried but couldn’t do it either. So she called the FP folks, and they told her it was because I had reached the overall FP limit - but having an offsite stay before the onsite stay affected the limit too. I know this doesn’t match @AngiTN’s situation exactly, and I’m sorry I can’t remember more details, but I came away with the impression that there’s a hard limit to the number of days of FP the system will let you have.

In late 2015 I was booking FP for an offsite stay in early December and an onsite stay in early January. Two days in January were blocked out due to my Gold AP but I was able to book FP for December and for the non-blocked dates in January. I think I had a total of 9 or 10 days of FP. We then bought 2-day tix so we could book the two blocked dates, but the system wouldn’t let me. I called and the very nice MDE CM tried but couldn’t do it either. So she called the FP folks, and they told her it was because I had reached the overall FP limit - but having an offsite stay before the onsite stay affected the limit too. I know this doesn’t match @AngiTN’s situation exactly, and I’m sorry I can’t remember more details, but I came away with the impression that there’s a hard limit to the number of days of FP the system will let you have.
Thanks!

It has something to do with the “Split” that causes a limit. Even though the window is rolling, maybe because the FPs could be booked that 1 day early the system read it as offsite?

@AngiTN, the system, today, wouldn’t let you book for the last day?

We are heading down for 8 days in Nov. This is our firs time time using FP+. We are only getting 6 day park hoppers. Will I be able book FP for any 6 days during our trip once our window opens? I just want to make sure it doesn’t just let me book the first 6 days of our trip.

We are heading down for 8 days in Nov. This is our firs time time using FP+. We are only getting 6 day park hoppers. Will I be able book FP for any 6 days during our trip once our window opens? I just want to make sure it doesn’t just let me book the first 6 days of our trip.

Yes. You get any 6 days within the 8-day stay, or even before or after as the window opens/rolls forward.

I know this is complete speculation at this point, but in your (anyone's) opinion, do you think that the nighttime safari at AK will be considered the same attraction as the daytime safari, and therefore both not book able as advanced FP?

It is considered the same attraction, so you can book it only once as one of your initial 3 FPs.

I know this is complete speculation at this point, but in your (anyone's) opinion, do you think that the nighttime safari at AK will be considered the same attraction as the daytime safari, and therefore both not book able as advanced FP?

The nighttime safari has been around for awhile now.

Id appreciate some help with making reservations about something i dont see in your FAQ.

I have an account with MDX
I have succesfully added my hotel 6 night reservation and a 7 day park hopper.
The site says my visit is 60 days out (starts april 21.)

When i go to the FP+ site, either through the normal link or through my planner on a specific day where i have a hotel reservation i go to the calendar for making reservations but i cannot select any days beyond the next 30 days.
From the original information in this thread i see the following:

• For onsite guests with a room-only reservation, the 60-day prebooking window will not appear until the 60-day mark, assuming valid tickets are attached to the account. Before this point only a 30-day window (from the current day) will be active, again assuming valid tickets are attached to the account. It is possible to practice booking FPs using this 30-day window.
Am i too early, maybe a timezone difference or something?

Id appreciate some help with making reservations about something i dont see in your FAQ.

I have an account with MDX
I have succesfully added my hotel 6 night reservation and a 7 day park hopper.
The site says my visit is 60 days out (starts april 21.)

When i go to the FP+ site, either through the normal link or through my planner on a specific day where i have a hotel reservation i go to the calendar for making reservations but i cannot select any days beyond the next 30 days.
From the original information in this thread i see the following:

• For onsite guests with a room-only reservation, the 60-day prebooking window will not appear until the 60-day mark, assuming valid tickets are attached to the account. Before this point only a 30-day window (from the current day) will be active, again assuming valid tickets are attached to the account. It is possible to practice booking FPs using this 30-day window.
Am i too early, maybe a timezone difference or something?
You’re about one hour too early. Your 60-day FP window will open this morning at 7:00AM EST.

Allright, ill wait for that, thanks for the awesome quick responses!
Figured id had to link my ticket to a specific reservation but i couldnt find anywhere to do that.

EDIT, it worked! Guess i was too excited

Yay!

FYI, the ticket doesn't get linked to the reservation specifically. The reservation merely unlocks the 60-day window. The ticket unlocks the ability to make Fastpass selections regardless of a reservation within whatever window is available to you.

I've read in this post that if your tickets that are part of a package then you are not able to book fast passes at the 60 day mark. Is that correct?
We are staying on site with MYW tickets and the Summer Quick Service meal. Our tickets are 6 Day Tickets with Park Hopper, specifically.

This will sound dumb, but how do I know for sure if I booked a package. I booked through the website, first choosing our resort, then our tickets and added the Summer Quick Service meal deal. Our reservation doesn't say "package" anywhere, it does say "Special Offer: Summer Meal Offer".

Thanks for any clarification you can give.

I've read in this post that if your tickets that are part of a package then you are not able to book fast passes at the 60 day mark. Is that correct?
We are staying on site with MYW tickets and the Summer Quick Service meal. Our tickets are 6 Day Tickets with Park Hopper, specifically.

This will sound dumb, but how do I know for sure if I booked a package. I booked through the website, first choosing our resort, then our tickets and added the Summer Quick Service meal deal. Our reservation doesn't say "package" anywhere, it does say "Special Offer: Summer Meal Offer".

Yes, if you have package and try to book FP before your 60 day mark it will tell you that you do not have tickets

If you did not buy tickets separately from your room, either from a 3rd party or from Disney, then you have a package. Anything that includes dining is a package

You will be able to book at 60 days. But, until 7 AM EST on that 60th day out, it'll look like you have no tickets linked since they are part of the package. But don't worry, your window will open when it's supposed to.

You ARE able to book at the 60-day mark. What is different is that you won't see tickets in your profile UNTIL the 60-day mark. If you had separate tickets, you could book FP+ within the normal 30 day window up until you reached the 60-day check-in mark. For most people this matters very little.

Dining plans generally require it to be a package. Also, if you don't see tickets in your profile until the 60 day mark, it is a package.

My questions, I suppose, are about control over FP+ booking. When booking FP+ for large groups, does anything special need to be done? Each person/family has an MDE profile and we are all linked as friends and family. When the 60 day window opens will any one person be able to just book all the FP+s, or is there something we need to do to the profiles to allow for this? And finally, once this is completed, can each person then go in and tailor them later for the individual groups if necessary?

My questions, I suppose, are about control over FP+ booking. When booking FP+ for large groups, does anything special need to be done? Each person/family has an MDE profile and we are all linked as friends and family. When the 60 day window opens will any one person be able to just book all the FP+s, or is there something we need to do to the profiles to allow for this? And finally, once this is completed, can each person then go in and tailor them later for the individual groups if necessary?
As long as everyone has valid ticket entitlements you’ll be fine. :) Be sure that everyone has Selected ‘Share All Plans’ in the Family/Friends list.

If everyone has separately linked tickets and you see a 30-day FP Booking Window now for each person, your FPs can be booked at 60 days out when the window opens.

Anyone can log into their MDX account and Modify or Change their FPs.

As long as everyone has valid ticket entitlements you’ll be fine. :) Be sure that everyone has Selected ‘Share All Plans’ in the Family/Friends list.

If everyone has separately linked tickets and you see a 30-day FP Booking Window now for each person, your FPs can be booked at 60 days out when the window opens.

Anyone can log into their MDX account and Modify or Change their FPs.

Thanks a ton. We aren't new to FP+ but definitely new to a 20 person trip (Mickey help us! :rotfl:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter