FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize if this question has been asked before - I read thru the FP FAQ and did some searches but couldn't find the answers.

My son will be visiting with his high school.
Do students get tickets they can link to MDE to make FP+ bookings or are the kiosks their only option? They are likely to arrive after park opening so I think it will be tough to do many rope drop attractions and I think many of the fastpasses may be booked by then. Would like to pass on a strategy to my son so he and his friends can make the most of their day.

Do students get tickets they can link to MDE to make FP+ bookings
Yes; have your son set up an MDX account for the group he’ll be with in the parks. As soon as the group receives their tickets, they can link them to the MDX account and book their FPs if their FP booking window is open - 60 days or 30 days.

Yes, if you have package and try to book FP before your 60 day mark it will tell you that you do not have tickets

If you did not buy tickets separately from your room, either from a 3rd party or from Disney, then you have a package. Anything that includes dining is a package
Thank you so much! I really appreciate the information.

Yes; have your son set up an MDX account for the group he’ll be with in the parks. As soon as the group receives their tickets, they can link them to the MDX account and book their FPs if their FP booking window is open - 60 days or 30 days.
I don't know how groups receive their tickets. Pretty sure they will be handed tickets just before they go through the gate. it's a marching band trip.

I don't know how groups receive their tickets. Pretty sure they will be handed tickets just before they go through the gate. it's a marching band trip.
The trip coordinator will either give them their tickets before they leave for the trip or when they arrive.

Either way, if he sets up the MDX account now, the tickets just need to be linked and they can book FPs using the app.

Hi! My eldest daughter is 14 and wants to make here own MDX account. We have already purchased tickets and linked to my account. If she opens her own account and then I invite her to connect, will the tickets be linked to her, or will this be a second person with the same name? Am I making any sense??

Hello, FP+ newbie here...I've tried to read through and understand both sets of FP threads, but I need a little clarification please...

(all adults) are sneaking in a one day trip to WDW during my visit to DD in Tampa in June. Our park day will be Monday the 4th, which is listed as a 7 on the crowd calendar (at the moment). We are taking a friend who has never been to WDW and would like to go to MK and Epcot. MK is listed as the busier of the two parks that day so I'd really like to start there. However, we really want to ride Soarin at Epcot. That is the only ride we MUST ride so I hate to waste our FPs on that park.

If I select our 3 FP for MK, am I correct in understanding that after we use the first one, we can then schedule a 4th in Epcot? If so, what are our chances of getting on Soarin'? Can you continue to book FP as you use them?

Thanks for helping with this. I'm a bit overwhelmed!

Hello, FP+ newbie here...I've tried to read through and understand both sets of FP threads, but I need a little clarification please...

(all adults) are sneaking in a one day trip to WDW during my visit to DD in Tampa in June. Our park day will be Monday the 4th, which is listed as a 7 on the crowd calendar (at the moment). We are taking a friend who has never been to WDW and would like to go to MK and Epcot. MK is listed as the busier of the two parks that day so I'd really like to start there. However, we really want to ride Soarin at Epcot. That is the only ride we MUST ride so I hate to waste our FPs on that park.

If I select our 3 FP for MK, am I correct in understanding that after we use the first one, we can then schedule a 4th in Epcot? If so, what are our chances of getting on Soarin'? Can you continue to book FP as you use them?

Yes, as soon as you use your 3 FPs in MK, you can book a 4th FP in any park. Actually, I think there is a special scenario where if you only book 2 FPs and tap in for your 1st FP at the park, you can book a 3rd FP at a different park???? Hiro or mesaboy2 can fill you in with the details.

But yes, you can continue to book additional FPs as you use them (or let them expire). Good luck and have fun!

Update:

Check out this thread, particularly post #4.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...ng-cl-fp-trial-program.3538258/#post-56320835

Last edited:
If I select our 3 FP for MK, am I correct in understanding that after we use the first one, we can then schedule a 4th in Epcot?
No; if you pre-book 3 for MK, you’ll need to use all 3 for MK before using the app to book Soarin - you can attempt to book it while in line for FP#3.

No; if you pre-book 3 for MK, you’ll need to use all 3 for MK before using the app to book Soarin - you can attempt to book it while in line for FP#3.

To clarify, you don't have to use all 3, but you do have to have no remaining FastPasses for that day. You can prebook 1 or 2 FastPasses rather than 3 and once you use those book the rest of your first 3 at a different park. For example, I am doing Epcot. I book Frozen Ever After (Tier 1) and don't make any Tier 2 selections, I can make 2 FastPasses at another park as soon as I scan into Frozen. I have done this a number of times as other than Mission Space (didn't care for it) and Spaceship Earth, the rest of Tier 2 (Figment, Shorts, Nemo, Crush, and The Land) don't typically benefit from using FastPass (reasonable standby waits) unless you're trying to use up your first 3 to get a second Tier 1 at Epcot (FEA, TT, or Soarin). NOTE that you can also cancel any remaining FastPasses and make new ones at another park.

Forgive me if this is addressed already, but I can't seem to find it. How long does the rolling fast pass window continue? Like, if you had an onsite stay from Mar. 1st to 8th, when would the rolling fast pass end? Sixty days from Mar. 8th?

Forgive me if this is addressed already, but I can't seem to find it. How long does the rolling fast pass window continue? Like, if you had an onsite stay from Mar. 1st to 8th, when would the rolling fast pass end? Sixty days from Mar. 8th?
The 60-day window continues to roll until you actually checkout on the 8th. So, before you leave your resort, you’ll have 60 days open for FP booking.

I have a complicated FastPass question...

We are arriving in June. I've already linked our tickets to MyDisneyExperience. We are staying offsite, but at a Disney Springs hotel which has now become a "Good Neighbor Hotel" which will allow us to book our FP's 60 days in advance.

Here's the complicated part... I got the room (and flight and car) through Expedia. I don't have a confirmation number to enter to link the room to our tickets.

Suggestions? Certainly somebody has had this situation...

To clarify, you don't have to use all 3, but you do have to have no remaining FastPasses for that day. You can prebook 1 or 2 FastPasses rather than 3 and once you use those book the rest of your first 3 at a different park. For example, I am doing Epcot. I book Frozen Ever After (Tier 1) and don't make any Tier 2 selections, I can make 2 FastPasses at another park as soon as I scan into Frozen. I have done this a number of times as other than Mission Space (didn't care for it) and Spaceship Earth, the rest of Tier 2 (Figment, Shorts, Nemo, Crush, and The Land) don't typically benefit from using FastPass (reasonable standby waits) unless you're trying to use up your first 3 to get a second Tier 1 at Epcot (FEA, TT, or Soarin). NOTE that you can also cancel any remaining FastPasses and make new ones at another park.

But I have to use all three in the same park before picking one for another park, correct?

But I have to use all three in the same park before picking one for another park, correct?

No, you can pre-book only one (or two) in your first park. As soon as you scan your MB at your first FP, you can immediately book one (or two) FPs at another park.

***Edited. But, if you pre-book three FP at one park, then Yes, you do have to use all three before booking your 4th at a second park.

As long as you have used (a FP is used as soon as you tap into the FP line) all the FastPasses you have booked for that day, be that 1, 2, or 3, you can make FastPasses in another park from either whatever remain of your original 3 or one at a time if you already used the first 3.

I have 3 extra family members in my account, from a one day trip I took with my mom and sisters a couple of years ago, that show up when selecting who to make FP for even though they no longer have a valid ticket associated with them. For my trip this May, there will be 5 of us going, but not those 3. Is there a way to hide them or something so I can use "select all" when making or looking for FP reservations for my party of 5 or do I have to individually select the 5 I want each time?

When I go to my Family and Friends list I see that I can update them and remove them from the list. Does that delete them completely? Will they still be available to me if I plan another trip with them in the future with their magicbands attached? They don't have their own MDE account and probably won't ever set one up.

Will they still be available to me if I plan another trip with them in the future with their magicbands attached?
Because they have MBs linked to them, you can’t delete them from your MDX account. Only IT can delete them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!