FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to share here the success of a strategy Hiro said would work (in another thread) (for those who may not know it).

I was able to book my Fast Passes for three of my park days Nov. 11-13 (4 days early) by having my cousin's family book them for me with their account since several of our days crossover.

The prerequisites:
1) My cousin's family's FP window opened up today as they are going from Nov. 6-13.
2) My entire party is in their friends/family list
3) I have standalone tickets (not a package) for my entire party.

They were able to select one of their party (my cousin), plus all of my party to book a FP for any day during their stay.
They picked Monday at Animal Kingdom (for example). They already have Fast Passes at MK that day.

The system would say that my cousin already has the maximum Fast Passes for that day and should remove them. She removed herself .. and am able to hit "NEXT" and continue booking Fast Passes for my party for any days we cross over .. despite us checking in 4 days later than they are.
When my FP+ window opens on Tuesday, I will be able to book the final park days of my trip (11/15 and 11/16).

This strategy secured me a 9:30 AM FOP FP for my Animal Kingdom day . because I am making it 60+6 days in advance as opposed to 60+2 days in advance. I feared not being able to get a FOP FP until later in the day, which just wouldn't be convenient as we have a 2yo on the trip.

A great strategy to help families plan together that may be arriving at different times, though it doesn't work if party #2 has a package with tickets.

Yes, you could argue it is a bug in the system, but I am just sharing what the system allows.

If we are staying onsite for 7 nights but only doing the parks for two days, should we try for fp+ towards the end of our stay for the hard to get rides?

Yes, you could argue it is a bug in the system, but I am just sharing what the system allows.

I think parties arriving on different dates is a very common occurrence and I will give Disney MDX rare props for thinking ahead for situations like this.

I think parties arriving on different dates is a very common occurrence and I will give Disney MDX rare props for thinking ahead for situations like this.
Well .. considering it only works if the second party has standalone active tickets, it makes me think it really isn't built-in . but maybe just an oversight in the coding :). But it is nice. I have another trip potentially in March that will have the same issue. I may be checking in a day before my Sister's family .. the problem is this won't work because they have tickets in a package. So I either wait a day to make my Fast Passes, or just hope we can schedule things at the same time's separately.

Besides .. the other reason I think this isn't on purpose is because it could easily be exploited. I can think of an easy way to exploit this myself simply by having two separate MDE accounts with room reservations that cross over. Heck -- maybe a lot of people do this already and just don't advertise it.
Could be even more sketchy and just charge strangers to be your friends and book Fast Passes early for them.

Anyway .. I just feel, in general that 60-day fast passes .. should just be that .. 60 days. No "bonus" for the length of your stay and getting FPs for a given day many days before others even have a chance.

It would eliminate "crossover stay" issues and would eliminate the frustration people have when trying to book FPs at the crack of 7:00 AM and there not being availability already. I bet a lot of people don't understand that tons of people had the opportunity to book Fast Passes for that day ahead of them despite them trying at the first available minute they could.

Sure .. it would be a pain to log in every day to make Fast Passes for every your trip .. but at least it would be fair.

So then, if we have 2 MDE accounts, mine and DD23, linked, but her arrival day is 2 days prior to ours, can she make FPs for all our days, but it has to be her account? (I can't log in and do it since it's her arrival day that is first, even tho we are linked?)
So we would need to have her add ALL of us on her account as friends/family?

I did read the Q&A at the beginning of this before posting, but please feel free to redirect me if I missed it.

We are going for a brief, 4 day trip, so not a lot of lead time for FOP & SD. We will have hopper passes.

I was always under the belief that you had to schedule all 3 initial FP in the same park. I had read some posts that seemed to suggest you do not.

Reason I’m asking- if I were to get a late hour FOP FP, what are strategies I could possibly use to use FP in another park beforehand (or are there none?)
Thanks!

I did read the Q&A at the beginning of this before posting, but please feel free to redirect me if I missed it.

We are going for a brief, 4 day trip, so not a lot of lead time for FOP & SD. We will have hopper passes.

I was always under the belief that you had to schedule all 3 initial FP in the same park. I had read some posts that seemed to suggest you do not.

Reason I’m asking- if I were to get a late hour FOP FP, what are strategies I could possibly use to use FP in another park beforehand (or are there none?)
Thanks!

You still must, unless you are making use of the club-level stay trial program for an additional fee.

Team need help from the experts......Out fast pass window is tomorrow and I noticed when I go into fast passes it says my tickets are not linked. It's a package and the tickets do show on MDX. Just wondering is this due to me checking one day earlier and this issue will not be there tomorrow?

Our 60day window opened this morning, jumped on at 0600 central time and made my picks. This is the first time I did not get all that I planned for. It appears to me that offering the 60 day window to the good partner hotels has really diminished the perk of staying on site. The first 3 days of the trip, Nov 15-17, no slinky dog, FOP, or Mine Train available. I understand that there are 2 Xmas parties in Magic kingdom the first 2 days so the hours are shorter. Just seemed like inventory was low already, never experienced this before.
I suggest if you want the new attractions, book later days in your trip for those. I scored at least one Slinky and one FOP for the beginning of the following week. I can only imagine what it’s gonna be like when Galaxy Edge and Star wars land opens..then I guess those will be impossible to get and the others will get easier.
Oh well, now the wait begins...I wish I didn’t love Disney so much, but I do so T minus 60 days until the magic begins. Good luck to everyone, and a little pixie dust to help with your fastpass picks!

Team need help from the experts......Out fast pass window is tomorrow and I noticed when I go into fast passes it says my tickets are not linked. It's a package and the tickets do show on MDX. Just wondering is this due to me checking one day earlier and this issue will not be there tomorrow?
My account said that this morning as well, until I could make my fastpass picks. I booked trip and tickets online and knew they were linked. You can check your Mydisneyexperience app, if your resort stay and tickets are there and you have all your guests listed, you will be good to go when your window opens. Good luck!

My account said that this morning as well, until I could make my fastpass picks. I booked trip and tickets online and knew they were linked. You can check your Mydisneyexperience app, if your resort stay and tickets are there and you have all your guests listed, you will be good to go when your window opens. Good luck!
Thanks for the feedback. My daughter had no problems so I'm hoping everything will be fine.

Question about the 7 day limit with APs. We have an onsite stay in October for 4 days--FP for all 4 days were booked at the 60 day window. We also have an onsite stay in November for 5 days and the 60 day window for that opens later this week. Am I correct that I can only book FP for 3 of those days in November because that will put us at the 7 limit? Or does the system up the limit due to the "length of stay" part that allows AP to have more than 7 days booked if the stay is more than 7 days? I'm assuming that the system doesn't see it that way because that "length" is over two separate reservations, but just want to know before I go in this week to book FP for the November trip.

And another AP related question. Our November stay is with friends who have APs, but those will expire prior to the end of the vacation. They have purchased separate (non-package) two day hoppers to finish out the remainder of the vacation and already have those linked to themselves in MDE. (I know, it's possible this is not the most cost effective thing to do, but they aren't planning to renew the APs because they won't be back again within a year, so for right now, they believe this is the cheapest way to do it--anyway, that's not my question.) Can they book FP for their entire stay since between the AP and the two-day tickets they do, in fact, have admission for the full 5 days? Or will this confuse the system? Any tricks about booking this that they should know in order to make it work? They aren't trying to game the system or cheat, they have five days worth of tickets, it's just that the first three days will be on the AP and the next two will be on regular tickets.

Thanks for any help on this!

Question about the 7 day limit with APs. We have an onsite stay in October for 4 days--FP for all 4 days were booked at the 60 day window. We also have an onsite stay in November for 5 days and the 60 day window for that opens later this week. Am I correct that I can only book FP for 3 of those days in November because that will put us at the 7 limit? Or does the system up the limit due to the "length of stay" part that allows AP to have more than 7 days booked if the stay is more than 7 days? I'm assuming that the system doesn't see it that way because that "length" is over two separate reservations, but just want to know before I go in this week to book FP for the November trip.

And another AP related question. Our November stay is with friends who have APs, but those will expire prior to the end of the vacation. They have purchased separate (non-package) two day hoppers to finish out the remainder of the vacation and already have those linked to themselves in MDE. (I know, it's possible this is not the most cost effective thing to do, but they aren't planning to renew the APs because they won't be back again within a year, so for right now, they believe this is the cheapest way to do it--anyway, that's not my question.) Can they book FP for their entire stay since between the AP and the two-day tickets they do, in fact, have admission for the full 5 days? Or will this confuse the system? Any tricks about booking this that they should know in order to make it work? They aren't trying to game the system or cheat, they have five days worth of tickets, it's just that the first three days will be on the AP and the next two will be on regular tickets.

Thanks for any help on this!
Since both of your stays are onsite, the 7 day limit does not apply.

Your friends should be just fine as they’ll have sufficient ticket media for the # of days they want to book.

Is anyone else having problems with fast passes? We are here now and I added fp for 5 at the 60 day mark Today MDE is only showing up for 2. Also, I wanted to add more fast passes and when I open up fast passes on the iPhone it says, “please try again Sorry there is a problem, loading the requested information. “. Any suggestions how to correct the numbers and how I can add more Thanks

Forgive me if the answer to this question is at the beginning of the thread . . . I did a quick perusal and did not see it. Are you still required to initially book 3 fastpasses as in the early days of FP+, or can you only book 2?

Forgive me if the answer to this question is at the beginning of the thread . . . I did a quick perusal and did not see it. Are you still required to initially book 3 fastpasses as in the early days of FP+, or can you only book 2?

You can pre-book 2 if you want to. Are you hopping to a 2nd park?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!